Sean Dyche

Tom Van Persie

No relation
He's doing an incredible job at Burnley. I would like to see him get a crack at a bigger club.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Meh. Nothing we haven’t seen before from the likes of Allardyce, Rodgers or even Phil Brown. In fact you’d probably find it tricky to name more than a handful of PL seasons where at least one unfancied team doesn’t mix it with the big boys. Of course, finishing the season in their current league position really would be impressive. Don’t see it happening, though.

manutddjw

Oh hell no.

Let's not make the same mistake again. Let him go to a bigger club and do something special like Pochettino did getting Spurs into top 4 a couple seasons in a row and then we'll talk about United manager.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
How is he/Burnley doing it?

Very impressive set of results.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
16 goals in 17 games - with 3 of them coming against Chelsea. Crazy stat. Can't see any of Liverpool, Arsenal or Spurs dropping points in their next game so their stay in the top 4 will be short lived but it is a very good achievement.

Like Pogue said, it has been done before and the impressive thing will be if they still manage to be in the top 6/7 come the end of the season.

IAmAWinner

Feck it, give him a big budget and he'd be good enough for the utd job. What can Mourinho do that he can't?
David Moyes came 4th in 04/05 after selling Rooney and being tipped for relegation. We shall not make the same mistake again hiring a man unqualified for the job.

starman

I can see where the Moyes and Allardyce comparison comes from but he doesnt have any of the arrogance of either and has works with players of lesser quality. His Burnley squad is one of the least inspiring top flight teams yet he makes it work

luke511

You'll have to base your education off more than a few unilad headlines and watch a full game of them playing together to understand mate.
I'd like to know what these are.
Dyche to Burnley is what Sir Alex was to utd. He more or less runs the club from top to bottom at the moment, every little thing goes through him, that's his philosophy and it works. He's an excellent man manager, he knows the importance of a strong team mentality and it seems like he knows what to say at the right time to get the best out of what he has available. He comes across as a very strict character but approachable and friendly at the same time. I could go on..

spwd

He's doing an incredible job at Burnley. I would like to see him get a crack at a bigger club.
Which club suits his style and are possibly willing to take the risk, although no bigger risk than moysia and several other “top” managers?

RooneyLegend

You'll have to base your education off more than a few unilad headlines and watch a full game of them playing together to understand mate.

Dyche to Burnley is what Sir Alex was to utd. He more or less runs the club from top to bottom at the moment, every little thing goes through him, that's his philosophy and it works. He's an excellent man manager, he knows the importance of a strong team mentality and it seems like he knows what to say at the right time to get the best out of what he has available. He comes across as a very strict character but approachable and friendly at the same time. I could go on..
Trust you me, I watch enough of Burnley to know that there's nothing easy on the eye about their tactics. Its basic, archaic English football that no team with ambition in world football plays. Please explain to me what's interesting about lumping balls to the big men up top and feeding off knockdown's, getting men behind the ball, what's so easy on the eye about that and why in hell would Spurs want to watch that on a week to week basis? They barely score goals, barely create chances, the ball spends more time in the air than on the ground.

Oh, like any old school manager? That's the tip of the Sir Alex iceberg.

Last edited:

NoPace

Which club suits his style and are possibly willing to take the risk, although no bigger risk than moysia and several other “top” managers?
I think Newcastle and England make the most sense.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I'd be amazed if him or Howe don't take over the England job after next summer.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Trust you me, I watch enough of Man United to know that there's nothing easy on the eye about their tactics. Its basic, archaic English football that no team with ambition in world football plays. Please explain to me what's interesting about lumping balls to the big men up top and feeding off knockdown's, getting men begin the ball, what's so was on the eye about that and why in hell would Spurs want to watch that on a week to week basis? They barely score goals, barely create chances, the ball spends more time on the air than the ground.
Fixed. Hehe

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
His voice box needs WD40 in my opinion.

haram

All he has proven is he can play football this Burnley way. What happens when he actually has to adapt to different types of systems and players? He has done a good job at Burnley but that's it.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
I will be the 1000th person who says that I cannot imagine them doing this for an entire season. What they are doing does not seem sustainable.

Champagne Football

It's common where a small club punch way above their weight in the PL for a while. Paul Jewel with Wigan, Phil Brown with Hull, Ranieri with Leicester. More often than not a season or two later they're back at the wrong end of the table with fans calling for their head. Dyche has been brilliant though. Hopefully he can build on his impressive run

Classical Mechanic

It's common where a small club punch way above their weight in the PL for a while. Paul Jewel with Wigan, Phil Brown with Hull, Ranieri with Leicester. More often than not a season or two later they're back at the wrong end of the table with fans calling for their head. Dyche has been brilliant though. Hopefully he can build on his impressive run
Paul Jewel recently resurfaced as assistant manager of Oldham in League 1!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
TalkSport have constantly been replaying his motivational/realistic quotes for the past couple of days.

So much pressure on him now. Why can't people just wait until the end of the season? No doubt, it's a magnificent achievement and I only say the above not in the context of saying it's undeserved praise but that people have set them up now to fail with all this hype around them.

If they do a Leicster and finish in top 4, then good on them. Manager of the Year easily.

But it's only December.
I'm sure at one stage, Hull was in a not too dissimilar position and they turned to shit.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I would like to see Everton take a chance with Dyche. I suspect big Sam is only there until the end of the season and then Everton are going to look for a long term manager. Possibly Dyche or Silva.

Roeindo

He's becoming master of cattenacio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
I think the difference with Dyche could be the fact that not only has he got the right players in to play his way but has overseen the complete transformation off the park, introducing a brand new training facility. It will all come down to money if he can continue the way he is atm, as it always is. No reason with the current cash on offer to PL clubs he can't make Burnley into a solid mid table PL for the foreseeable. With those riches on offer, i don't even think the low capacity of Turf Moor will hurt them that much.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Not to discredit his work as he's done a fantastic job, but you can understand the reservations top clubs have about hiring managers like him.

We've seen the likes of Roy Hodgson do brilliant jobs at small clubs for like Fulham, West Brom, even now it seems again with Palace playing a certain way, yet he failed to adapt his tactics to more technical, expressive groups of players at Liverpool and with England. Same arguably with Moyes, did a great job at Everton for years and then failed miserably at United as he didn't seem to know what to do with the players he had at his disposal.

Burnley are fantastic playing the way Dyche has got them to play, well-drilled, organised, defend narrow in a low-block with a huge emphasis on defensive positioning and shape and then direct when they have the ball.

But that's not going to fly at top clubs. So when somebody mentions he deserves the Spurs job if Pochettino leaves, if Burnley end up breaking the top 8 or something yes he very well may deserve a shot, but would he actually be suited to the job? The way Spurs and Burnley play are opposite ends of the spectrum and would require a great shift in his tactics from his Watford and Burnley tenures.

Pochettino himself got a shot at a top club and succeeded because he was able to bring pretty much the same system he used at Southampton with him, same with Brendan Rodgers going from Swansea to Liverpool.