Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Solid pass.

The type of signing we should be making, but not for that price.

el3mel

He's not worth it. At least for some AWB you can argue if he's worth it or not.

Move on to other target.

Kostov

Newcastle must be thinking “these clowns spent 50m for some nobody from the Ukrainian league, Sean is worth at least the same”.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
They will always start with a really high price. Depends if Woody can negotiate it down.

Bojan11

Move on. There’s tons of better players available for £50m than Longstaff.

Tarrou

I doubt we'll pay £50m so I think this depends on how much Longstaff wants the move

I'd guess he isn't that arsed as he's a local lad and only just got in the team, staying for another year might be the best thing for his development

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
We wait until Brucey relegates them then pick up Longstaff for 15m next summer.

hobbers

£25m up front and £15m in long term bonuses on appearances/achievements, maybe. Nothing more than £25m up front.

Just not worth focusing on young British players like Longstaff with the *extra fee* just for being English, and them being at clubs who can afford to hold us to ransom.

Terrible idea for a club that already gets quoted inflated fees just by virtue of being who we are. For a penny pinching side this new policy is just Really. Fecking. Dumb.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
£25m up front and £15m in long term bonuses on appearances/achievements, maybe. Nothing more than £25m up front.

Just not worth focusing on young British players like Longstaff with the *extra fee* just for being English, and them being at clubs who can afford to hold us to ransom.

Terrible idea for a club that already gets quoted inflated fees just by virtue of being who we are. For a penny pinching side this new policy is just Really. Fecking. Dumb.
You’re being hysterical tbh. Since when have Manchester fecking United been a ‘penny pinching side?’.

Regardless of nationality, buying from British clubs is expensive. Year after year it still seems to surprise some that clubs do not actively want to sell their best players. It is a very fecking simple concept. We were quoted £70m for a Frenchman from West Ham too. Not about nationality. Newcastle want to keep their player, as we should bloody well hope they would want to if it’s a player we think is good enough for us.

bucky

Newcastle must be thinking “these clowns spent 50m for some nobody from the Ukrainian league, Sean is worth at least the same”.
That nobody was playing for the Brazilian NT. Even if he hasn't played well for us and consequently hasn't been called up again, at the time he was favoured over likes of Fabinho and Allan.

macheda14

They will always start with a really high price. Depends if Woody can negotiate it down.
The issue is they’ve obviously briefed the press that they’ll ‘only accept 50 mill’ so if they then turn around and accept quite a bit lower they’ll look like mugs

luke511

35 mil max for this guy, I fully believe he'd be a quality player for us but anything more is too big a risk.

Davie Moyes

A briefing seems to have gone out to the press. Newcastle saying he's not for sale and the 50m being quoted I'm sure was mentioned a few days ago.

Spielmacher

The issue is they’ve obviously briefed the press that they’ll ‘only accept 50 mill’ so if they then turn around and accept quite a bit lower they’ll look like mugs
Good point.
Mike Ashley wouldn't do anything that would people take him for a mug.

Mainoldo

Jose's fault is it... :houllier:
Pep said no. Jose said Yes. So yes like most clubs he goes to and f's up their budget and squad it's his fault.

I'm blaming him for Matic and Lukaku too. Shall i continue?

luke511

Unless it's Woodward/Utd that's briefed them, to get a reaction from the public saying how ridiculous the price is.

NoPace

I don't think this is surprising or dumb. Why should they sell a talented midfielder for 25-30M when he's on tiny wages and they need to stay up and he'll still have 2 years left on his deal next summer? If they think they can get at least 25M for him next summer, they shouldn't sell him for less than 35 or so this summer you would think, since a replacement midfielder of similar quality is going to be on bigger wages anyways.

Wheato

Yep, time to walk away from this bad deal. For 50 million you can buy an established international. Longstaff has played 9 senior games. Christ, Ruben Neves is currently valued at 40 million. I would actually feel dirty giving Mike Ashley 25 million.

Last edited:

Walters_19_MuFc

Fred not only played very well in the Ukrainian league, but did it on the CL stage, too.

Longstaff has done nothing in comparison.

luke511

I don't think this is surprising or dumb. Why should they sell a talented midfielder for 25-30M when he's on tiny wages and they need to stay up and he'll still have 2 years left on his deal next summer? If they think they can get at least 25M for him next summer, they shouldn't sell him for less than 35 or so this summer you would think, since a replacement midfielder of similar quality is going to be on bigger wages anyways.
Ashley will want to sell Longstaff deep down and they've just sold their best player for £30 mil. £35 mil would be a massive offer and I don't think they'd turn it down, they're just starting at way over the minimum price they'd sell at, similar to Zaha and Palace.

luke511

Yep, time to walk away from a this bad deal. For 50 million you can buy an established international. Longstaff has played 9 senior games. Christ, Ruben Neves is currently valued at 40 million. I would actually feel dirty giving Mike Ashley 25 million.
He'd probably cost double that.

Andersons Dietician

Yep, time to walk away from a this bad deal. For 50 million you can buy an established international. Longstaff has played 9 senior games. Christ, Ruben Neves is currently valued at 40 million. I would actually feel dirty giving Mike Ashley 25 million.
Wait where has it been said Neves is valued at 40 mil?

As for Longstaff and Newcastle valuation they are having a laugh. 50 mil... you could I’m sure get Sangarè for less than that. Most tackles in Ligue 1 and a good footballer to boot. No brainier.

buchansleftleg

Ashley has all the morals and style of a sewer rat.

He's a nightmare to deal with but not exactly sophisticated. He's also needing cashflow as the "sale" of the club has stalled and his businesses are dependent on renegotiating leases for premises that are often in permanent decline.

Lowball offer and he will eventually give in for cash.

wolvored

Offer 25 million Ashley will dither a bit then think of the £££ and deal at 30. TBH even this is ridiculously high for a player hardly anyone heard of till we were in for him

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Similar to how Palace wanted 70m or whatever for wan Bissaka then sold at 50m. Just posturing IMO, dont think theres a chance he goes for over 30m and I think theyll let him go for under 30m.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It was on SSN a week ago that they wanted AWB type money so we shouldn’t be that stunned. I’m slightly stunned we’ve waited until now to make our approach after briefing all summer we could have him for 25m whenever we felt like it. They’ve sold Pérez now, they’re under no pressure to sell.

3KDré

I think we will see this done at 30-40m which I wouldn't see an issue with.

Crashoutcassius

I doubt we'll pay £50m so I think this depends on how much Longstaff wants the move

I'd guess he isn't that arsed as he's a local lad and only just got in the team, staying for another year might be the best thing for his development
Is he likely to get the chance again ?

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Newcastle don't have to sell, he's on a long-term contract and they have high hopes for him. Fair play.

If he wants to come to us, hand in a transfer request.

If that doesn't happen, no-one really knows how he is going to turn out, and his 'beauty' as a signing was as a value one.

SambaBoy

I don't think any of this post is accurate.
Well he definitely wasn't considered one of the brightest prospects of the Newcastle Academy. He's 21 and only made a handful of PL appearances. If you think it's wise to spend £50m on him at this current time, coming of the back of a serious injury, then I'm not sure what to say.

Also I'm not saying Longstaff isn't a good player or wouldn't be a good signing just at this present time to spend £50m on him would be a huge risk and we should focus on different options.

Status
Not open for further replies.