Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Nana? :lol:

I was clearly referring to Fred’s valuation. I don’t get why you’ve put Longstaff into the equation. If that’s what Newcastle think he’s worth kudos to them. For a guy with 9 appearances there having a laugh. Do you want me to confirm though that I don’t believe Jose Mourinho is responsible for Newcastle rating Longstaff at £50m, just so it registers?
It's a thread about Longstaff and you wonder why people assume conversations are about Longstaff? Hmmm. And I hate to break it to you, but Jose, nor any other manager in the last 30 years for that matter, have had anything to do with negotiating a fee for an incoming player.

Anyway, this is pointless. I look forward to your other Jose related theories. Perhaps he's responsible for global warming too? Feel free to respond further but. I'm not going to bother. Have a good day.

Mainoldo

It's a thread about Longstaff and you wonder why people assume conversations are about Longstaff? Hmmm. And I hate to break it to you, but Jose, nor any other manager in the last 30 years for that matter, have had anything to do with negotiating a fee for an incoming player.

Anyway, this is pointless. I look forward to your other Jose related theories. Perhaps he's responsible for global warming too? Feel free to respond further but. I'm not going to bother. Have a good day.
So threads never go off topic?

Managers don’t have a say on whether a club signs or doesn’t sign a player?

What are you on about? Enjoy your day and probably go get a coffee when you get a chance.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
What's the crappest movie you've ever watched more than once? Mine is Dirty Dancing.

Now, imagine watching it again and again and again... That's what it's like reading the transfer forum every morning.

Longstaff, Maguire, De Ligt. Again. And again. Nothing new.

The time of my life.

ivaldo

So threads never go off topic?

Managers don’t have a say on whether a club signs or doesn’t sign a player?

What are you on about? Enjoy your day and probably go get a coffee when you get a chance.
Ok, I'll bite.

The comment you specifically replied to was about the valuation of Longstaff being based off what we paid for Fred. So what you're trying to tell me is your post had absolutely nothing to do with the post you responded to. Sure.

Did I say that? I said they have no part in negotiations. It's right there in the post you responded to. Take a moment to calm down maybe reread the thread. Its OK to be wrong sometimes. And remember, when something goes wrong in your day it isn't always Jose's fault.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yep, time to walk away from this bad deal. For 50 million you can buy an established international. Longstaff has played 9 senior games. Christ, Ruben Neves is currently valued at 40 million. I would actually feel dirty giving Mike Ashley 25 million.
There's no way Ruben goes for 40m and neither can you get a top class international midfielder for 50m either. Look at what City payed for Rodri and he's only just had his breakout season.

Not saying Longstaff is worth 50m, his fee should be atleast half that.

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting
Ok, I'll bite.

The comment you specifically replied to was about the valuation of Longstaff being based off what we paid for Fred. Now, if you want to get so hamstrung about being lost in the thread of conversation, you might want to explain how your response to a post specifically correlating to those two things, has nothing to do with the correlation between those two things. That's how these things work.

Did I say that? I said they have no part in negotiations. It's right there in the post you responded to. Take a moment to calm down maybe reread the thread. Its OK to be wrong sometimes. And remember, when something goes wrong in your day it isn't always Jose's fault.
:lol:

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
His contract runs to 2020 and he is open to the move according to the article. The price tag is Newcastle's prerogative, see how he does this season and move for him again next year. Very unlikely he would transform the midfield this season anyway.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
His contract runs to 2020 and he is open to the move according to the article. The price tag is Newcastle's prerogative, see how he does this season and move for him again next year. Very unlikely he would transform the midfield this season anyway.
If he does well we will end up paying more than 50m and will have more competition for his signature. So can understand why the club are trying now.

SteveW

If we dont sign him we will end up with Pereira/Fred playing 30+ games. Which would be suicidal. Cant afford to wait

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
If he does well we will end up paying more than 50m and will have more competition for his signature. So can understand why the club are trying now.
If his contract runs until 2020 then we will be paying less. Especially if he doesn't sign a new deal, which at this stage. He would be stupid to do.

SteveW

If his contract runs until 2020 then we will be paying less. Especially if he doesn't sign a new deal, which at this stage. He would be stupid to do.
Ashley wont let it come to that. Well get him for 40m which is actually pretty fair in this market if hes any good.

Mainoldo

Ok, I'll bite.

The comment you specifically replied to was about the valuation of Longstaff being based off what we paid for Fred. So what you're trying to tell me is your post had absolutely nothing to do with the post you responded to. Sure.

The guy mentioned Fred’s valuation if he never mentioned Fred I wouldn’t have responded would I.

Who mentioned managers negotiating transfers? Not me!

Your filling in the gaps. Thank you for that, I’ve spent the last year blaming Jose for everything you’ve finally provided me closure.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's either a typing mistake or Times got it wrong. He signed 4 year contract last season and has contract till 2022.

ivaldo

The guy mentioned Fred’s valuation if he never mentioned Fred I wouldn’t have responded would I.

Who mentioned managers negotiating transfers? Not me!

Your filling in the gaps. Thank you for that, I’ve spent the last year blaming Jose for everything you’ve finally provided me closure.
He mentioned Freds valuation to specifically relate that to the reason why we are being charged so much for Longstaff, to why you replied "The Joys of Jose Mourinho. So what you're trying to tell me is your response had nothing to do with the post you were responding to and I should have been aware of that. Sounds perfectly legit.

You're blaming Jose for the transfer fee. Again, unless your reply had nothing to do with the post you chose to respond to. Or perhaps, you can elaborate the part of the post you were responding to as opposed to just being ultra defensive about the whole thing.

I can actually beleive that.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
So Tielemanns is sold for 40M and they want 50M for Longstaff ?!!

Mainoldo

He mentioned Freds valuation to specifically relate that to the reason why we are being charged so much for Longstaff, to why you replied "The Joys of Jose Mourinho. So what you're trying to tell me is your response had nothing to do with the post you were responding to and I should have been aware of that. Sounds perfectly legit.

You're blaming Jose for the transfer fee. Again, unless your reply had nothing to do with the post you chose to respond to. Or perhaps, you can elaborate the part of the post you were responding to as opposed to just being ultra defensive about the whole thing.

I can actually beleive that.
He blamed The Fred’s transfer as a yard stick for Longstaff’s fee. Whether that’s true or not only Newcastle know. I blamed Fred’s transfer on Jose Mourinho as he sanctioned the deal to which City refused the pay that much.

It’s really not that hard to grasp. Your just being a tit about it, but hey some people liked Moanrinho.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The £50 million valuation of Newcastle on Longstaff is simply pure greed. It's not anywhere near a realistic valuation of the player. If we have to increase our bid by 100%, or even 50%, I don't think this one is going to happen. Too bad.

ivaldo

He blamed The Fred’s transfer as a yard stick for Longstaff’s fee. Whether that’s true or not only Newcastle know. I blamed Fred’s transfer on Jose Mourinho as he sanctioned the deal to which City refused the pay that much.

It’s really not that hard to grasp. Your just being a tit about it, but hey some people liked Moanrinho.
So you're confirming your response to the poster had nothing to do with what he said. Thanks. That's not how it works, but OK. Woodward decides what we pay for players, not the manager, no matter how much you warp it.

Feel free to check my previous posts, I supported him on some things but ultimately wanted him gone. He seems to still be ruining your life

Suvvernmanc

I think Newcastle are certain to go down come the end of the season. The fans will be on there backs straight away once Brucey starts playing horrible football. Mike Ashley will be getting abuse from the off as he always does so the atmosphere will be toxic.

Longstaff for £50m is a joke and with interest from us, he will absolutely be wanting the move and hopefully a sensible fee can be agreed as he won't want to be around that place this season

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Woodward would sell Greenwood for £35m would Woodward.
We don’t even need imaginary Greenwood scenarios.

Bayern Munich has made several bids over £30m for Callum Hudson-Odoi before he’d started a PL game. And they were all rejected by Chelsea. Despite him only having a year left on his deal too. They apparently wanted £80m or so.

Perhaps Bayern should have made a complaint to FIFA that they were being quoted an ‘unfair’ price or something and that Chelsea are just making it difficult for them to sign their player whom they want to keep! Hudson Odoi clearly wanted to leave too.

Ban

So you're confirming your response to the poster had nothing to do with what he said. Thanks. That's not how it works, but OK. Woodward decides what we pay for players, not the manager, no matter how much you warp it.

Feel free to check my previous posts, I supported him on some things but ultimately wanted him gone. He seems to still be ruining your life
You have to understand him. Jose is gone but he still has to moan about something. He can always blame him for something even after 5, 10 years after he's gone.

SapperBRed75

I think you are spot on with the part inbold. He may want to come to further his chances of winning the big trophies, although on the other hand he may become at his home club due to the possibility or becoming a legend at his home club depending on how he developes, although this seems to be a rare thing these days when a big club comes in for you.
I think it could be better for his career going to a big club with better players as he should be able to learn a few things and help him develop into a better player than if he stayed there and like you said he can always go back there in a later stage in his career, an example I would use here is Alan Shearer not that I am saying he is going to be on Alan Shearer's level talent wise.
Shearer was a generational talent in my opinion, but Newcastle United needed to be in the right place to afford him and present him the opportunities a player of that level needs. Gazza and Carrick, two very promising young Geordie midfielders of their time, left the club/area and never came back professionally.

Last edited:

Eric's Seagull

Shearer was a generational talent in my opinion, but Newcastle United needed to be in the right place to afford him and present him the opportunities a player or that level needs. Gazza and Carrick, two very promising young Geordie midfielders of their time, left the club/area and never came back professionally.
I agree on Shearer being a generational talent but he is the only I can remember of the top of my head going back and going well. Longstaff may move on to a bigger club and do really well at that club and feel that he has no need to go back to Newcastle, like the 2 players you mentioned.

ArjenIsM3

The £50 million valuation of Newcastle on Longstaff is simply pure greed. It's not anywhere near a realistic valuation of the player. If we have to increase our bid by 100%, or even 50%, I don't think this one is going to happen. Too bad.
Is it? It's them telling us they don't want to sell him IMHO. Doesn't really matter though, as we're unlikely to pay 50m for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.