Sergej Milinkovic Savic

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I was on this train after watching a handful of games. Then came the World Cup and he was pretty average. When I saw him last season he was also pretty average. Maybe this whole "we'll only sell for a gazillion billion trillions" from the Lazio hierarchy halted his progress.
He is shit regardless

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Didn't this guy just have the most underwhelming season ever? That would be a huge backwards step on Pogba. No deal.

Lee565

Mourinho must be thinking if only with how things have panned out this summer's transfer window, you have Inter wanting to let Perisic go, Woodward is now willing to pay for Maguire, Savic is now available at a far cheaper price, the club will more than likely sell Pogba (the virus as he saw it) on, Cahill would have been available on a free transfer.

AFC NimbleThumb

Mourinho must be thinking if only with how things have panned out this summer's transfer window, you have Inter wanting to let Perisic go, Woodward is now willing to pay for Maguire, Savic is now available at a far cheaper price, the club will more than likely sell Pogba (the virus as he saw it) on, Cahill would have been available on a free transfer.
Haven’t actually considered this.

This is a perfect Mourinho window - things really must be bad when I’m considering what Mou would do with us now.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Yep, it had crossed my mind. Suddenly Woodward is happy to sign off on 75m for Maguire, when last year he wouldn’t pay 60m (speculation of course).

I wouldn’t say it was a mistake to sack Jose, but it seems strange that we now find ourselves in the exact same position, just with a worse manager.

Lee565

Haven’t actually considered this.

This is a perfect Mourinho window - things really must be bad when I’m considering what Mou would do with us now.
Yep, it had crossed my mind. Suddenly Woodward is happy to sign off on 75m for Maguire, when last year he wouldn’t pay 60m (speculation of course).

I wouldn’t say it was a mistake to sack Jose, but it seems strange that we now find ourselves in the exact same position, just with a worse manager.
Throw in Alderweireld as well who he wanted last summer, oh and we bidded for West ham's Diop, plus Arnautovic wanted to leave West Ham this summer and was available on the cheap Haha.

RoyH1

Palmieri is linking us to him again.

He's not a bad pickup provided we bring in a holding midfielder too.

cj_sparky

Hopefully it is Lazio trying to stir up other interest. He was awful last season.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Wouldn't want this guy at OT. Doesn't strike me as anything special, and looks a little lazy to me, don't think he would cope with s full EPL season.

RoyH1

Hopefully it is Lazio trying to stir up other interest. He was awful last season.
Maybe a change of scenery would help? He's a talented player. Not in the Pogba class for sure, , but he's got a profile none of our other midfielders have.

cj_sparky

Maybe a change of scenery would help? He's a talented player. Not in the Pogba class for sure, , but he's got a profile none of our other midfielders have.
TBH, he isn't as talented as his hype suggests. Also the fees banded around for him are absurd.

AJ10

Really hope there is no truth in this. Shit player who was hyped after having one decent season and Lazo president wanted 180 mil or something.

Crashoutcassius

He showed he has a great level season before last. If he was cheap or could force a move then I'd say sign him. Amazing that people can want to sign a player they have 'watched lots of' for 100 but not half or 1/3 of it months later.

bdspeedy

And tbf he was never the main man at Juve like he is here now, and numbers wise he just came off of the best season of his career.
If by some miracle he stays, maybe having better fitting players around him either makes him a better main man or allays some of the unrealistic expectations some of us have had for him. I still wonder if he would ever have blossomed at United if he never left the first time. Would he have ever become the Pogba that we were all, perhaps unfairly, expecting him to be.

Champagne Football

He didn't back Jose last summer because Jose had been behaving appallingly. Attacking everyone in the media, from the board, to the players. Constantly blaming everyone but himself.
There's no way the board would take Peresic at this point in exchange for Lukaku. Peresic is already over the hill.
Jose had 2 and half years, spent £400 million. His teams played horror football, greatly underwhelmed, while he fell out with absolutely everyone.
If he was still here he'd be demanding £500 million this summer to sign the likes of William, Peresic, Alex Sandro, Cancelo, Nainngolan, Bale, Kedira, Matuidi etc. Short term planning which could potentially ruin the club financially in the long run.

Eric's Seagull

There is supposedly a gentlemans agreement between club presidents Claudio Lotito and Paolo Scaroni. So if this is true he is going to sign for Milan. Lolito said this “We have reached an agreement, there are only a few details missing but it’s all done.”

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I’d replace Pogba with Bruno and this lad, letting them fight it out. I reckon we could get both for around 110m euros as well. Not entirely sure he’ll fit Oles style though, only seen highlights. Looks big and strong, with an eye for goal though.

hobbers

For the sort of money talked about I would be disgusted with this signing. £80m on Maguire would be tragic but this would be equivalent to £150m for Maguire.

He's a £25m prospect at absolute best in this current market. Nothing more.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
15:44
Milinkovic-Savic transfer odds
Despite the transfer rumours United still aren’t the favourites to sign Sergej Milinkovic-Savic.

Milinkovic-Savic next club odds (Sky Bet)

PSG - 1/1

United - 3/1

Juventus - 9/1

Wolves - 16/1

15:34

Adamsk7

I think this guy is a beast. Regardless of whether he’s had a good season or not, he would improve us dramatically. He’s physical, a good passer on both feet, good header and he’s a better finisher than Pogba is.

The price of £100m is silly but if Pogba goes late we are gonna have to overpay for anyone - I’d get this deal done quickly and then we can just move on. He’s 24 too so plenty of time to improve.

Macern

Pee pee pants
From reddit:

United Fan said:
United fan here, how good is SMS?
Since Pogba wants to leave we are being linked with SMS again, I heard he was overhyped but I’ve never seen him play tbh. How good is he?
Lazio Fan said:
He’s a monster, he can tip the scales in any game. See for yourself... I really hope we get to enjoy him for another year, though!
Lazio Fan said:
He's a top player, he under performed a bit this season, but still came with the winner in the Cup final in the dying minutes. But you don't need to worry cuz HE STAY

Another United Fan said:
Is he still the same player even though he underperformed this season? As in do you think he’d go into the EPL and perform very well?
Lazio Fan said:
He's still the same player. Basically every Lazio player except Acerbi underperformed, it was a bad season for everyone. Idk how much he'd fit in the EPL

jamesjimmybyrondean

Regardless of whether he has been good or bad recently what's his playstyle. Will he match the pressing system Ole wants to apply and can he attack and defend

Macern

Pee pee pants
Regardless of whether he has been good or bad recently what's his playstyle. Will he match the pressing system Ole wants to apply and can he attack and defend
I’ve barely seen him, but he seems to be a hard working player who can both defend, create, dribble, win headers and shoot. I’ve seen a skill move on youtube that he seems to do frequently that is sort of like a roulette, he seems generally very skilled. He also looks like a monster in the air, scoring on a lot of headers. Looks kind of similar to Pogba, but better defensively and not as creative.

I’ve no idea if he’d be a good signing. Our midfield lacks creativity first and foremost, and I’m not sure if he’d bring that.

Scholsey2004

I hope we're not in for him, it would be ed making the same mistakes yet again. We keep signing the previous managers transfer targets every time we change manager. That makes no sense when the managers don't want to play the same way.