Semi Final 1: Portugal vs Wales

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Wales missed Ramsey badly. I thought Joe Allen had a great game, he just didn't have anybody to help him provide some creativity in the final third.
That being said, great game from Portugal. Ronaldo header was something else. He is probably the best header of the ball in the world right now
Watching a different game to me then - been decent in tournament but shit tonight.... Poor touch, slow (got robbed few times), stupid fouls, yellow and would have been red if later tackle wasn't in 90th minute.

I'm trying to be positive about our overall tournament and sure I will in a day or so but not now. We're not good enough to play a defensive game against a decent team.... played "front foot" v Slovakia, Russia and Belgium (won), played cautiously v England, N Ireland and Portugal (scraped one win, lost others).

When Coleman said pre-game "as long as we come off with no regrets", I was right there with him..... but if they don't have regrets about tonight (performance and tactics) they bloody should do. Fair play to Portugal, took chances, held shape but nothing great and there for the taking.

Cymru am byth. :) Roll on the league season... :devil:

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
That feeling when Wales play in European Championship semi-final, but you had already retired and you can finally spend some time with your brother's family.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Stop replying to me Red Dreams I'm almost out of messages! :lol:

Good discussing this with you although I've yet to discover your international identity you sneaky bugger. ;)
England...England...England.... :)

But I like to see the home countries and Ireland do well.

You see..I do remember a Manchester United team that was made up of players from only those countries.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Really disappointed with Wales tonight, thought they let Great Britain down.

Pinning my hopes on Andy Murray to save the nation's summer.

Wooly Red

Supports
Liverpool
That feeling when Wales play in European Championship semi-final, but you had already retired and you can finally spend some time with your brother's family.

:lol::lol::lol: My sides.

Sorry to Wales, I was rooting for you all! Unfortunately Ronaldo decided to have one heck of a game.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Damn, if they had him in their team I'd have wanted them to win more? I find his club loyalty similar to our stalwarts, and find him more likeable than Totti who comes across as a Gerrard type in his ego!

Likewise with the french I suppose, Paddy is the only reason I'm now rooting for them at heart with all the other players at the tournament I find quite unlikable.
I've always had a soft spot for Nani, thought he's had over the top stick sometimes.
I'd like Portugal to win it, even if it does mean we'd have to put up with Ronnie shouting "Tooooooob" or what ever it is he likes saying.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Portugal have been underwhelming to say the least (just like many teams in this tournament) but they're in the final so however you wanna criticize them, they still have to be congratulated on this fact. Watching them has been a snoozefest tbh, they're a boring team.

Devil81

Wales had no options from the bench, Vokes, Williams and Church aren't going to spell fear to any defence at this championship. Bale basically had to go it alone for the whole match, he didn't have his fellow top class player in Ramsey to help him out.

montpelier

Thought Wales were poor & unambitious. Missed Ramsey a lot.

The Welsh Xavi/Pirlo likes it sideways & backwards, innit?

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Thought Wales were poor & unambitious. Missed Ramsey a lot.

The Welsh Xavi/Pirlo likes it sideways & backwards, innit?
I think he found it hard as he only had Ledley and King to link up with in midfield, and while both are hard workers, they lack any great technical ability or guile to maneuver in tight spaces, so Allen didn't really have many options, he's also pretty terrible physically so without someone to link up he can be pretty effectively smothered. He had a really good tournament though, definitely one of Wales best performers overall.

I definitely agree that Wales were unambitious, I think Williams should have started ahead of King as the replacement for Ramsey, as often times in the first half when Wales had the better of it, they were still only ever really committing Bale and Kanu, whereas in earlier games Williams showed he's more competent in the final third compared to the other CM's. Having said that, he was dreadful when he came on but as it was 2-0 he probably felt he had to force the issue.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Just incase you are living in a part of Wales without electricity or running water yet and are not aware, the players land at Cardiff airport tomorrow 2:30pm and are then going to start an open bus parade from the castle at 4:30pm to the city stadium before an celebration kinda event there.
One last hoorah!

Definitely going to see the bus parade, may even go over to the airport first.