Serge Aurier | Spurs player

Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

Darmian plays on the left for us, so i dont see how Aurier is an option if he leaves. Aurier is a pure RB/RWB, just like Valencia

LARulz

Very good player from what I've seen but he has an attitude doesn't he? Not that Mourinho can't cope but still

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Great talent and player but we need to get him some sort of counselling and make it clear we won't take any bullshit like beating up police and starting fights in clubs.

He's still young enough to fix things and get things on the right track at 24.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Either Darmian is a goner or Mou is thinking of buying him, return Valencia to RW, move Mkhitaryan as LW and not buying Perisic at all

wythyred

I don't rate Darmian in the slightest so I feel almost anyone in the top leagues is an upgrade however this guy is a **** and he's average.

izec

I remember Aurier used to play as a LB and a CB for Toulouse.
Yeah, thats a few years ago. I wouldnt want to rely on him playing LB now or CB as a 1,76m guy in the PL. Best to utilise the players in postions they are the strongest in, Aurier being a very good RB, and not experiment around and outsmarting yourself.

Silas

Would be a totally unnecessary signing. The effort should be on CM and out wide.
How is it unnecessary? Valencia is our only useful option in that position at the moment. Darmian's a non-factor in attack and Young's injured right now. Would you prefer we wait until Valencia inevitably declines then panick looking for a replacement (not many good, available RBs around anyway) and get fleeced in the process?

Nick.

Great player imo and I would like him. However, we would end up losing half our defense to the AFCON due to Bailly and himself.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Darmian plays on the left for us, so i dont see how Aurier is an option if he leaves. Aurier is a pure RB/RWB, just like Valencia
Aurier isn't a pure RB/RWB, he is a right back/center back. Aurier isn't really good in the last third, he can barely cross. he is a sort of Ivanovic.

izec

Aurier isn't a pure RB/RWB, he is a right back/center back. Aurier isn't really good in the last third, he can barely cross. he is a sort of Ivanovic.
He wouldnt play for us as a CB though, thats the point. The only position we could use him is at RB. I dont think a Jose RB needs to be a good crosser, he needs to be fit and running up and down.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Surprised by that analysis.. always admired his attacking thrust

Trizy

Id take him and his attitude all day over that useless Darmian.

Suv666

Talented lad, lot of baggage though but at that price, worth the risk

Z_Wolf

His crossing is one of his best attributes. If you think Aurier can't cross, I wonder what you think about Valencia? He's better than Valencia going forward imo. His stamina is questionable though.

M Bison

Supports
York City
How is it unnecessary? Valencia is our only useful option in that position at the moment. Darmian's a non-factor in attack and Young's injured right now. Would you prefer we wait until Valencia inevitably declines then panick looking for a replacement (not many good, available RBs around anyway) and get fleeced in the process?
I'd rather we concentrated on the areas which actually need investment, rather than buying a player to provide extra cover for a position which worked well for us last season.

JPRouve

Scout
He wouldnt play for us as a CB though, thats the point. The only position we could use him is at RB. I dont think a Jose RB needs to be a good crosser, he needs to be fit and running up and down.
He isn't playing for us, so I'm not going to pretend that I know anything about that part. What I do know is that he is used as CB and RB and he can't cross or beat a man when he isn't launched in acres of space which is why Meunier took his place and never gave it back.

JPRouve

Scout
His crossing is one of his best attributes. If you think Aurier can't cross, I wonder what you think about Valencia? He's better than Valencia going forward imo. His stamina is questionable though.
He has the same crossing abilities than a young Sagna and his best attribute is that he is very good at defending.

settembrini

Would be a totally unnecessary signing. The effort should be on CM and out wide.
I think you are right and the club is doing that. Mourinho was clear about wanting two more players just a couple of days ago. We've been chasing Perisic and multiple midfielders all summer. This is just media nonsense, maybe coming from PSG or Aurier's own camp to try and get him a move now he's down to 3rd choice RB there.

Silas

I'd rather we concentrated on the areas which actually need investment, rather than buying a player to provide extra cover for a position which worked well for us last season.
There was a tweet saying this wasn't a priority to be fair.

United Pro

Yeah, thats a few years ago. I wouldnt want to rely on him playing LB now or CB as a 1,76m guy in the PL. Best to utilise the players in postions they are the strongest in, Aurier being a very good RB, and not experiment around and outsmarting yourself.
Thing is, I don't see Aurier being any worse of a LB than Darmian due to his physicality and pace and on form is as good of a RB as Valencia. Given the fee quoted (around £17-22m), we could probably sell Darmian for a similar fee and still improve the squad.

SirAF

Ageist
I'm sure trying to get Aurier wouldn't steal time from the other transfers.. Woodward doesn't do everything alone :p

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This transfer window hurts my head

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I can't see him getting a work permit. He's not really been linked to anywhere else though bar possibly Juventus (he doesn't even have a thread on Juventuz forum) and he's definitely going to be leaving PSG this summer so who knows...

el3mel

At 20-25m I'll definitely take him. Very cheap option and only 24. His price will hardly affect our market.

I don't want to go through the painful experience after Scholes retired when Valencia form starts to drop.

Status
Not open for further replies.