Scottish Football Thread

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Basically 7 years ago Switzerland had a good year, but as that no longer counts their status plummeted as a result, so they fell to 16th place from 12th (from memory), and Scotland rose from 16th to 15th as a result, gaining another CL spot.

rcoobc

An upcoming meeting of the 10 non-Old Firm Scottish Premier League clubs will not discuss a return to the sharing of gate money.
While a more even distribution of income is on the agenda, the sharing of gate receipts has never been discussed, according to one chairman.
"That is not what we want," he told BBC Scotland.
"We want money to be distributed better and money going into the division below for the benefit of all."
Around £1m is the figure the clubs have in mind to pay to the 10 clubs in an SPL2, should such a second tier be established.
Asked why Celtic and Rangers had not been invited to the meeting, the chairman said: "It's not all about Celtic and it's not all about Rangers.
"They have wanted out of the league for the last five years.
"Its not all about them. We need to look after all of us. I want change for the rest of Scottish football to benefit."
The same source also admitted that he thought that the top league could survive without Rangers, who are currently in administration.
Referring to the SPL's current television deal and the possibility of only one half of the Old Firm on offer, he said: "I think everyone knows that they [Rangers] will exist."
But he added: "All deals are negotiable. I think we can survive with one of them on a lesser TV deal."
Another SPL source pondered the likelihood of a top flight without Rangers next season.
"It's difficult to imagine it," he replied. "But if they were applying as a 'newco' we would need to see a very robust business plan for the future and we would need certain assurances.
"There would also probably have to be penalties for a few seasons."
BBC Sport - SPL 10 not pursuing shared gate money

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Brilliant win for Celtic today. I know they were expected to win, but a 4-0 win against one of the leagues in form sides is very, very impressive.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Pity that carthorse Neilson got himself sent off in the first half with United well on top.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
United beat Rangers 2-1, great win for them and it means if Motherwell can beat Aberdeen they'll go level on points with Rangers. Not looking good.

EDIT : So, Motherwell managed to hang on and win which means they are 3rd only by goal difference.

Celtic play Rangers and Motherwell play Kilmarnock next weekend so they could leapfrog Rangers into 2nd, and then the week after that they play each other, should make for an exciting end.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
There's definitely a race on for second place now. Rangers look poorer and poorer as the weeks go by. If they survive as a club, I think they'll sneak 2nd, but there's a proper race for that position now.

rcoobc

So Celtic could be champions before the split.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
What do you guys think of Ojamaa and Mackay-Steven?

Two of the best talents outside the old firm imo, (excluding Russell who seems fairly established already, even at that young age)

Ojamaa for me looks really exciting and the key to that Motherwell side, he seems to be involved in nearly every attack they get and is involved in some way to most of their goals/victories, if he continues to progress i think he could do well for a mid table premier league side.

Mackay-Steven, good old fashioned winger and trickster, has the Mcgeady vibe around him and he seems to get better and better every week, great find by United. Heres one of his tricks ;

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Haven't seen a lot of Ojaama, but Mackay-Steven's coming on to a real game this season. After the spate of injuries he suffered at Liverpool, the main thing for him is to get games under his belt which he's managed to do at Airdrie and Dundee Utd. Looks like the best winger in the SPL on this season's form.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Any reason why there's empty seats in the Hibs end for the Hearts derby?

Sad to see...

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Anyone watch Sunday Supplement this morning? Had an interesting discussion on how Celtic and eventually Rangers leaving would actually help the SPL in the long run.

rcoobc

Anyone watch Sunday Supplement this morning? Had an interesting discussion on how Celtic and eventually Rangers leaving would actually help the SPL in the long run.
I missed it, the first time in ages.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
Haven't seen a lot of Ojaama, but Mackay-Steven's coming on to a real game this season. After the spate of injuries he suffered at Liverpool, the main thing for him is to get games under his belt which he's managed to do at Airdrie and Dundee Utd. Looks like the best winger in the SPL on this season's form.
between him and Forrest i'd say.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not over yet, 4 mins of injury time :nervous:
True, but if you end up winning he has been a key, you've had a couple of good chances though, Shiels is a decent player!

EDIT ; i think i've spoke too soon :nervous::lol: or not, great win for Killie.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Bwahahahaha.

Brilliant, really poor dive from Stokes at the end. Well done Killie.

Easiest treble celtic will never win :lol:

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Heard on the radio Scott Brown threw his medal away and went to the dressing room before Killie lifted the cup.

Extremely poor and a total lack of class from Brown

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
Lennons interview was a disgrace. Deluded twat. It's a contact sport, contact does not automatically mean foul. if a fly hits you on the foot are you going to go down because of contact? feck off
You expect it though.

He's a horrible man, a chav, theres really no other way to describe him. Hes vile, sometimes the very sight of the man turns my stomach :lol:

was worth tuning in there to hear how bitter he was though

Delighted for Killie, really sorry to hear about Kellys father, hope hes alright

MaroonPondlife

THat was a DIVE! feck your treble! Fantastic for Kilmarnock! Nobody gave us a hope! not even me. Gutted i couldnt be there today, i was there in 1997 the last time we won a cup and i was at the Semi. Ach well the result is brilliant.
Well Done Killie. Elation tinged with a touch of regret no doubt. Hopefully Kelly snr. pulls through.