Sergi Roberto

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
That equates to €40 million and, again, paying the release clause does not translate to landing the player in Spain - player has to agree to said move
Yes. But the club still can't turn down the offer, so that report is bogus.

Bwuk

Why would we be interested?

He wouldn't get a game in our midfield as it stands. Matic, Herrera and Pogba would all start ahead of him.

prateik

That equates to €40 million and, again, paying the release clause does not translate to landing the player in Spain - player has to agree to said move
What does that have to do with Spain? A player would have to agree to a move anywhere in the world.
I dont think you can force a player to sign a contract just because his release clause was met

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I think it simply means no deal despite the offer but sure, it could be bogus too
Academy player who's been playing regularly for Barcelona. I don't see him leaving nor do I rate him much.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
What does that have to do with Spain? A player would have to agree to a move anywhere in the world.
I dont think you can force a player to sign a contract just because his release clause was met
Meant to explain that transfers in Spain do not happen like they do in England

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Barca's board will be fecking stupid if they let a LA Masia product like him slip through their fingers.
Board won't have anything to do with it specifically related to Roberto as the player would need to decide (I am skeptical he would agree to leave). However, the board is absolutely culpable for the state of affairs at the club which has led to an exodus of cantera players and possibly 1st teamers

izec

So after Aurio, Fabinho, now Roberto. I see a pattern,or the media think we will buy a RB and link us to every half decent one

roonster09

FA Cup Predictions 2023/2024 winner
Scout
Meant to explain that transfers in Spain do not happen like they do in England
No club will trigger release clause for lols, they do it only if they have agreement with the player.

roonster09

Scout
Happens all the time
Club triggering release clause without agreement with the player? When did that happen?

No club even make official bid (forget release clause) if they know player is not open to move or don't agree general terms.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Club triggering release clause without agreement with the player? When did that happen?

No club even make official bid (forget release clause) if they know player is not open to move or don't agree general terms.
Clubs can indeed trigger release clause and then negotiate, this is the accepted practice as it does not constitute tapping up although we all know that is not how things are done much these days anymore

roonster09

Scout
Clubs can indeed trigger release clause and then negotiate, this is the accepted practice as it does not constitute tapping up although we all know that is not how things are done much these days anymore
Which makes your other post redundant.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
So after Aurio, Fabinho, now Roberto. I see a pattern,or the media think we will buy a RB and link us to every half decent one
He is not a rb. He played there various times but was average at best. He is a midfielder/utility player. He is useful to Barca because he can "do a job" in multiple positions and he knows their system. He is not particularly good so.

Norris

Not overly impressed by him. I think the team he plays for makes him look better than he actually is.

Sparky Rhiwabon

He is not a rb. He played there various times but was average at best. He is a midfielder/utility player. He is useful to Barca because he can "do a job" in multiple positions and he knows their system. He is not particularly good so.
Mainly played right back last season I think?

JoaquinJoaquin

This would of made sense before we got Matic, but not now. Surely we wouldn't be buying him as a RB?

Litch

Never seen him play tbh and seems a bit random. If he's a utility player, I'm not sure where we need cover that's not already sorted. Tony is rarely injured and surely the cover should be from one of the young defenders? If true, seems a lot of money for a squad player?

::sonny::

He joins the immense list of average players we were linked during the years:

garay
gaitan
perisic
hart
morata

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Name one.
Article 18(3) of the FIFA Regulations on Transfers the selling club must first give permission for the prospective buyer to negotiate terms with the player in question - even if in practice this is not how it is routinely done.

Bonucci last year when City couldn't agree personal terms with the player despite meeting Juventus' valuation, Leonardo simply didn't want to leave Italy

Because a cláusula de rescission does not work like it does in England, in Spain if you try to agree personal terms first with the player you risk a hostile response from the club as was the case with Herrera or Javi Martinez for example. Mou et al know, you go to Barcelona first and agree on the fee (Else the fee can go higher due to the tax they can insist upon). The personal terms are typically the easiest part of the negotiations in a transfer. Moreover, a player like Sergi Roberto is not going to negotiate an exit unbeknownst to the club.

Only reason I could see United or other clubs interested in Roberto without his tacit approval is seeing that he has a relatively low transfer fee (In this bubble market) and the knowledge that there are going to be wholesale changes in midfield at Barcelona still

AgentP

I haven't really observed him during Barca games. But wasn't he the one who made that brilliant run in the El Classico that led to Messi's last minute winner? I also think he's the one who scored the winning goal against PSG. Might be wrong.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Is anyone in the Manchester or Catalan press linking Sergi Roberto to United? The only rumours I've heard come from something called Don Balon. Doesn't sound solid.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Article 18(3) of the FIFA Regulations on Transfers the selling club must first give permission for the prospective buyer to negotiate terms with the player in question - even if in practice this is not how it is routinely done.

Bonucci last year when City couldn't agree personal terms with the player despite meeting Juventus' valuation, Leonardo simply didn't want to leave Italy

Because a cláusula de rescission does not work like it does in England, in Spain if you try to agree personal terms first with the player you risk a hostile response from the club as was the case with Herrera or Javi Martinez for example. Mou et al know, you go to Barcelona first and agree on the fee (Else the fee can go higher due to the tax they can insist upon). The personal terms are typically the easiest part of the negotiations in a transfer. Moreover, a player like Sergi Roberto is not going to negotiate an exit unbeknownst to the club.

Only reason I could see United or other clubs interested in Roberto without his tacit approval is seeing that he has a relatively low transfer fee (In this bubble market) and the knowledge that there are going to be wholesale changes in midfield at Barcelona still
I know what the rules are, but in the real world as you have seemingly acknowledged yourself, clubs don't trigger clauses without first obtaining the go ahead from the player via his agent.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I haven't really observed him during Barca games. But wasn't he the one who made that brilliant run in the El Classico that led to Messi's last minute winner? I also think he's the one who scored the winning goal against PSG. Might be wrong.
You are not wrong

cyberman

Apparently Edu Polo reported this who is tier 1 on Barcas subreddit.

The Bloody-Nine

Is anyone in the Manchester or Catalan press linking Sergi Roberto to United? The only rumours I've heard come from something called Don Balon. Doesn't sound solid.
It's the complete opposite of solid. They make things up. The Spanish Caught Offside.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
I know what the rules are, but in the real world as you have seemingly acknowledged yourself, clubs don't trigger clauses without first obtaining the go ahead from the player via his agent.
I gave you examples of what I spoke of as well as the full context of transfers in/out of Spain

It's always possible that Sergi has negotiated terms with United behind Barcelona's back but if it were to be revealed, club would look it at as a hostile bid regardless - hence, the fee would have to go up as explained earlier. It's why it's best to deal with the club first with respect to the fee, then player as it is easiest.

In any event, if the bid is true I am skeptical that the player has already agreed terms as I mentioned in the OP

Moreover, trusted local reporter Gerard Romero has linked Sergi to Chelsea as well which suggests that opposing clubs are looking to tempt club/player due to all the uncertainty at Barcelona with respect to the midfield. Probably why Pep & City have been linked as well and in no link has rumours appeared on personal terms being met by any party

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.