Scott Parker | Sacked

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Fixture list done them in a bit.

Comfortably beat us first day which is sort of result they need especially at home to have a chance....then they get Man. City and Liverpool away and Arsenal at home in next three fixtures.

Someone in top 8 will probably lose all three games so it's obviously not essential if you want to finish 17th.

GlasgowCeltic

Kieffer Moore leading the line reminds me of when Norwich came up with the likes of Holt and Steve Morison, they were both better though

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
They seem to have come up with a weaker squad than the one they had when they were last in the PL, which isn't a great sign for them.

Tiber

They will probably go down either way, but I find Parker hard to like

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mental to do it that early. Can only assume he demanded more funds based on that statement.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems pretty reactionary but maybe he was on his last legs already

the_cliff

I do think that's harsh. I mean they beat Villa first game.

Maybe it's the manner of losses against City, Arsenal and Liverpool but I refuse to believe their board expected to get points from those games...

Red Star One

Mental to do it that early. Can only assume he demanded more funds based on that statement.
Guess this is the reason, perhaps he’s given them an ultimatum and threatened to leave if there’s no major reinforcements and guess what - there’s none. There’s in all sorts of trouble

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
How many points did they expect from Villa at home, City away, Arsenal at home and Liverpool away?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
They've lost to City, Liverpool (a hammering) and Arsenal and beat Villa.

I'd say that's the very best Bournemouth could've hoped for to be honest.

Ridiculous

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Him saying he wasn't surprised they lost 9 - 0 felt like a dig too. Probably pissed the board off.

Dannn411

They didn't even give him a chance to play teams he should be beating. Of the fixtures played so far, he won the one that he was supposed to win.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Very harsh.

They've played Villa, City, Arsenal and Liverpool. And they won that Villa game 2-0.

Though his comments about how badly they needed to strengthen earlier in the summer were a bit of a red flag so it may be driven by recruitment issues.

SteveCoppellFan

Bournemouth are basically saying we will take the cash windfall for the season and if we finish bottom, we finish bottom.

It was pretty obvious Parker was finding that hard to accept.

Jacko21

Sounds like irreconcilable differences, rather than a knee jerk reaction to the early results.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Him saying he wasn't surprised they lost 9 - 0 felt like a dig too. Probably pissed the board off.
I don't blame him when they've barely made any movements in the transfer market. They have played 3 teams that will likely finish in the top 4 so I imagine this is something to do with a boardroom bust up.

prateik

The "run the club sustainably" might suggest Parker wanted some signings and the club didnt want to spend the money..

philnguyen1994

I know they just lost 9-0, but Bournemouth got 1W 3L from Villa, City, Arsenal and Liverpool. For a newly promoted side, what was they expecting to get from those games exactly?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I know they just lost 9-0, but Bournemouth got 1W 3L from Villa, City, Arsenal and Liverpool. For a newly promoted side, what was they expecting to get from those games exactly?
Pretty sure this isn't to do with results.

CM

I do feel a bit sorry for him. I don't particularly rate Parker as a coach but it must feel like a knife in the back having brought them back up with a team that isn't good enough for the Premier League, not getting sufficient backing to bring the team up to standard and then getting sacked off the back of a drubbing.

Admittedly, 9-0 was a bad one and they didn't play at all well vs Arsenal either. But three of their four matches have been against three of the top five teams from last season.

Jezpeza

Tbh they came up and spent just 26 mil. The players they signed are championship players. They are like Norwich - they will spend very cautiously, pocket the cash and mainly sign players that will help them get re promoted next season.

can see them swapping managers a couple of times this season because they are cheaper than players but ultimately expect to see them get spanked most weeks

Nickosaur

That is a mad decision so early - even more so when you consider the only game they had a chance of getting points in (Villa game) they won!

Something must have happened behind the scenes.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Ridiculous decision if based off results.

If it's based on them falling out on the transfers issue, he has every right to be aggrieved to be honest. Forest and Fulham are having a proper go at it whilst Bournemouth have spent about £20m combined on 4 or 5 players who look like they belong in a Championship side.

Lyng

Must have to do with his statements after the match. He wasn't wrong though. Villa should give him the job after the inevitable Gerrard sack

mikeyt

Stupidity of the highest order! One bad result against a very good team doesn't define a season. Horrific fixtures, a number of clubs would have lost all of those games (maybe not by as much).

Nero

Stupidity of the highest order! One bad result against a very good team doesn't define a season. Horrific fixtures, a number of clubs would have lost all of those games (maybe not by as much).
It wasn't results.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
100% about recruitment.

Parker made the mistake of using that 9-0 as a way of telling the recruitment team to buy better players, alas it hasn't ended well.

Mike Smalling

That's pretty rough. They are not bottom of the league or even in the relegation zone.

Hasenhüttl is still going strong after two 9-0's with a much better squad.