g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Serge Aurier | Spurs player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Paris Saint Germain defender Serge Aurier has been refused permission by British authorities to travel to England for Wednesday’s Champions League match against Arsenal. The French club announced that Aurier, a 23-year-old Ivory Coast international, had been denied an entry visa because of an assault conviction he received in September for acting violently towards police outside a nightclub. In a statement, PSG said: “Due to a sudden about-face by the British authorities, Serge Aurier has not been allowed to travel with Unai Emery’s squad for the clash away to Arsenal. Paris Saint-Germain is stunned by this incomprehensible situation that attacks the very integrity of the UEFA Champions League.” Play Video Facebook Twitter Pinterest Arsenal will ‘finish the job’ against PSG, says Arsène Wenger – video PSG say the British authorities originally granted Aurier a visa, however this was revoked on 16 November. The club informed the authorities that Aurier has appealed against his conviction. Advertisement “The club has argued several times that since the player has launched a legal appeal against the criminal ruling, he is therefore entitled to the presumption of innocence, as any other person exercising their right to appeal. “Paris Saint-Germain strongly regrets that the presumption of innocence has not influenced Britain’s decision.” PSG were also furious that they were only informed of the decision at 14:00 the day before the game, “despite the club working for the last six days to find a solution to enable our player to travel with his teammates to London”. They deemed such timing a “flagrant lack of respect for the club”. In response, a Home Office spokesperson said: “We reserve the right to refuse a visa to anyone who is convicted of criminal offences. “Mr Aurier received a two month custodial sentence in September for assaulting a police officer. The immigration rules clearly state that non-EU nationals who have received a custodial sentence of less than 12 months within the last five years will be refused on criminality grounds. “All applications are carefully considered on their individual merits, in line with the UK immigration rules and based on evidence provided by the applicant.”

ti vu

Would they want to get rid though? If Meunier goes out of form or gets injured etc. they've got an incredible replacement in Aurier.
There are many factors in play that can force their hand: the carter to other players (David Luiz swiftly moved after they decided it's time for Marquinos to become starter); players no longer wants to stay & not starter so not worth the trouble to make them happy (Lavezzi, Sakho, Digne, Jesse...). PSG can always throw the money and get some reinforcement when they want.

Last edited:

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Was great at the WC. Though, Darmian was also very good but hasn't worked out for us. Would be happy enough with the signing if we can get him at a decent price. Think PSG bought him for some 6m Euros.

Art

Art the artist
I mean Rojo and Bailly are mad bastards as well. Might as well get a nutter LB and finish the circle :lol:

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Valencia is a fantastic right back, but he cannot dribble (he often relies on bursts of pace) or cross. Having an actual attacking outlet on the right could add so much.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Valencia is a fantastic right back, but he cannot dribble (he often relies on bursts of pace) or cross. Having an actual attacking outlet on the right could add so much.

I agree. I like Valencia myself but I feel if we had full backs who were good in attack, it would bring us to another level. So if we get Semedo or Aurier I'd be delighted. I think Valencia would be happy being a backup at this time in his career anyway.

Hojoon

I like him but losing our starting RB and CB for AFCON will be annoying.

Mike09

Dribbling for a right back is just about to bring the ball forward by beating his men. Whether you want to say Valencia cannot dribble, but he's still effectively bringing the ball forward by beating his men, that's what matters.

Z_Wolf

He is undoubtedly better than both Valencia and Darmian. His crossing and ability to beat a man is incredible. Although I rate Valencia very highly, I think this guy is better interms of attacking. Defensively he is as good as anybody. I can see why people are worried about his demeanor though.

BigCaine

Good player but definitely do not want, to say he would be difficult to manage would be calling mountain a molehill, i would rather have semedo who we are interested in by the looks of it, equally talented and younger not to mention not being a pain in the a$$ like aurier is a massive plus.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
STOP THISSSS !!!!! please

Aurier good at what ?

He' not better than Valencia, neither offensively or defensively. Do you know how he's criticized here in France for his displays ? AND his behavior in the team?

Since he's back from AFCON, he lost his place to Meunier (who's not Dani Alves).

He's very good physically which is probably why you all see him very good, but he can't cross, he doesn't give proper assist.

But overall, his behavior off the pitch his ridiculous. He's behaving like a thug, coming from the ghettos, riding a Ferrari and earning millions.

I don't like him, and I don't want to be represented by this kind of player. He may be good, and if his head is calmed down by a Mourinho or so, he may developp better, but his behavior is not what we want and what we need.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Wow what a signing this would be. If this is the type of players we are after and someone like Douglas Costa/Dembele for RW... we are in for a classic second season Jose transfer window

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
STOP THISSSS !!!!! please

Aurier good at what ?

He' not better than Valencia, neither offensively or defensively. Do you know how he's criticized here in France for his displays ? AND his behavior in the team?

Since he's back from AFCON, he lost his place to Meunier (who's not Dani Alves).

He's very good physically which is probably why you all see him very good, but he can't cross, he doesn't give proper assist.

But overall, his behavior off the pitch his ridiculous. He's behaving like a thug, coming from the ghettos, riding a Ferrari and earning millions.

I don't like him, and I don't want to be represented by this kind of player. He may be good, and if his head is calmed down by a Mourinho or so, he may developp better, but his behavior is not what we want and what we need.
He's better than Valencia at crossing at the very least and dribbles much better (more comfortable on the ball).

Godfather

He is undoubtedly better than both Valencia and Darmian. His crossing and ability to beat a man is incredible. Although I rate Valencia very highly, I think this guy is better interms of attacking. Defensively he is as good as anybody. I can see why people are worried about his demeanor though.
I somewhat doubt that. Isn't he second fiddle at PSG? And he should be better then the best right back in the EPL this season?

GM K

Ivory Coast.

That's my problem. Imagine him and Bailly becoming almost irreplaceable in our defence and then Africa Cup of Nations comes and they have to leave for 6 weeks.
We had better have a very deep squad to manage such a period.

African players tend to be very good but the Nations Cup's timing every two years, can be a problem for clubs.

Santos J

He's a bit of a nut job but he's a cracking player, would be reluctant to say no at €20m, especially considering his and Valencia's ages.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
Ivory Coast.

That's my problem. Imagine him and Bailly becoming almost irreplaceable in our defence and then Africa Cup of Nations comes and they have to leave for 6 weeks.
We had better have a very deep squad to manage such a period.

African players tend to be very good but the Nations Cup's timing every two years, can be a problem for clubs.
We already have a deep squad

Fracture90

Last I remember he was denied entry to Britain for Arsenal match...he has some charges against him in France.

Quality player, flammable personality. He will either die for Mourinho or try to kill him.

GM K

Doesn't quite make sense with the form Tony V has displayed this season and we already have Darmian who's a more than capable second choice. Maybe Mourinho is thinking about slowly phasing out Valencia next year?
It's looking like Darmian will leave. It appears like a few Italian clubs are keen on signing and let's face it, he hasn't exactly been consistently good this season. Tony V is of course not young anymore and the way he plays (very physical) means once his pace and energy wane, he will almost become useless as a wing back. This is the best time to start bringing in a successor for him.

Womp

idiot
20m?? That's a fecking steal. If Jose could sort his attitude out we'd have one of the best talents in his position for peanuts.

Womp

idiot
It's looking like Darmian will leave. It appears like a few Italian clubs are keen on signing and let's face it, he hasn't exactly been consistently good this season. Tony V is of course not young anymore and the way he plays (very physical) means once his pace and energy wane, he will almost become useless as a wing back. This is the best time to start bringing in a successor for him.
Darmian has his uses, could see him leaving but could just as easily see him staying as a backup for both and playing that defensive man marking role in certain games.

VanGaalEra

Isn't his attitude really shit? Didn't he have a problem with Zlatan also at PSG?

Really good player but too many question marks over him.

Canagel

We need more fight in this team plus we will become even more hated. He seems a bit crazy but he's very talented and 20 million is a bargain. He can improve a lot as well because he's 24. Valencia is 32 this year and won't keep going forever. Very clever from jose mourinho if this is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.