Serge Gnabry | Bayern player

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal bought him for £100K and sold him for £5 million. Probably looked like a great profit at the time!
For the 857th time, he was never meant to be sold in the first place and especially not at that price. Bayern cheated their way to him with Bremen's help.
Delighted for him but let's not act like Arsenal were happy to let him go.

Robbie Boy

He showed glimpses but wanted to leave. Bayern basically loaning him out to Bremen and Hoffenheim did him a lot of good.
Haven't seen a whole lot of Bennacer, but from what I've seen, he looks a classy player. Was also a beast for me on my United save in FM which is the main indicator that he's hot shit!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Haven't seen a whole lot of Bennacer, but from what I've seen, he looks a classy player. Was also a beast for me on my United save in FM which is the main indicator that he's hot shit!
He is really really good

Gnabry is fantastic. The talent was always there since his debut at arsenal, just took a weird turn

Yagami

Good post resistant
Yeah, he's been great for two seasons in Italy, and won the player of the tournament award in the AFCON last year.

In his first season with Empoli, and Milan this year, he's been right up there in tackles and interceptions, but he is right up there in dribbles, too. He's like a mini Matic who actually has the legs to cover the entire pitch.

dbs235

He's so direct and powerful, the way he strikes the ball is so clean and powerful too.

Robbie Boy

Yeah, he's been great for two seasons in Italy, and won the player of the tournament award in the AFCON last year.

In his first season with Empoli, and Milan this year, he's been right up there in tackles and interceptions, but he is right up there in dribbles, too. He's like a mini Matic who actually has the legs to cover the entire pitch.
Thanks for that Yagami :)

Sounds like exactly the kind of player we could do with!

Robbie Boy

He is really really good

Gnabry is fantastic. The talent was always there since his debut at arsenal, just took a weird turn
Aye, Gnabry looked very promising as a youngster at Arsenal but not sure what happened him until he returned to Germany.

Funny Wenger got rid but persisted with some real dross for years.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Aye, Gnabry looked very promising as a youngster at Arsenal but not sure what happened him until he returned to Germany.

Funny Wenger got rid but persisted with some real dross for years.
wenger didn't get rid, he "forced" his way out

Which goes to show he's a smart lad

Robbie Boy

wenger didn't get rid, he "forced" his way out

Which goes to show he's a smart lad
Ah ok cheers, didn't know that. I thought he was flogged off after hie disastrous loan spell at WBA. Have to admit, after that I certainly didn't see him becoming a top player. I love watching him now he's fantastic.

dbs235

No idea why I'm defending Pulis, but Gnabry was 20 and clearly nowhere near his current level when he was on loan there. Kane couldn't get a look in on loan at Norwich at a similar age and I doubt anyone laughs at Norwich for it. Not sure anyone predicted that he'd turn into this monster.

el3mel

One of those players that I guess will be in my category of players whom I never rated and went on to prove me totally wrong.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Dude is a killer. Fast, strong, clinical. Bayern will get many years of joy with him.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Maybe the most exciting player in the world right now. Let's break the bank for him. He would be worth what we paid Sanchez, I doubt he's making that at Bayern.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Bayern have so many players that are really direct and make the defenders shit themselves - him, Davies, Goretzka...all fantastic.

ti vu

Maybe the most exciting player in the world right now. Let's break the bank for him. He would be worth what we paid Sanchez, I doubt he's making that at Bayern.
Bayern had no reason to sell him. Maybe only you're ready to pay more than current world record fee. Here Sancho deal is stalled by talk about fee. So...

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
One of those players that I guess will be in my category of players whom I never rated and went on to prove me totally wrong.
Same, thought he was going to be another Borowski/Schalldruff/Kirchoff signing. Someone who was great for a smaller club and Bayern made a bet on for cheap, ended up hardly playing and would leave for a midtable team soon after.

He's turned into an amazing player, not only for Bayern but for Germany as well.

Skills

Snitch
He's very good but he's also got Kimmich on the outside of him. The double threat is a nightmare for any defence to deal with.

ti vu

He's like Luis Suarez to me. I rate his raw talent back when Arsenal got him. However, I can't classify his position until this past couple seasons. Not exactly central forward, traditional winger, not midfielder. Wide forward, would he be a provider, or goal scorer, or utility one?

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No no he's not. He has a performance like this maybe every 10 games. He needs to get more consistent.
9 goals in 9 champions league matches?

gnabry reminds me of our own Nani.

quick, strong, fast feet and great shooting ability on his left and right and never stops running.

Trezeguet17

9 goals in 9 champions league matches?

gnabry reminds me of our own Nani.

quick, strong, fast feet and great shooting ability on his left and right and never stops running.
13 goals in 13 games for germany as well.

Btw: only 13 games for germany? Thought he has a lot more

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He's like Luis Suarez to me. I rate his raw talent back when Arsenal got him. However, I can't classify his position. Not exactly central forward, traditional winger, not midfielder. Wide forward, would he be a provider, or goal scorer, or utility one?
Yes

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Not so long ago Bayern looked like they would have a problem with quality on the wings when Riberry and Robben retired and now they’ve Coman on the bench and Sane to come in. I don’t care what anyone says they are brilliant in the market. The only players over 20 million are neuer and Thiago. Mental. It’s basically a cheat code.

Revan

Assumptionman
Not so long ago Bayern looked like they would have a problem with quality on the wings when Riberry and Robben retired and now they’ve Coman on the bench and Sane to come in. I don’t care what anyone says they are brilliant in the market. The only players over 20 million are neuer and Thiago. Mental. It’s basically a cheat code.
Dunno what they do with all their money considering how efficient they are in the market (and their revenue has been comparable to ours).

At least they fecked up with Lucas Hernandez (not that he is bad, but they got Davies which means that they spent 80 million for a bench player).

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Has anyone asked @awop why they let him go ;)
:lol: I'm not needed anymore. It's a well known fact that Wenger is an idiot who did not see the fuss about him, preferred to play Iwobi and massively cash in for those 5 millions pounds. Imagine one million pound but fives times more !

thepolice123

Is he always this two-footed? He scored a similar goal against Spurs where he cut in and twatted the ball in with his right.