Scottish Football 23-24

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
The bernardo one he stopped before he got to Goldson. Goldsons follow through and studs hit Bernardo. Goldson goes down pretending he is hurt. (Cheating) . Not a yellow for Bernardo. Sterling done a similar tackle minutes later on Taylor and actually followed through and caught taylor , and zero booking.

The Alistair Johnston elbow was inexplicable though, blatant yellow at the very least. Though a rangers player busted O'Rileys nose with a purposeful swing of the arm and got no freekick.

The penalty decision is hilarious, stonewaller (if he's onside) however it was so far offside that it's never a penalty. The Rangers raging at the correct decision being made is hilarious.

Said it from his first game against us in last years Scottish football thread , Todd Cantwell is horrible, a shocking footballer, how do these players who are so shocking in Scotland (nat phillips, shane duffy, matt doherty etc) play in the Super dooper English premier league during their careers, thought it was meant to be a decent level ?

EPL is best league in world for me. Shane Duffy can't play in a team that sits on half way line because it is attacking 80 percent of the time in most SPL games. He is a good defender but slower than a weak in Jail. He was excellent for Brighton because when he was there, they defended deep and his lack of pace wasnt exposed. It was badly exposed at Celtic. Plus he was dealing with his dad's death. He was playing with huge grief.

I was about 10 yards away from the penalty incident y'day and I said to all around me that its a definitely penalty. Can't understand how it wasn't given. Granted, it was offside but that only came later on. The VAR didn't look at offside at the time. Their fans on follow follow are absolutely hilarious. Paranoia doesn't even begin to cover it. Funny viewing to be honest. Apparently Peter Lawwell controls Scottish football. Everything is geared towards making sure Celtic triumph. Moonhowlers!

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Rangers had higher xg in the game - 0.97 v 0.64. And that doesn’t include the Dessers golden chance because he didn’t get the shot away. Add that in and Rangers have double the quality of chances in the game than Celtic.

Narratives get developed after Old Firm games that bear little resemblance to the 90 minutes. The media need a clearer story to run with than the reality of a tight, gritty game decided on a couple of moments that had nothing to do with Rodgers/Clement/McGregor/Lundstram etc.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Rangers had higher xg in the game - 0.97 v 0.64. And that doesn’t include the Dessers golden chance because he didn’t get the shot away. Add that in and Rangers have double the quality of chances in the game than Celtic.

Narratives get developed after Old Firm games that bear little resemblance to the 90 minutes. The media need a clearer story to run with than the reality of a tight, gritty game decided on a couple of moments that had nothing to do with Rodgers/Clement/McGregor/Lundstram etc.
Honestly, I am struggling to even know how to respond to that but I'll do my best.

There is no narrative here, I listed chances we had 2nd half, factually, correct. Nothing to do with a narrative. In my opinion, we absolutely deserved to win. Yee had some decent chances, ( clearer cut chances than Celtic, admittedly ) mainly down to Celtic errors, not through yee cutting us open with quality football, Dessers chance, McAusland chance, Cantwell shot straight at Joe Hart - all because of Celtic errors. Reading follow follow last night, one of your fans said, Tav goal was your only shot on target yee had 2nd half and pretty much all your fans said we deserved to win because we were/are better from middle to front, which we were / are. There is absolutely no narrative here. We dominated yee, territorally, 2nd half. Your best chances in 1st half were down to Celtic errors, as stated, yee showed virtually nothing 2nd half until the goal. Yee showed spirit for staying in the game which, would not have happened under Gio or Beale, and there is no doubt Clement has done a very good job, and yee may still win the league ( Jan is huge for both clubs, we will sign at least 3 players ) but Celtic deserved the victory on Saturday, and McGregor was best player on park.

Honestly, I have no idea how you can say we didn't deserve to win the game. It was tight, yee hung in there, admirably, which yee deserve full credit for, but yee created absolutely nothing second half. Yee played quite well 1st half but offered virtually nothing second half until your goal.

Xg is a guide. You are getting too hung up on it. Xg doesn't tell you that your best chances were down to Celtics sloppiness. With better decision making in final 3rd ( especially Abada shooting when he should have slipped in O Riley - I was going mental at the game ) we go 3 up and game is absolutely dead and buried.

I thought Sterling and Lundstram worked exceptionally hard for yee. Sterling, although very limited technically, is hugely athletic and appears to be a guy that will stand up and be counted. A really good character. He isn't even playing currently in his natural position.

Title race well and truly on. I feel we had to win Saturday to give us a huge boost and halt your momentum. Still think we are slight favourites for title especially if we do good business in Jan. CCV is best defender in Scotland by a mile, keeping him injury free and fit 2nd half of season will go a long way to seeing us win league. Butland - good signing for yee, Hart is error prone. Huge worry for us, going forward.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Big games today for both Celtic and Rangers, trickier game for Celtic but Killie in decent form so maybe they can get something at Ibrox. Unlikely, but you never know. St Mirren away for Celtic, small, compact pitch, it will be difficult! Need an early goal to settle the nerves.

Reiver

Went to Livingston to watch Hearts this past week. Credit to Livi, they were good in the first half. Shankland is in the form of his life though. I think he'd do a job at either of the Old Firm but Rangers seem more likely.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Went to Livingston to watch Hearts this past week. Credit to Livi, they were good in the first half. Shankland is in the form of his life though. I think he'd do a job at either of the Old Firm but Rangers seem more likely.
I'd be surprised if Rangers have the money for Shankland. He will cost 4 to 5 million. Highly unlikely they will have that money.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
That ship might have sailed when we sunk our kitty into Dessers and Lammers in the summer. And considering Shankland's age I think the issue is the lack of re-sale money. He's arguably worth more to Hearts than anyone else.

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
That ship might have sailed when we sunk our kitty into Dessers and Lammers in the summer. And considering Shankland's age I think the issue is the lack of re-sale money. He's arguably worth more to Hearts than anyone else.
If he fired either yourselves or us to the title, he'd have paid back his transfer 6 or 7 times over. 30 to 35 million for CL group stages next season. If Celtic or yous think he can get enough goals to win the title, then re sale value is irrelevant.

Its all about the title this season with CL money being huge.

Summer signings can focus on potential re sale value but in the here and now, it's all about signing players that will really help secure the title.

That said, yee don't appear to have the money, and we don't appear interested.

padzilla

Hipster
Surely if anyone can rustle up money out of nowhere it's Rangers?

Irish Bhoy

Supports
Celtic
Surely if anyone can rustle up money out of nowhere it's Rangers?
They are being watched by UEFA over financial fair play. Almost every year ( possibly every year bar maybe 1 ) since 2012, they have made losses. Some years, absolutely huge losses

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Up in Scotland and attended Morton v Motherwell. What a proper old ground and atmosphere.

What a brilliant night too.

BristolMick

Some turnaround tonight by Warnock at Aberdeen. Obviously not great going 3 down in your first game at home but to change things round in the first half and bring it to 3-3 with one of your subs scoring twice shows tactical astuteness.

I'm a big Warnock fan, huge legend of the game and a great character too. Looking forward to keeping an eye on his endeavours with the dons.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
I see that Celtic have continued with their incredible record of having never lost a game fairly since 1888.

What an absolutely despicable little football club they are. The similarities to Liverpool in terms of playing victim are unparalleled.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
The worst decision on Sunday was the penalty that Celtic got. The other two big ones were debatable but consistent with how decisions have been taken in Scotland this year. Rodgers even agreed that this incident should be a red card when his own team benefited from it a few weeks ago against St Mirren.

Brendan said:
The guy's not meaning to do it, but of course if you're taking a stud in the eye, it's dangerous play. It was clearly a red card.
Now it's a conspiracy when the same law is applied against his own team. :rolleyes:

I'm not a fan of those types of handballs either, but we've seen loads given like that this season.

Brendan's playing to the gallery because he's under pressure and there's an Old Firm game coming up.

Swedish_Plumber

it was a stonewall red really. One of those that when it happens live you say to yourself he’s a goner. Didn’t see the Celtic penalty before that but the hearts penalty was incredibly harsh.

Either way hearts were by far the better side. Typical big team arrogance to blame decisions on a defeat.

Pintu

Rangers getting completely battered at the Ibrox in the Old Firm. This could be title deciding in Celtic’s favour…

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Fabio Silva is such a diving prick, just rolls about trying to get people went off.

Looks like he's been taken out by a sniper about 5 times in the first half. Massive bellend.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
I see that Celtic have continued with their incredible record of having never lost a game fairly since 1888.

What an absolutely despicable little football club they are. The similarities to Liverpool in terms of playing victim are unparalleled.
An avid Celtic fan I presume?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
3 things guaranteed in life:

Death, taxes and Rangers getting a penalty

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If that pen got given then this should be ruled out for that foul…

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Some of the worst handling of VAR by a match official I have ever seen. How do you even justify that? Too scared to make the decision.

Or not? Did it get disallowed, commentators seems to think it stands