Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkXaero

Even if we are looking to sign Ramos as a rightback, and still plan to sign Otamendi for CB, Real will also be looking to sign another CB. And for Real, Otamendi would be the ideal replacement for Ramos.

Sam

Even if we are looking to sign Ramos as a rightback, and still plan to sign Otamendi for CB, Real will also be looking to sign another CB. And for Real, Otamendi would be the ideal replacement for Ramos.
There's no way Ramos is going to leave Madrid, to come to United and play right back ffs :lol:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
:lol: ,but de Gea is in his last year,if the situation was different they would have to offer 45/50
Then let's meet halfway. Real can have our Dave for 25m Euros and six bottles of Alhambra. The beer is for me :).

DarkXaero

There's no way Ramos is going to leave Madrid, to come to United and play right back ffs :lol:
Obviously my post is referring to a scenario where it does happen, unrealistic as it may be. This is a transfer forum thread after all.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even if we signed both Ramos and Otamendi we'd still be more likely to sell Jones and bench Smalling than play Ramos as a RB, it's a total non runner.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
If we sign Ramos all of our problems will be solved and we will win the league. :drool:

berbasloth4

I think thus is going to happen for some reason and be worst summer ever.. he will get found out and be a terrible signing.. dreading the idea of him in our centre of defence

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Good though he can be there's no pretending that he doesn't do really stupid stuff on the pitch too. If we did sign him we can expect plenty of stupid cards and mistakes.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
If this happened it would allow us to save face. Having said that, I think we are just being used to get him a bigger contract. No objection to that really, anything we can do to make their wage bill larger is fine by me.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If this happened it would allow us to save face. Having said that, I think we are just being used to get him a bigger contract. No objection to that really, anything we can do to make their wage bill larger is fine by me.
As long as we don't miss out on a more realistic target because of it then sure, it's no skin off our nose.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I think thus is going to happen for some reason and be worst summer ever.. he will get found out and be a terrible signing.. dreading the idea of him in our centre of defence
A pointless vanity signing to make Woody feel like he's a big hitter. That shit got old last summer. Will be horrific if it happens all over again.

Sam

Don't get this 'found out in the PL' nonsense.

If there is one defender that is tailor made for PL football, its Ramos. Fast, strong, great in the air, and an absolute cnut to boot. He'd relish the nitty, gritty battles with the likes of Andy Carroll. He'd be perfect for us.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
I'd take him in a heartbeat, but again like Di Maria, I hope we're not shafted by Madrid, yet again, for him.

Sam

A pointless vanity signing to make Woody feel like he's a big hitter. That shit got old last summer. Will be horrific if it happens all over again.
I agree with the vanity signings, but Ramos is exactly what we need. There would be nothing pointless about this one.

I don't ever see it happening though.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
At 31 years of age, I wouldn't want him tbh.

Edit:Feck he's only 29, sign him up Woody!!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Can't help but feel this is a no go. He seem's very settled at Madrid and has been there a long time. I think these are just the usual leaks to strengthen his position for more money and maybe the future captaincy.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I agree with the vanity signings, but Ramos is exactly what we need. There would be nothing pointless about this one.

I don't ever see it happening though.
Only if we're signing two CBs or abandoning LVG's notion of a RCB/LCB side preference divide. Otherwise signing Ramos would see us drop the best CB we currently have to the bench while leaving him beside a weaker partner.

Put it this way: I'd sooner see us have Smalling + Otamendi in the first team than Ramos + Rojo.

Beyond that though, it would worry me in terms of our approach to this transfer window. I was hoping we'd have one similar to Chelsea's last year, where we quickly bring in quality players who can slot straight into the most glaring gaps in our first team. Targeting Ramos would suggest we're still looking for glory signings, which would make me very nervous...

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Only if we're signing two CBs or abandoning LVG's notion of a RCB/LCB side preference divide. Otherwise signing Ramos would see us drop the best CB we currently have to the bench while leaving him beside a weaker partner.

Put it this way: I'd sooner see us have Smalling + Otamendi in the first team than Ramos + Rojo.

Beyond that though, it would worry me in terms of our approach to this transfer window. I was hoping we'd have one similar to Chelsea's last year, where we quickly bring in quality players who can slot straight into the most glaring gaps in our first team. Targeting Ramos would suggest we're still looking for glory signings, which would make me very nervous...
I think that' overstated. Fairly sure Smalling and Jones played a bunch of games as pair in central defence ahead of Rojo. Plus he's played right footers together before, at Bayern.

I just hate the way we've had so much success with a certain type of transfer strategy but now Woody's taken over we're trying the whole galactico approach, and not to great effect. Far rather be signing the next Vidic tbh. Ottamendi fits that description much better.

Chicharito_

Yes he's a bit of cnut, but he would be our cnut. Stranger things have happened at Real. But still this seems like his agent's way to get a huge contract.
I thought this with Di Maria..

Just think Ramos has eyes on being a club legend with the armband next season - I'm saying no chance we will get him, just how I said it in the Di Maria thread last season :rolleyes:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I always thought he was overrated, until he was linked with us at which point I immediately became convinced he is world class :)

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Sign him up. He's already got a goal for United as well. Damn you, Cünt cuńting Cakir.

PeteManic

Ramos is part of the furniture there - the boy who made good from a rough estate in Seville to be current vice captain and future captain of Real Madrid. He's more Spanish than jamón.

Get a grip lads.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I think that' overstated. Fairly sure Smalling and Jones played a bunch of games as pair in central defence ahead of Rojo. Plus he's played right footers together before, at Bayern.

I just hate the way we've had so much success with a certain type of transfer strategy but now Woody's taken over we're trying the whole galactico approach, and not to great effect. Far rather be signing the next Vidic tbh. Ottamendi fits that description much better.
Aye, after I posted I realised that Otamendi might actually be right footed and Ramos has often played at LCB, so it doesn't really hold up as an argument anyway.

Still don't like what targeting him says about our approach though, especially if it drags on while other more realistic targets get left behind. Was hoping we had learned something from the last couple of summers...

Status
Not open for further replies.