View full 2023-24 profile

4.9 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ekeke

IMO start anyone else. Anyone. Play a youngster. Anything

Then bring him off the bench after an hour or more because thats where he has an outstanding record. If you ever start him you cant bring him off the bench

edgecutter

He was jogging around like rashford tonight when defending. He only sprints to get into the box and ever pass was a 6 yard sideways ball. We can do better than this, but he'll remain and be here next season with a new contract.

Ekeke

He was jogging around like rashford tonight when defending. He only sprints to get into the box and ever pass was a 6 yard sideways ball. We can do better than this, but he'll remain and be here next season with a new contract.
He's done that all season. Like it isnt his job to do any defending and its just his job to support our striker in attack

time4change

Supports
Nottingham forest
He deserved to start after Liverpool but should have been subbed off after 20-25 minutes.
He does not deserve to start, he is a player that at best comes on when you are losing and need a goal, that’s his ONLY attribute.
When he starts there are holes all over the midfield, that Brentford exploited today, I always thought he was worse than Fred and he’s still here getting a lot of game time.

flameinthesun

He does not deserve to start, he is a player that at best comes on when you are losing and need a goal, that’s his ONLY attribute.
When he starts there are holes all over the midfield, that Brentford exploited today, I always thought he was worse than Fred and he’s still here getting a lot of game time.
He started because he was fit to start the game. Case and Mount both coming back from injuries so it made sense why he started.

Nothing Mctominay did today is a surprise, we all know he's not a United player however when half the midfield are off getting injured then we have to play him. He'll be off in the summer most likely.

edgecutter

McTominay is just like ETH, he has his moments when you think there may be something there but in reality he's just a very poor player.

El__Jingo

Said this over and over and over and im sick ofsaying it.

The WORST player i have ever seen play for this GREAT club, people will go on about your bebe's/Obertan/Bellion etc etc but this lad has absolutely stole a career here, 27 years old an played 244 games for us.

Two Hundred and Forty Four ... bare in mind id say 75% of that is in a double pivot/ Holding midfield role which he doesnt have 1 actual technical attribute to play that position.

any fan on this forum ( and there are a few ) who try to talk themselves into thinking he's a good squad player or worthy of squad number i cannot take serious.

absolute donkey of a player

A-man

We had the match of the season against Liveroool. Every player who started that game should start the next. Apart from that, I totally agree with you when it comes to his role in the team and his weaknesses.

Doracle

I honestly don’t remember him playing a pass today. Got stuck in a bit I guess but seemed completely invisible when we had the ball.

Vidooq

Your team is only as good as your worst player. And boy, do we have some of these. You can't be a Manchester United midfielder if you can't play a facking 5-meter pass precisely. This is why he can't play anywhere in the middle, as every position in the midfield requires knowing when and how to pass a ball. I don't care if you score 50 goals per season, this is the absolute minimum. He can't dribble, he can't control the ball. He should be the fourth-choice midfielder and someone we can use ONLY when we chase the game or we play the likes of Southend in the FA Cup. Him starting 30 games this season shows abysmal rooster planning.

For the love of God, I can not understand how a professional player, let alone, one that plays in the Premier League can not pass the ball. A simple pass. I don't get it. And I never will.

Djemba-Djemba

Central midfielder that can't pass or track back or tackle or maintain any sort of disciplined position.

He's in the side because he scores the odd goal. He's like Fellaini.

E-mal

He is the symptom of the disease eating us up. Such a terrible footballer.

klayton88

Has anybody seen him busting a lung sprinting? Ever? He gets away with just pottering about. Refs put in more of a shift than him.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I never understood why the post SAF's managers are so obsessed with the big useless lump in CM. Its such an insult towards the likes of Scholes to have Fellaini/McT in midfield

RedStarUnited

Has anybody seen him busting a lung sprinting? Ever? He gets away with just pottering about. Refs put in more of a shift than him.
I am flabbergasted that he is actually considered a hard worker. Yet since maybe the Jose times, I have never seen him being a good player from a defensive perspective.

Sylar

He does that jogging thing a lot. He did it when fred was here and got grouped with fred as mcfred which was harsh on fred at times. MCT doesn't show for the ball nor does he sprint back when he needs to. His play on the ball is atrocious.

There is no way our squad and youth are that horrible that mctominay still starts for united in 2024.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I’ve said it plenty of time, all that Scott and Rashford offers is when they actually score. If they’re not doing that, we’re effectively playing a man down because they’re useless.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
70% passing accuracy out of 33 passes, with zero key pass / creativity.

How can you work with a midfield partner like this?

Roboc7

70% passing accuracy out of 33 passes, with zero key pass / creativity.

How can you work with a midfield partner like this?
Yeah completing 23 passes in over 100 minutes of football is just not good enough and makes you feel sorry for Mainoo.

He has a use off the bench for 20 minutes or so but starting him is rarely a good idea.

TempusFugit

My man's cosplaying as a 2nd striker if not an outright centre forward. Mctominay has never been a top midfielder but he at least had the basics. He could put in a tackle, worked hard and could carry a ball. All of that seems to have vanished. He's become very lazy and looks clueless when asked to actually play in midfield. We effectively play a one man midfield against most teams because Bruno floats around all game as well.

Glorio

Ah ... But his fan club here were trying to convince us that we owe our position to him - we actually do, but not in the way you think. If he had a midfield that could actually out a foot on the ball and control it, we wouldn't be in the position to need his "late run" goals so much.

Useful sub when chasing a goal, but that's it. Playing him and Bruno in the same midfield is truly a joke. We could accommodate Bruno if we had another midfielder who can control the ball at a high level, but playing both? How on earth do we intend to have any control?

Andersons Dietician

I never understood why the post SAF's managers are so obsessed with the big useless lump in CM. Its such an insult towards the likes of Scholes to have Fellaini/McT in midfield
Height and that he will at least try and compete for a header in defensive areas. There isn’t much of that in our squad, people willing to take a knock to defend so I suppose he has that going for him.

Cantona’s Kung Fu Kick

But, but... he scores now and then.

Such a non player.
You’re absolutely right, to listen to some on here you’d think he was peak Jimmy Greaves. He’s played in 31 games this season and scored 8 goals. 4 of those came in 2 games so in 29 other games he has scored the grand total of 2 goals. But apparently he’s a regular scorer. Just a nothing of a player.

E-mal

He belongs at West Ham
Who is he going to play ahead of in westham? we continue to underestimate players at lower clubs thinking McT is better than Ward-Prowse.

McT is a chap that would not look out of place as a bouncer in a night club.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Height and that he will at least try and compete for a header in defensive areas. There isn’t much of that in our squad, people willing to take a knock to defend so I suppose he has that going for him.
We always had players with different characteristics so we can switch things around. We won the treble because Bayern were arrogant enough to take llothar Matthaus out and a kuffour led defense was simply too dumb to switch their game from cole/Yorke to teddy/ole

However what we are doing is different to that. We are buying players who doesn't fully suit our game and then expect players in different positions to have the skillset to compensate even though that skillset vary greatly to what that player needs to do well in his position. McT is a midfielder. Aerial prowess should be provided by CBs or STKs not a CM one especially one who is shit in almost everything a CM must do.

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Only thing I'd use him for is if we badly need a goal in the 90 odd minute and we put him in instead of a CB.
Basically this. Just about the best use of him as an emergency CF coming on when we’re chasing a goal. I’d assume he started because Mount, Casemiro wasn’t fit enough to start and eriksens legs have gone basically.

Still mind boggling that he was allowed to finish that match. Starting McT in midfield basically declares you’re willing to lose control in midfield before a ball is even kicked, imo. EtH deserves all the flak he gets.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It truly is mind boggling how many of our players simply deem it alright to jog around on the field.