g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Serge Aurier | Spurs player

Status
Not open for further replies.

poleglass red

how did Mike Tyson ever get into the UK and this chappie can't. Tyson served a prison sentence.

AllezLesDiables

Could also go for Meunier who would be much less costly and has shown high level of ability especially with penchant of scoring fantastic goals.

Fracture90

Could also go for Meunier who would be much less costly and has shown high level of ability especially with penchant of scoring fantastic goals.
That motherf***** is 190 cm tall and plays as a RB with all that constant running up and down the pitch!

Goddammit I'm 195 cm and i can't be arsed to take the stairs even!

Womp

idiot
Isn't he supposed to be an incredibly talented delinquent? I doubt Jose would take a liking to a player who didn't give a feck.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Doesn't quite make sense with the form Tony V has displayed this season and we already have Darmian who's a more than capable second choice. Maybe Mourinho is thinking about slowly phasing out Valencia next year?

ti vu

Isn't he supposed to be an incredibly talented delinquent? I doubt Jose would take a liking to a player who didn't give a feck.
Mourinho wanted & played huge part in bringing Diego Costa to Chelsea. I think there is a different between difficult character than lazy/lack football understanding/ not give a feck. Even Balottelli had some more respect toward Mourinho (took his advice to move to Nice last summer where now he does quite decent)

I don't like this guy antic though. He does come across as mental for me. Very talented footballer though.

Doesn't quite make sense with the form Tony V has displayed this season and we already have Darmian who's a more than capable second choice. Maybe Mourinho is thinking about slowly phasing out Valencia next year?
Which is understandable. I meant even Valencia is a freak, there is a limit for his physicality condition now that he's 30s. If there is a good option for the squad, it's reasonable to get the player in as there is no telling there would be chance to get similar quality down the years when our current players decline.

Last edited:

Womp

idiot
Mourinho wanted & played huge part in bringing Diego Costa to Chelsea. I think there is a different between difficult character than lazy/ not give a feck.

I don't like this guy antic though. He does come across as mental for me. Very talented footballer though.
Ye I meant didn't give a feck in regards to authority etc. Didn't he come out and talk shite about his manager and team mates or something? He seems a bit crazy

Marcus

Absolutely believable. Seems like a Jose signing. Tall, powerful and confident.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Didn't him and Zlatan have a somewhat serious bust-up last season?
Not a bust-up but on periscope he said something along the lines of Zlatan engaging in oral sex with Blanc, but later he apologised to the team and Blanc. He even ended up playing for the team again towards the end of the season and won the League.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Ye I meant didn't give a feck in regards to authority etc. Didn't he come out and talk shite about his manager and team mates or something? He seems a bit crazy
He did. I can see why Jose would like him though. Very talented, cocky and can wind people up.

Absolutely believable. Seems like a Jose signing. Tall, powerful and confident.
He's not tall. About the same height as Di Maria.

Probably. Don't think Mourinho really sees Darmian as one for his favoured attacking RB option. Aurier would suit him a lot more.

Womp

idiot
Not a bust-up but on periscope he said something along the lines of Zlatan engaging in oral sex with Blanc, but later he apologised to the team and Blanc. He even ended up playing for the team again towards the end of the season and won the League.
What the feck? :lol: Sounds like a nutter

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Should also add that Blanc was the giver according to Aurier.

How the feck does one pronounce his name by the way?

Damien

Staff
Con would be the African Cup of Nations along with Bailly but on the plus side they could build a rapport for club and country and could work very well together.

Womp

idiot
Con would be the African Cup of Nations along with Bailly but on the plus side they could build a rapport for club and country and could work very well together.
Hasn't he fallen out of favour for Meunier, or whatever his name is? He looks talented, but considering he's from PSG he'd probably cost an arm and a leg, which could be spent better elsewhere, especially because I believe we need to buy in a few positions this upcoming window.

Bojan11

Man City are also interested.

Would be a great signing as Valencia can't last forever and when he's not playing our right side looks toothless.

Damien

Staff
Hasn't he fallen out of favour for Meunier, or whatever his name is? He looks talented, but considering he's from PSG he'd probably cost an arm and a leg, which could be spent better elsewhere, especially because I believe we need to buy in a few positions this upcoming window.
He has but wouldn't worry too much. They're two of the best right backs in Europe, and price wise, Aurier's relationship with the PSG CEO could work in our favour in that he might not stand in Aurier's way and let him go for a decent fee. Guess it depends what is going on with their Director of Football. There were rumours that Kluivert was leaving.

Paxi

Obligatory YouTube vid fellas.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Man City are also interested.

Would be a great signing as Valencia can't last forever and when he's not playing our right side looks toothless.
Get Drogba to phone him like he did for Bailly

Eric Bailly has claimed that both Manchester clubs tried to tempt him to the Premier League this summer.

The central defender became Jose Mourinho's first signing at Manchester United when he moved from Villareal in a £30m deal.

An Ivory Coast international , Bailly received mixed messages from his teammates.

Manchester City star Yaya Toure tried to convince the 22-year-old to link up with him at the Etihad while Didier Drogba hammered home the qualities of Mourinho .

When it came to deciding, the latter piece of advice proved key in Bailly making his mind up as he weighed up phonecalls from the United manager and a City assistant.

“I signed for United because I like Mourinho, as simple as that," he told The Sun .

“I wanted to play for someone who works very hard. I didn’t speak to Pep Guardiola but the ‘second’ manager called me and Mourinho called me as well.

“He said come and play for me. I prefer Mourinho, in part because of Didier Drogba, who Mourinho worked with.

“I have played with Didier in the Ivory Coast, he is a friend and he told me, ‘Jose did this for me, Jose did that for me’.

“Yaya also called me and said come to City. But once Jose spoke to me and Didier gave me advice, I knew straight away I wanted to play for him.”

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co...ic-bailly-explains-picked-manchester-11685689

TsuWave

valencia has had a good season but i always felt we could do better for a starting RB. valencia's attacking play is all too predictable. also, darmian is definitely not "a more than capable second choice", for the great majority of his time here he has been awful. Aurier would be an upgrade on both imo.

ti vu

I don't think it works that way for this case. For player PSG wanted to keep, no amount of money can budge them since they need the money. For players they don't want to keep, they wouldn't hassle too much for the fee.

Paxi

Resident Frenchies do your thing. :)

Womp

idiot
valencia has had a good season but i always felt we could do better for a starting RB. valencia's attacking play is all too predictable. also, darmian is definitely not "a more than capable second choice", for the great majority of his time here he has been awful. Aurier would be an upgrade on both imo.
TBF Darmian has shown he has his uses, he's very good defensively and can do a job when we need to nullify certain threats etc. more than good enough as a backup. Aurier does look a level above Valencia though, even though he's been great for us this season.

Womp

idiot
I don't think it works that way for this case. For player PSG wanted to keep, no amount of money can budge them since they need the money. For players they don't want to keep, they wouldn't hassle too much for the fee.
Would they want to get rid though? If Meunier goes out of form or gets injured etc. they've got an incredible replacement in Aurier.

Status
Not open for further replies.