Sergio Ramos / Joins PSG on a free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
City attempting to buy ANOTHER CB :lol: so who they dropping then? Stones who has completely turned it around gets benched?
If they bring in Ramos then that means Laporte is most likely leaving. He reportedly told City that he wants to go back to Spain and is unhappy with his current role at City.

Halftrack

You're a bit touchy :lol:

Edit: I've been infracted for sexism?? :houllier:
Using feminine nouns or pronouns to deride or ridicule men has been a no-go in polite society for a while now.
Simon Jones reporting this.

Fair enough, really. Had he still been in or near his prime, I'd want them to swallow their pride, but he's 35 and has recently done his knee. Schweinsteiger soured me on picking up aging legends from other big clubs.

davidmichael

Laporte probably leaving then?
If so I’d honestly explore looking into signing Laporte as he was the best centre back in the league outside of Van Dijk until last season, left footed and approaching his prime so actually worth paying top money for.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
I'd love it if we signed him. Yeah he's massive cnut but that's precisely what we need in our defence. Ice queen gets bullied a tad bit too easily for my liking. Would also free up funds to sign a CDM, which along with Sancho would be a very successful window for us.

Though sadly I think he'll go to PSG/City/Chelsea and Varane will likely stay at Madrid.
:lol:

McSauce FC

35 years old, won the lot, needs money (and alot of it) due to bad investments, used us to put pressure on Real on multiple occasions during contract negotiations. We should look elsewhere in my opinion.

SeasonInjuryfromuntilDaysGames missed
20/21Hamstring tendenitisMay 6, 2021May 21, 202115 days3
20/21Corona virusApr 13, 2021Apr 22, 20219 days3
20/21Muscle InjuryApr 1, 2021May 4, 202133 days9
20/21KnockMar 19, 2021Mar 24, 20215 days1
20/21Torn MeniscusJan 15, 2021Mar 10, 202154 days10
20/21Gastric problemsJan 1, 2021Jan 8, 20217 days1
20/21Muscle fiber tearNov 18, 2020Dec 9, 202021 days6
20/21Knee ProblemsOct 17, 2020Oct 23, 20206 days2

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
PSG are the only side i can see giving him whatever he wants. Perhaps he will go PSG, then Miami or something.

Much as its a shame, dont think we will see him play in the prem.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Avoid please. If this was like the Cavani situation were we needed a back up or a stop gap till Greenwood grows or more top strikers become available then I'd say we should consider it. But we dont need a stop gap or back up and there are some good CBs available for decent prices that are long term solutions.

Shalashaska

I'm sure this point has been covered, but do people really see him coming in to the team and not trying to be the "big man", he won't want to be led by Maguire, he'll want to be captain, take penalties etc. I just don't see him being a personality fit at all in a team that currently has a great balance in terms of different characters and team cohesion.

Plus it reeks of bringing in a player who will far exceed the types of wages we really want to pay.

He'll be off to PSG almost undoubtedly, should focus our efforts elsewhere on a longer term signing for that position.

I'm sure this point has been covered, but do people really see him coming in to the team and not trying to be the "big man", he won't want to be led by Maguire, he'll want to be captain, take penalties etc. I just don't see him being a personality fit at all in a team that currently has a great balance in terms of different characters and team cohesion.

Plus it reeks of bringing in a player who will far exceed the types of wages we really want to pay.

He'll be off to PSG almost undoubtedly, should focus our efforts elsewhere on a longer term signing for that position.
he won’t be “the big man”’at PSG and certainly won’t be taking penalties.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Which would you choose if its between getting Ramos and a DM or getting Varane/Kounde/Torres and no DM
The first because IF Ramos stayed healthy and IF Cavani stayed healthy we may challenge. We won’t challenge without a DM regardless imo. The issue with that though is what if we lose out on our long term CB taking this approach?

croadyman

A lot on here would back this behaviour though seeing as many are butthurt themselves over it too!
I could totally live with this stance IF Varane was leaving too however convinced he is definitely staying now, despite what happened back then we should at least find out what his intentions are like we did with Edi before completely rejecting him

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
I don't think he speaks English as Ramos can barely speak proper Spanish with his andalucian accent (ala Kane).

He will try to secure the best financial option, not so much he is 'Big Man' but securing his playing time. Only City, PSG or China (if they still have money) are viable options.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A nice and very polite farewell, perfect to return to the club in a few years
Having your brother as your agent is really not a shrewd thing to do.

I can imagine if PSG wants him, they probably could blow anyone out of the water financially.
Well yes, when everyone knows your agent, a bad sign, and everyone knows René. It will be strange to see him at PSG/City.
Without belittling, I would rather see him in a "classic" club
That hopefully rules us out then. I read that Thiago Silva is on about £110k a week at Chelsea, no way Ramos accepts a figure around that if he's really in it for the dosh.
I think he earns 14 net. It will be difficult to find teams. In any case, Thiago Silva is two years older and is at another level
Do you think that whatever club he goes to will get the same Ramos? Or do you maybe think some fire, both physical and mental, will have gone out?
He is too proud and vain to be irrelevant. He will want to regain his position in Spain and show Madrid that they were wrong.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Again, it's highly unlikely he'd be cheaper than Pau Torres/Kounde actually, for next season at least

Renegade

He’s played with Ronaldo so I’m sure he has no problem not being the “big man”
& not taking pens.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
35 years old, won the lot, needs money (and alot of it) due to bad investments, used us to put pressure on Real on multiple occasions during contract negotiations. We should look elsewhere in my opinion.

SeasonInjuryfromuntilDaysGames missed
20/21Hamstring tendenitisMay 6, 2021May 21, 202115 days3
20/21Corona virusApr 13, 2021Apr 22, 20219 days3
20/21Muscle InjuryApr 1, 2021May 4, 202133 days9
20/21KnockMar 19, 2021Mar 24, 20215 days1
20/21Torn MeniscusJan 15, 2021Mar 10, 202154 days10
20/21Gastric problemsJan 1, 2021Jan 8, 20217 days1
20/21Muscle fiber tearNov 18, 2020Dec 9, 202021 days6
20/21Knee ProblemsOct 17, 2020Oct 23, 20206 days2
"Gastric problems" on New year's Day.

We've all been there.

croadyman

Easily Ramos and midfielder like Locatelli. We could easily do a summer of Ramos, Locatelli, and Sancho.
Virtually impossible unless Utd are willing to bury the hatchet with him and his agent brother over 2015

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Virtually impossible unless Utd are willing to bury the hatchet with him and his agent brother over 2015
A player used a club to get a new contract. Who cares. Move on for the good of the team. Everyone uses United for a new contract, doesn't mean you cut them out altogether.

croadyman

A player used a club to get a new contract. Who cares. Move on for the good of the team. Everyone uses United for a new contract, doesn't mean you cut them out altogether.
Completely agree with you but think Utd won't be willing to compromise their principles on this one

Red4Life_#7

Great player with a great winning mentality. Definitely have talks and see what our medical team think after thorough examinations, then maybe a 1+1 deal.

Upgrade on Lindelof :lol: :lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I would rather have him than varane.

It would save us to go big on a CDM and or a CF.

We can then spend time looking for our LCB.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I would rather have him than varane.

It would save us to go big on a CDM and or a CF.

We can then spend time looking for our LCB.
He's slow, and Maguire is slow. Do you really think that's a good combination? He also has had a few injuries this season if I'm not mistaken so he's really getting on.

Status
Not open for further replies.