g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

goin4glory

Typical CAF view of all Madrid/Barca defenders.
It's not just Madrid/Barca defenders, some people have zero clue on how to evaluate ball playing CB's I.E koscielny/Luiz/Vertonghen etc They look at sides like Barca/Madrid/Bayern and say why can't we play like that but at the same time slate the CB's from each of these teams without realising in order to play a progressive and proactive style you need defenders who're good on the ball, can play 1v1 and work in a high line. Some people don't rate a defender unless they're John Terry and just stand on the 18 yard line hoofing clearances and winning headers.

Reportedly he wants a massive hike. He's on 4.5m for sometime now, wants more than 10m. Perez doesn't want to give him that much.
This is what I've read as well. If I was in his position I;d want to be on the same tier as Bale. How much was Xavi/Iniesta on at Barca?

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
We could also be using Ramos as other target bait for Otamendi or Hummels or whoever we're actually working a deal with.

prarek

It's not just Madrid/Barca defenders, some people have zero clue on how to evaluate ball playing CB's I.E koscielny/Luiz/Vertonghen etc They look at sides like Barca/Madrid/Bayern and say why can't we play like that but at the same time slate the CB's from each of these teams without realising in order to play a progressive and proactive style you need defenders who're good on the ball, can play 1v1 and work in a high line. Some people don't rate a defender unless they're John Terry and just stand on the 18 yard line hoofing clearances and winning headers.
lol well put.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
After signing Di Maria who was also disappointed with Real's policy I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Otamendi & Ramos ? Christ what a defense that would be... that stuff is almost comparable to Rio & Vida times.

buckooo1978

a silly rumour

apart from us offering 40 million plus and over 200k a week why on earth would Madrid/Ramos accept?

SirAF

Ageist
I don't think Ramos is coming at all, but he's a very good defender and the fact that he's a cnut got nothing to do with anything - we could do with a few of those. Quite a bit of overreacting here at the moment!

ThanksBoss26

Would like it to happen though I can't see it myself. Although I did also say that about van Persie...and Mata...and Di Maria...and Falcao. So I'm no judge!

Incidentally, is he someone who'd be prepared to play Right Back or turn his nose up at it because he wants to play Centre Half?

Bwuk

Far better than anyone we have at the back.

Cannot believe someone said Smalling is even remotely close to him. Ramos has the technique of a top midfielder ffs, whilst being one of the best defenders in the world.

Zero chance itd happen but if there's even a remote chance we should be all over it. One of the players that are just that good you don't turn down the chance to sign.

devil in me

Really don't understand some of the comments regarding Ramos being not very good. He's a fantastic player, one of the best CB's in the world. I don't for one minute envigase him playing for us, but stranger things have happened.
He's a massive twat, but i find myself warming to him all of a sudden...

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Far better than anyone we have at the back.

Cannot believe someone said Smalling is even remotely close to him. Ramos has the technique of a top midfielder ffs, whilst being one of the best defenders in the world.

Zero chance itd happen but if there's even a remote chance we should be all over it. One of the players that are just that good you don't turn down the chance to sign.
Basically agree with that, but...

This summer I was hoping less for "too good to turn down" signings than for "exactly what our team need right now" signings.

Right now what we really need in defence is a RB and a LCB. Ramos won't play at LCB and would be wasted at RB so he wouldn't exactly be a perfect fit.

Mister_Stubbs

I'd very much welcome him but sadly I just fear this is another name to add to the very long, growing list of those who name drop us just to get a better deal for themselves.

dasty

Only on redcafe can you see people suggesting Smalling is better than Ramos or Hummels :lol::lol::lol:

Bwuk

Basically agree with that, but...

This summer I was hoping less for "too good to turn down" signings than for "exactly what our team need right now" signings.

Right now what we really need in defence is a RB and a LCB. Ramos won't play at LCB and would be wasted at RB so he wouldn't exactly be a perfect fit.
Rojo can play on the left side, or Smalling and Jones can learn some basics and move over. No other partnership in football stresses over it, so why should we?

Or, alternatively we do the sensible thing and bring in defenders to replace the trash we have at the moment.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Really don't understand some of the comments regarding Ramos being not very good. He's a fantastic player, one of the best CB's in the world. I don't for one minute envigase him playing for us, but stranger things have happened.
He's a massive twat, but i find myself warming to him all of a sudden...
Sergio Ramos... what did he ever won in his life ? Some local cups with Spain and with that small time club that no one ever dreams to play for while we got Evans and Jonesy ready to get injured in the same time. Feck yeah...

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Top player, would love him here, along with Ottamendi. Only thing is that he would be a red card waiting to happen, BUT we need more cnuts in our team tbh

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Great player, obviously, but I can't stand his antics on the pitch. Would feel luke warm about him joining us if it happened, even though he's a massive upgrade on any of our options.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Isn't Ramos a proper fan favorite like Casillas was/is?
Yep, he's already a Madrid legend for most of us. Altough there is a part that doesn't like him because he's a bit of a hothead sometimes. Which I don't mind one bit btw, his red card record never really bothered me.

Sam

Ramos would be an absolutely incredible signing. Anyone saying otherwise needs their head checking.

All things considered, he's pretty much the ideal signing we could make tbh. Would mean no Otamendi, mind.

Kag

Only on redcafe can you see people suggesting Smalling is better than Ramos or Hummels :lol::lol::lol:
He's better at defending than Hummels. I don't care whether that's only seen on RedCafe or not. The latter routinely defends like a right knob.

Ramos is of course better, however.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I want me some cnuts at the club. Is Otamendi one? I hope so. We should hire Roy Keane to scout some talent. Ramos to us is never going to happen but i'd love him here.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

This is what I've read as well. If I was in his position I;d want to be on the same tier as Bale. How much was Xavi/Iniesta on at Barca?
We had one of the best ball playing defenders of this century in the form of Rio Ferdinand playing for us. The thing was that in addition to all those actual fancy stuff, he could, you know, like, actually, defend. We're not that far off from the last great generation of defenders who had that skill set as well.

But carry on assuming people who don't rate this current batch of exotic "defenders" don't appreciate the finer arts of football.

Kag

We had one of the best ball playing defenders of this century in the form of Rio Ferdinand playing for us. The thing was that in addition to all those actual fancy stuff, he could, you know, like, actually, defend. We're not that far off from the last great generation of defenders who had that skill set as well.

But carry on assuming people who don't rate this current batch of exotic "defenders" don't appreciate the finer arts of football.
Well said.

Sam

Wouldn't mind Shaw - Otamendi - Ramos - Anyone beside Valencia
No way we'll being signing both. It'll be one or the other (or someone else entirely) leaving us with

Ramos/Otamendi/New signing
Smalling
Jones
Rojo
Mcnair

ThanksBoss26

No way we'll being signing both. It'll be one or the other (or someone else entirely) leaving us with

Ramos/Otamendi/New signing
Smalling
Jones
Rojo
Mcnair
Yep, pretty much what I'm expecting. Evans sold, Blackett out on loan.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Apparently Real want £46.5M for him....that has gotta be a big joke!!!

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I can get on board with this if de Gea has to leave.

I thought this swap deal talk was typical media bollocks at first but I'm starting to think there might genuinely be something in it.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
We are losing the best player in our team to lower wages than we can offer because he is Spanish and there is a possibility that he might be first choice for Real Madrid.
And some think we will get Real's choice Spanish centre-back, who is one of their best players in the world, in exchange. Right.

So this is what transfer muppetry means.

Status
Not open for further replies.