Semi-Finals: Italy vs Spain | England vs Denmark

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Italy will be full of confidence in final. The road to final lot tougher than this side of draw. My worry for england before semis was both midfield(Italy,Spain) were too good for england.

Spain Jesus they generated new midfield combo to dominate another one decade.They even overrun experienced Italy midfield with young ones.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Thanks :) yes, we played great(except Thiago). I always liked Italy so good for them and good for Morata.At the end he won't be hated
You grow very steadily in the tournament and the trajectory is rising again, so good job also for WC22. :) One commentator said Italy is just 1.5 or 2 years ahead in the project, but your ceiling is higher. I can not disagree.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'm feeling good about tomorrow which scares the hell out of me. Why am I so confident?!

Iron Stove

Gotta love Chiellini, what a character. Basically slapped Alba around in a joking manner. A part of me feels like they won the game there and then.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Olmo was very good. He should be moving to a bigger club very soon. Can’t believe he’s Spanish as his name sounds so Croatian
He's played in Croatia for 5 years funnily enough.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
You grow very steadily in the tournament and the trajectory is rising again, so good job also for WC22. :) One commentator said Italy is just 1.5 or 2 years ahead in the project, but your ceiling is higher. I can not disagree.
Yes, I feel that too. I don't know if for once Spain was too well physically but I noticed you were very tired.
Let's see if you have time to recover. Good luck. Luis Enrique's revenge is pending.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I'd be more confident of England in the final than tomorrow

Hopefully they don't look ahead to Italy
Southgate will make sure that doesn’t/hasn’t happened

Also the semi final defeat in 2018 will still be raw and they won’t want a repeat

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Think Italy is the tougher opponent for England. Spain are good in possession but they can't score for shit with a 1000 chances and this England team are well drilled in defense so it would have been difficult for them to win.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Just read that they cut ticket prices to get more people to see Italy vs Spain in the semi finals of the European Championships. How the feck is that possible?

Inter Yer Nan

All this talk about how England wouldn’t have done anything with either team. I guess to make you look not totally arrogant you’d better hope England loses tomorrow or Sunday. It’s not like England have conceded tons of goals or not breezed it so far. I’m sure a lot of the detractors didn’t give them a prayer against Germany. As I recall most on here felt they’d go out then.

frostbite

Sure, football is more and more about team cohesion, physical capabilities, tactical awareness, control…but you see some good stuff from time to time, Rashford does it, but every time it doesn’t go off he gets abused…
This has been true for as long as I remember, more than 40 years now!

My first traumatic experience as a kid was Italy-Brazil 3-2 back in 1982. Zico, Socrates, Eder, Falcao, Oscar!...

Since then I have come to appreciate team play and tight defenses. I enjoyed Greece winning Euro 2004! It is not easy to achieve a masterful tactical defensive cohesion.

England has a good chance to win it all this year exactly because they now defend better as a team. More often than not, it is the defence that wins the cups.

Pearl.Jam

As a Welshman who has been to Italy many many times to watch Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder shows and simply fell in love with how utterly beautiful the country is I’m made up they’ve reached the final…I should be cheering them on but seeing as I support an English team I’m rooting for the United lads to win some honours..quite the conundrum ( Denmark may scupper it anyway)

I only saw a headline, so not sure when they slashed prices, but I'm just amazed that this game wasn't sold out asap.
I logged on maybe 40/50 times over the past week. You could always get tickets at €595, most of the time €350 (or thereabouts), occasionally €195 - and I got lucky in managing to get one at €85.

that’s the only price point at which I would buy a ticket.

it should have been pretty obvious there was only a limited market for Spanish and Italian fans. The rest were neutrals - and as such, very few would pay such inflated fees.

Frank Sinatra Fan

Another good game from this Euro. A bit lukewarm first half for some people maybe, though I still liked it and think it was good on a technical level. The second half was electric and excellent! Tense extra time with a few chances. Dramatic penalties worthy of a Euro semifinal.

Spain surprised me, they were clearly better in the match than Italy, although I never thought Spain was this horrible team that everyone was saying after Spain's first games, which were pretty bad. What kills Spain is the attack, but besides that, they are clearly a technically gifted team.

Italy technically well below what they had been showing before, specially against in the great game against Belgium. Did Spanish possession make the Italians too uncomfortable as the game progressed? Or simply a bad day for Italy? I do not know. But Italy arrives confidently in the final despite today's problems.

We can have Italy and England in the Euro final, huh? And it will be at Wembley!

Reactions: Penna

Suedesi

woo hoo :D WOO HOO!! :wenger: It’s coming Rome, right? :wenger:

Spain mirrored perfectly and strangled us to (almost) death, their superior ball handling showed in full. I’m afraid they just did not create enough chances to convert one more, which is not our fault, really.

I can tell you this epic survival is the proper reward for Mancini, mainly… then for all his good, not oustanding players. Grazie, ragazzi. :cool:

Four days to the final, now. It will not be a similar game for sure: neither England nor Denmark play extreme possession, so we will face different threats also having more leverage.

And now… poo po po poo po po all night long. :p
Una serata perfetta, speriamo che la squadra sia in buone condizione per la finale. In bocca al lupo

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I logged on maybe 40/50 times over the past week. You could always get tickets at €595, most of the time €350 (or thereabouts), occasionally €195 - and I got lucky in managing to get one at €85.

that’s the only price point at which I would buy a ticket.

it should have been pretty obvious there was only a limited market for Spanish and Italian fans. The rest were neutrals - and as such, very few would pay such inflated fees.
Wow! Tickets that pricey? I take back all I said.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Think Italy is the tougher opponent for England. Spain are good in possession but they can't score for shit with a 1000 chances and this England team are well drilled in defense so it would have been difficult for them to win.
Aren't they the tournaments top scorers?

FCBarcelona

Supports
FC Barcelona
Aren't they the tournaments top scorers?
We are by far the team that most chances created.
We are the team by far with more negative difference between goals and xG.
We have been terrible at finishing the whole tourney, extremely frustrating. If we had being decent at that, we would have walked until the final, but this is the problem we have had in the last 2 years. Once in a while we don't waste so many chances and we end up winning 6-0 vs Germany...

Spain 40-60 Italy

We (Spain) are too sloppy in both areas... and that penalizes a lot. We usually create a good amount of chances but we just miss them, then we receive some ridiculous goals. We need to have a better than usually day in the areas to beat Italy. But we are extremely random, we can lose against a tier C level team and win 6-0 to Germany. I wouldn't be surprised if we smash Italy or Italy smash us (I would be honestly more surprised if we did it... haha).
Yeah... it wasn't too difficult to know... I hope we recover Ansu Fati in good form for the WC

Neo_Mufc

Just got back from the game. Spain were really awesome, the way they control that midfield is ridiculous. Olmo was class today.

Just a shame that they don't have a proper centre forward. Morata did get them the goal but it doesn't look like he's a solid enough option.

kidbob

Tomorrow night is England's big game for me and I suspect you'll just about get through. I've for a long time really rated this Denmark side and think they have a real chance but with the travel (an absolute joke in this tournament that does make it unfair) and with losing Eriksen (who I think will be really missed for the first time here) then England have to be favourites. Get over this and I honestly see England beating Italy 2 or 3 nil in the final.

Suedesi

Oh Morata
Ma che cazz'...

If you were set to kick your penalty like that and lose your sleep over it for weeks, what was the point of inflicting us forty minutes of cramps and swearing? A lose-lose proposition, that seems to me.

At this rate, England will just have to wait for us to call 911 ten minutes into the second half of the final.

Anyway, Spain was way more deserving than us both sides of their equalizer.
Whatevs, 2008 is vindicated.
Morata just wasted everybody's time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Must suck for Italy to go through all of that effort, only to be bullied by Braithwaite in the final.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Una serata perfetta, speriamo che la squadra sia in buone condizione per la finale. In bocca al lupo
Grazie. Sara’ un’altra grande serata di calcio nel leggendario stadio di Wembley. // Thanks. It will be another great football night at the legendary Wembley stadium.