Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
If loyalty exists in modern football then Ramos would be the perfect example.

He will never leave Madrid.
The same Ramos who left his local team to join Real Madrid? Nothing wrong with what he did, but hardly loyal...

Winrar

a player (or player's agent) using us to get a better contract shocker

Last edited:

Ananke

I don't see how the logic follows? The guy is a liability. And as you say, it's bs anyway
I personally see La Liga as much softer refereeing wise than the premier league. Therefore my logic is that (and this is totally kneejerk reaction be it wrong or right) some of those reds would not be reds in the PL. There's no factual evidence and looking over all his red cards maybe would change that initial reaction of mine. But thats just my first thought seeing that.

As I said, likely I could be so so wrong.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
This is the craziest rumour ever:lol:
Wouldn't want him anyway, he's a proper cnut.

Acole9

Outstanding
Ermm, why?
His disciplinary record is awful, he'd be a liability for us. Don't really like his antics at times neither, always seems hell bent on getting other players sent off.

Varun

Staff
His disciplinary record is awful, he'd be a liability for us. Don't really like his antics at times neither, always seems hell bent on getting other players sent off.
Behaviour on the pitch can be easily altered. The defensive record is quite incredible but it should be better in the PL. As far as footballing qualities go, we'd be hard pressed to find a better CB. Unfortunately though, he's just after a new fat contract.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Will go down as a legend for Madrid. He's going nowhere.

ThanksBoss26

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Sort of story that gives Silly Season its name. I would be very shocked if anything happened here.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He'll get the pay rise he wants and be happy in Madrid.

goin4glory

Will go down as a legend for Madrid. He's going nowhere.
Many on the Real Madrid forums would strongly disagree. He's on 5.5m a year and wants to be on the same wage level as Bale who earns 9-10m. I don't think his demand is that unreasonable given that he's been at the club for 10 years, is club captain and would probably get that type of money elsewhere. His relationship with Perez has been on the rocks for some time and the recent media leaking's about him going to Barca have supposedly fractured it even more. At the end of the day if Madrid won't pay him even half of the ££ he can earn elsewhere he could easily leave just like Di Maria. If I was Ramos I'd see no reason Bale should be earning far more than me.

prarek

His agent using us to get a new contract. Nothing to see here. Move along.

diarm

2nd most overrated defender on Earth after David Lolz. Does anyone really think Van Gaal is going to completely neglect Rafael because he can't trust him to keep his head and stay on the field in key games, and then sign a total head case like Ramos?

goin4glory

2nd most overrated defender on Earth after David Lolz. Does anyone really think Van Gaal is going to completely neglect Rafael because he can't trust him to keep his head and stay on the field in key games, and then sign a total head case like Ramos?
The difference being Ramos is a world class CB and Rafael is average.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm trying to work out if we are enquiring about any Madrid player worth his salt while we thrash out the De Gea deal or whether the press just assume we are.

izec

I know a lot of people think he is overrated and a cnut, but if there is any chance of getting him, we should be all over him. I rate him, not because he is the best out and out defender, but he is a great leader, good on the ball and experienced.

I also think he just uses us to get a better contract, but if this is the 1% where it isnt the case, i would welcome him here with open arms.

Mister_Stubbs

A very controversial player to say the least, he'd certainly bring big game experience but is to hot headed most of the time for my liking. No question the guy has ability but he is a cnut but if we signed him he'd be our cnut and give everyone else another reason to hate on us.

Didn't he publicly admit to his disgust when Madrid sacked Carlo Ancelotti a few weeks back?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Probably not going to happen. But, honestly I know he is a good player I would hate to watch him every week.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I used to think he was massively overrated but my opinion has changed a bit in recent years. Maybe I'm just being swayed by his rather epic goals in their CL winning campaign.

He certainly is both an idiot and a cnut though.

There's something to this story but that something is more than likely a new contract for Ramos.

diarm

The difference being Ramos is a world class CB and Rafael is average.
I disagree. If Rafael played for Real Madrid or Barcelona you'd be sliding off your stool every time you spoke about him.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
For me is the best in the world,has a lot of personality,character and skills.A good CB has to be a cnut,the typical guy that you hate when is in the opposite team.Someone like Ayala,Godín,Chiellini,Otamendi,etc.He is angry with the board and his discontent is not only for the contract but the exit of Iker,the president licking Bale's ass against the benefit of the team,the club not defending him of the info about Barcelona's candidate,etc. In the other hand he is spaniard,the typical one that stays all his career here,an idol in Spain and the leader of national team,therefore to sell him would be a shock in a club so political.I'd bet that at the end he will renew

Last edited:

Kag

I'd definitely take him, for what it's worth. He isn't the greatest defender you'll ever see, but he's the right profile for what we need at centre half. Experienced, quick, comfortable in possession and able to manage a high line. Then there's the fact that both Madrid and Spain have won major honours with him at the heart of defence. He's really quite good.

NL Max

Dutch ITK, for reals
Ramos, although he's a prick, I could see as a target for van Gaal. His strenghts are his passing, headers and 1v1 and that's exactly what van Gaal wants from a centreback - especially headers. LvG his style of football is high-risk high-reward, an excellent defender like Ramos would certainly have the potential to blossom under van Gaal.

Wether this story has something to it we'll hear over the next couple of days, I wouldn't write it off now but I'd say it's very unlikely at the moment.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Even if it was true that we were after him, which I very much doubt, it'd be a completely pointless signing.

He'd only be available for 1 in 4 games, after getting sent off every time he actually played.

goin4glory

I disagree. If Rafael played for Real Madrid or Barcelona you'd be sliding off your stool every time you spoke about him.
I'm not dillusional about the ability of our own players, outside of United fans no one rates Rafael.

Rafael is available but no club would spend more than 10m on him. If Ramos is genuinely available most of the best clubs throughout Europe will be interested.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Don't rate him at all...in fact Smalling is better and that says a lot!

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Rather Otamendi but hey, if he's going.

Status
Not open for further replies.