Sergio Ramos / Joins PSG on a free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threesus

A bit sad about his departure. I was hopeful that the club would offer the contract again and that he would accept it.
I think that with the Bernabéu open he would have stayed. Today I read that he made bad investments. 20 Million loss in a real estate business
so on his next destination I would simply bet on the one that pays more and offers more years.
I would prefer to have sold Varane, and even without Ramos I wouldn´t mind if they sell him too.

I wonder if tomorrow will be a soft farewell or will he start attacking the club like Zidane did
Is he the greatest captain in your history ? Or is it Casillas /hierro?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Is he the greatest captain in your history ? Or is it Casillas /hierro?
Yes, probably. Understanding by captain someone a bit responsible for everything, from helping young players to deal with the club.
Casillas earned a reputation as a press snitch and I think he was less charismatic in the dressing room

Last edited:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Ramos would do well in the PL but he'll need two other CBs around him, I think. Similar to Thiago Silva.

Threesus

Yes, probably. Understanding by captain someone a bit responsible for everything, from helping young people players to deal with the club.
Casillas earned a reputation as a press snitch and I think he was less charismatic in the dressing room
Oh, I remember. It was during the mourinho era where he was reportedly leaking team info to his wife, wasn’t he?

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
I hope we are not in for him, used us too many times for contract negotiations in the past flirting with us.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Oh, I remember. It was during the mourinho era where he was reportedly leaking team info to his wife, wasn’t he?
No, just Mourinho believed this. In reality we don't know

This is painful. Today is a sad day :(:(:(

PS btw, for those thinking free transfer=cheap, given his wage demands he would likely be more expensive than the likes of Kounde or Pau Torres...possibly even Varane

SATA

Crazy opinion but i think i would prefer him to Varane even though he's 35. Varane is abit soft but Ramos would take no crap from any striker who tries to bully our defence. We need some cnuts in our team and there is no one better than him. He's most likely going to PSG though sadly

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
No, just Mourinho believed this. In reality we don't know

This is painful. Today is a sad day :(:(:(

PS btw, for those thinking free transfer=cheap, given his wage demands he would likely be more expensive than the likes of Kounde or Pau Torres...possibly even Varane
I don’t reckon he’d demand 50M over two seasons more than either of those other choices. You could argue it’s a sunk cost unless we win something as Kounde or Torres are long term investments with a potential return, however the risk to reward ratio is much wider there.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don’t reckon he’d demand 50M over two seasons more than either of those other choices. You could argue it’s a sunk cost unless we win something as Kounde or Torres are long term investments with a potential return, however the risk to reward ratio is much wider there.
Meant more expensive on a yearly basis

Judas

Open to offers
I can understand turning him down because of his physical limitations at his current age, but turning him down as he's a bit of a dickhead and you don't like him :lol: genuinely pathetic. We need more dickheads, we desperately need more winners, we need exactly his type of savvy smart characters.

Last edited:

dal

He’s better than Lindelof and a true leader, if he’s free we should sign him but we can’t. We won’t go above 200k a year though or whatever Harry’s on and I’m sure he’s looking for a payday.

lysglimt

Scout
Ramos is a player it's impossible to like - unless he is playing for your team. I kind of miss that kind of player in our team

Andersons Dietician

As much as I dislike him it would be good to get a proper leader in defence for a change. Surely PSG have their name all over this one. I just don’t see many clubs that would really want him at this stage in his career who also have the money to pay undoubtedly a pretty hefty fee for his services.

Lemansky

He’s better than Lindelof and a true leader, if he’s free we should sign him but we can’t. We won’t go above 200k a year though or whatever Harry’s on and I’m sure he’s looking for a payday.
Why won’t we go over that? Ramos is one of the most winning and best defenders through the history of this game. Maguires career highlight was signing for us. They are literally on two completely different levels on what they can demand in wage. Ramos is also a free transfer and that will also be reflected in his wages.

dal

Why won’t we go over that? Ramos is one of the most winning and best defenders through the history of this game. Maguires career highlight was signing for us. They are literally on two completely different levels on what they can demand in wage. Ramos is also a free transfer and that will also be reflected in his wages.
Regardless of a free transfer or not if players find out that another player is on 4/500k a month their agents won’t care if it’s a free transfer or not because I assume that’s what he’s looking for.

I do think though if we can speak to a player and find out their motivations like Cavani then adding this kind of quality and experience for 1-2 years is a good thing in the right circumstances.

GoldanoGraham

This is the same type of signing as Ronaldo - they are both way past their best and not the right type of signing for us - we are as always being used to drive up supposed demand - works well as a smokescreen for us hopefully as well.

Both been great but these ships have sailed.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I think that was Casillas whose wife/girlfriend was also a journalist.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
As good as he's been over the years, wouldn't him and Maguire be a bit slow? I thought one of the pre requisites for a new CB was top notch pace to cover for Maguire. Chelsea play 5 at the back so don't necessarily have that same problem.
He’s no slower than Lindelof, not sure where that idea came from

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This is the same type of signing as Ronaldo - they are both way past their best and not the right type of signing for us - we are as always being used to drive up supposed demand - works well as a smokescreen for us hopefully as well.

Both been great but these ships have sailed.
In the right circumstances, experience counts for a lot in football. Having a team ready to win trophies (we aren’t far from that) can benefit from some players who have the experience of cup finals and league run-ins

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Bad thing about this is that Madrid will think twice of letting go Varane. Feck.

hubbuh

He’s no slower than Lindelof, not sure where that idea came from
He was dogshit against Chelsea, and that's the best barometer we have of how he might perform in the prem. Besides, I thought we wanted to improve on Lindelof's deficiencies (a lack of pace being one of them).

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
He was dogshit against Chelsea, and that's the best barometer we have of how he might perform in the prem. Besides, I thought we wanted to improve on Lindelof's deficiencies (a lack of pace being one of them).
True, but he played that game injured and was out of shape. Before his injuries he was doing quite well.

RoyH1

A bit sad about his departure. I was hopeful that the club would offer the contract again and that he would accept it.
I think that with the Bernabéu open he would have stayed. Today I read that he made bad investments. 20 Million loss in a real estate business
so on his next destination I would simply bet on the one that pays more and offers more years.
I would prefer to have sold Varane, and even without Ramos I wouldn´t mind if they sell him too.

I wonder if tomorrow will be a soft farewell or will he start attacking the club like Zidane did
Having your brother as your agent is really not a shrewd thing to do.

I can imagine if PSG wants him, they probably could blow anyone out of the water financially.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Varane to PSG,
Ramos to City,
Torres and Kounde to Real
Ben White to United then:drool:

Kaos

sexism
I'd love it if we signed him. Yeah he's massive cnut but that's precisely what we need in our defence. Ice queen gets bullied a tad bit too easily for my liking. Would also free up funds to sign a CDM, which along with Sancho would be a very successful window for us.

Though sadly I think he'll go to PSG/City/Chelsea and Varane will likely stay at Madrid.

Pep's Suit

I HOPE he joins City because City lack winners, characters with strong mentality and for next two seasons he would be more useful there than Laporte. However, if I have to guess it's gonna be PSG. Can also imagine Chelsea, Miami or Juve.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I'd love it if we signed him. Yeah he's massive cnut but that's precisely what we need in our defence. Ice queen gets bullied a tad bit too easily for my liking. Would also free up funds to sign a CDM, which along with Sancho would be a very successful window for us.

Though sadly I think he'll go to PSG/City/Chelsea and Varane will likely stay at Madrid.
Grow up.

hubbuh

That hopefully rules us out then. I read that Thiago Silva is on about £110k a week at Chelsea, no way Ramos accepts a figure around that if he's really in it for the dosh.

hubbuh

:lol:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat

Do you think that whatever club he goes to will get the same Ramos? Or do you maybe think some fire, both physical and mental, will have gone out?

Status
Not open for further replies.