Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Truedevil

Maybe it's that kind of Summer and we end up with both Ramos and Otamendi:eek: We have the money, we have Woody and we want to be the best team in the world so why not.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Why would he want to leave Real?
Why would Real want to sell him?

Let me guess, he's in discussions for renewing his contract or something?
0% chance sounds about right.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Maybe it's that kind of Summer and we end up with both Ramos and Otamendi:eek: We have the money, we have Woody and we want to be the best team in the world so why not.
Alternatively, it's that kind of summer where we dick around for a few months and scramble a few overpriced signings in the last few weeks. Time will tell I guess.

goin4glory

We had one of the best ball playing defenders of this century in the form of Rio Ferdinand playing for us. The thing was that in addition to all those actual fancy stuff, he could, you know, like, actually, defend. We're not that far off from the last great generation of defenders who had that skill set as well.

But carry on assuming people who don't rate this current batch of exotic "defenders" don't appreciate the finer arts of football.
Rio got plenty of criticism for being too precious and plenty of the above mentioned fans would easily take Vidic over Rio or even Terry above him as well. Ramos, can, you know, like, actually defend. Would it even be possible to win a fraction of what he's won if he couldn't. Do you really think Spain or Madrid are short of options to where he wouldn't be easily replaced if he was at the level posters are describing?

Rezyuz

Why would he want to leave Real?
Why would Real want to sell him?

Let me guess, he's in discussions for renewing his contract or something?
0% chance sounds about right.
We are talking about the club that sacked their CL winning manager of subbing an out of form "superstar" while replacing their super inform LCM that led them to the CL title for a guy who performed good at the WC.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Him moving here makes no sense whatsoever unless he has a problem with Madrid. He's at the biggest club in Spain, and he's likely going to captain them at some point. Unless he physically asks for a move I don't see it happening.

cyberman

Higuain
Ozil
Di Maria
3 players in last 3 years that have went to Perez to try and force contract negotiations, all sold.
Ramos probably next

Theonas

Scout
Rio got plenty of criticism for being too precious and plenty of the above mentioned fans would easily take Vidic over Rio or even Terry above him as well. Ramos, can, you know, like, actually defend. Would it even be possible to win a fraction of what he's won if he couldn't. Do you really think Spain or Madrid are short of options to where he wouldn't be easily replaced if he was at the level posters are describing?
Exactly! The other thing people forget is that with Rio, we mostly played a deep line. Being good on the ball is not the only thing we're talking about here. The elite clubs now want to monopolize the ball, the idea is to not have to defend and not be put under pressure and therefore not need a Vidic or a Terry in the first place. I understand people not liking that style of play but if you want that kind of football, there really is no replacement for a player of Ramos's profile. Yes it would be getting caught out of position and conceding some stupid goals at times but if it works well and the identity of the team develops the right way, it would be all worth it.

ottosec

I was reading in some article that he is on 70k/week(€5M/year), surely that can't be true? That's like 50k less than Ashley Young. :lol:

No wonder he wants and will probably get a new contract.

NJM78

I was reading in some article that he is on 70k/week(€5M/year), surely that can't be true? That's like 50k less than Ashley Young. :lol:

Ashley has the best agent in the history of sports agents.

darioterios

not have to defend and not be put under pressure and therefore not need a Vidic or a Terry in the first place
pressure comes in other forms, requiring snap quick reaction if there's a loose ball waiting for a counter attack, so it requires concentration all the time or the consequence is disastrous. the claim that defending in possession teams is simpler is quite rubbish

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Would take De Gea and money for Ramos any day. Exactly the type of defender we need.

shabz

Great ball playing defender, sometimes tries to be a bit Hollywood with his passing but when you have runners like Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema in your team then why would you not try some crazy passes. His defensive skills are he is good in the air, he organises the defence well and often gets Real Madrid up the pitch well. Wait and see on this one.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

Spain reports players wages after tax and in England reports players wages before taxes.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Not happening, it wasn't happening even without his gf factor, but once you consider she works for the Spanish TV, no chance at all of him leaving Madrid.

Theonas

Scout
pressure comes in other forms, requiring snap quick reaction if there's a loose ball waiting for a counter attack, so it requires concentration all the time or the consequence is disastrous. the claim that defending in possession teams is simpler is quite rubbish
Except I never said it was simpler. It just requires a different set of skills and relies more on the group rather than old fashioned pure defenders if that makes any sense. But overall, it is a style of play where not conceding chances is a natural consequence of being in control and cutting out danger in a much earlier phase of play. Is it easier? of course not but it most definitely does not necessarily require a Vidic or a Terry.

darioterios

Except I never said it was simpler. It just requires a different set of skills and relies more on the group rather than old fashioned pure defenders if that makes any sense. But overall, it is a style of play where not conceding chances is a natural consequence of being in control and cutting out danger in a much earlier phase of play. Is it easier? of course not but it most definitely does not necessarily require a Vidic or a Terry.
no I just refer to some people who dismiss that type of defending, not aimed at you

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
If United paid 75 m euro for di María then surely they can pay the same or more for Ramos :devil:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
If United paid 75 m euro for di María then surely they can pay the same or more for Ramos :devil:
And if Madrid can offer 20m Euros for de Gea then they can pull down my trousers and suck my balls.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
So when do you expect the denial or the report to come in that he has signed a new contract?

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Yes he's a bit of cnut, but he would be our cnut. Stranger things have happened at Real. But still this seems like his agent's way to get a huge contract.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
And if Madrid can offer 20m Euros for de Gea then they can pull down my trousers and suck my balls.
:lol: ,but de Gea is in his last year,if the situation was different they would have to offer 45/50

Godfather

How anyone would say no to him is beyond me. Yes he is a bit of a cnut. At the same time he happens to be one of the very best CBs out there. Probably the best with the ball on his feet. Would take him in a heartbeat. Never going to happen mind. These stories get more and more stupid by the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.