g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Semi Finals: Argentina vs Croatia | Eng... France vs Morocco

Sylar

What an incredibly clueless second half by Croatia. Surely they must have watched Netherlands? Big men, lump ball forward against small Argentina defenders. No more intricate passing. Pride goes before fall.
Yeah baffling given the scoreline as well

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Messi is the star for sure but it’s an injustice to not acknowledge that there is a lot of quality in the rest of the team too.
They will get the appreciation in their next tournament. They are all young players.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
Argentinas WC to lose now, must be odds on favourites after this display its really coming together for them at the right moment.
France are going to be so tough to beat. One of the sides that never seems to play their best but always win.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Messi is the star for sure but it’s an injustice to not acknowledge that there is a lot of quality in the rest of the team too.
Yeah for me they have been excellent since the 2nd game

I’ve seen their midfield get some criticism, but seems good to me a way

Manager has used the squad well too

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Messi is a right wanker. A constantly petulant, spiteful, holier than thou tit of a human being. And yet I want nothing more than him to win the World Cup purely because I know it'll drive Ronaldo insane.
Imagine hating so much the most notable, talented exponents or our era of the sport you supposedly 'love' :lol:

Elcabron

Except they're right and this clown Walton is talking shit.

He puts the foot down.

He stands his ground.

He doesn't attempt anything.

Alvarez takes the shot and clatters into him.
Apparently you must move out of the way and allow the other player through.

All academic now but it was a pivotal moment in the game. Croatian defending has been a complete joke for all three goals in fairness and at the other end they created nothing.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
I much rather an Argentina Morocco final then France. Just adds a bit more spice to the whole underdog narrative
No way, such an anticlimactic final.

Morocco have no chance against, i can see them giving Argentina a goal due to a blooper and game.over.

Argentina vs Final is more hype

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I can't believe how straight forward this was for Argentina...

France are gonna batter Morocco aren't they... :(

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Also, would be quite an interesting spectacle if both Ronaldo and Messi, arguably the best players in recent times end their careers without a world cup.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I'm desperate for us to get Enzo Fernandez, feels like he has the potential to be as good as Modric.
This kid needs a bit of experience to be a lot more mature and calm( probably his decision-making too). His ability is no doubt a top talent, and I hope he will reach that level.

Mr Smith

Made light work of this Argentina, I did enjoy Croatia beating Brazil on penalties because it funny to see Brazil lose after their dancing stuff, but Argentina-Brazil was the spectacle we all wanted to see.
Yeah I can't help but feel robbed of that game. Might sound harsh, but I'll die on the hill that Croatia didn't deserve to win that game and made the tournament less compelling by doing so.

PoTMS

Argentina have had a really easy route to the final. Compare that to Morocco's.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Can Croatia still make it to the final on goal difference. They're playing like they don't want to concede another.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Imagine hating so much the most notable, talented exponents or our era of the sport you supposedly 'love' :lol:
It's clearly a setup for the dig at Ronaldo. :lol:

Fecking fanboys.

DickDastardly

Apparently you must move out of the way and allow the other player through.

All academic now but it was a pivotal moment in the game. Croatian defending has been a complete joke for all three goals in fairness and at the other end they created nothing.
Or dissapear. When he clatters into you.

Yeah, Croatia has been poor, but the first pen changes the game on its head.

Elcabron

It’s such a simple thing and people just don’t seem to get it. Alvarez doesn’t attempt the chip if keeper doesn’t walk towards him attempting to block it.
But the keeper is allowed to walk out and try and get the ball. You can't give a pen for that. The keeper closed the angle and forced him to chip it which he made a balls of. That's good goalkeeping. Alvarez then ran into him which is not a foul.

Mr Smith

Scaloni should take him off now and bring Di Maria on.
Nah, Di Maria is still not fully fit. Its a gift that Argentina were able to get through this match so easily and haven't had to throw him on to chase the game. Might just allow him to be fit to start the final.

ExoduS

Yeah I can't help but feel robbed of that game. Might sound harsh, but I'll die on the hill that Croatia didn't deserve to win that game and made the tournament less compelling by doing so.
You don't win a game after 120 minutes without deserving it.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Licha in a World Cup final. Happy for the lad!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Very underwhelming end to this World Cup. I don’t think tomorrow will be particularly close, neither will be the final and 3rd place games are usually a nice spectacle but I cannot get myself excited for them.

AndySmith1990

Also, would be quite an interesting spectacle if both Ronaldo and Messi, arguably the best players in recent times end their careers without a world cup.
It's a team game, it wouldn't be that surprising. Despite what some like to claim, Maradona didn't single handedly win the world cup, he had a very good team around him. No player has ever single handedly won any tournament

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
I'd love it but to be honest I think their defence has been ruined by injury at this point. If they are missing Mazouri, Saiss and the other starting CB then France will be an every bigger task than it already is. They definitely could do it but they are looking to be even more hampered by injuries and all in the most important part of their team for playing France. I really hope they can defy the odds again though.
I worry that this is right. They do have an amazing team spirit though.
If they lost an early goal then I think its goodnight but 0/0 at half time and its game on