Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I guess we asked for Benzema, Varane and got rejected so now moved onto Ramos.

It seems we are getting desperate.

FujiVice

If we sign him, we should put him at right back only for the reason that I always play him there on Fifa and he's amazing. Poor logic maybe, but I have faith.

pseudo_canadian

Ramos would be great.

He has an extensive history of being a bit of a hot-head, but he's undoubtedly a world class defender and would instantly improve us.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

AS suggesting Ramos' time at Madrid is up...

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would be perfect for us, not a chance in hell of it happening though. Would also cost like 50m minimum. Can't see him wanting to leave though if he did, then we would have as good a chance as anyone I'd guess.

Mali_Zeus

Don't rate him at all...in fact Smalling is better and that says a lot!
I hate Ramos but Smalling better? What?

Also as I stated I hate the guy but come to think of it buying him would be a nice deal. He can play as a RB too.
Him being a cu.t I can imagine him driving scousers crazy with his antics. :D

Saying all that I'm 99 percent certain this deal wont happen.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I guess we asked for Benzema, Varane and got rejected so now moved onto Ramos.

It seems we are getting desperate.
Pretty disturbing that we could nearly go through the entire Real first team and still get a player who'd improve us. :lol:

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Eh ? Smalling is better than Ramos ?

Ramos is undoubtedly one of the best and most rounded central defenders in the world. Yes, that isn't saying a lot given the current dearth of quality at the particular position, but come on. Smalling might be close to him as a pure defender when he's fit and on form (debatable still), but Ramos is one of the best distributes from the back (up there with Hummels or Pique), is mega experienced (almost 130 caps for Spain, 80+ European appearances), knows what it takes to win (has won the European Championship twice, World Cup once, Champions League once), is a leader, would give us a legitimate set piece threat (something the team has lacked), and raises his game in the most decisive of moments (both offensively and defensively).

That said, this seems like a negotiation manoeuvre, or maybe posturing by Ramos and his agents to secure his long term future at Real.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

AS reporting unequivocally that Ramos wants out of Madrid

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I was being slightly sarcastic when I said Smalling was better, what I meant is that I don't rate him as defender.

I've seen him a few times and he is a glorified midfielder who can't defend.

Robbie Boy

Some cracking comments in here. He's a brilliant defender and I would happily take him although I very much doubt it will happen.

adamwest

What the...? This is surely a wind up. Would love Ramos here, but why would he want to leave Madrid??

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I just knew someone will respond with that picture or with the gif, such a childish response, as always when someone mentions Busquets. It's incredible how thing that happened long time ago is still chasing him but yet people find Ramos as good guy in comparision with him, even though he does cnutish things in pretty much every game. I am not defending Busquets btw, I just find it laughable that people who think Busquets is a cnut don't find Ramos as much bigger cnut than him.
Wait. How is that a "childish" response? Did Busqeuts ever clearly apologize for that? If he did, has he changed his ways now? The point here is whatever Ramos has done, he's been doing it in the open for everyone to see. He is over-agressive on the pitch but Busquets is ten times the twat Ramos can ever be.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Serious question how much is he worth considering his age and length of contract.... £20m?

Also, my preference would be Ottemendi.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
If we went for Ramos then I guess Otamendi would be off the cards given Real have been linked with him and would need a new CB?

CLARiiON

Mes que un Gloryhunter
Supports
Barcelona
Reportedly he wants a massive hike. He's on 4.5m for sometime now, wants more than 10m. Perez doesn't want to give him that much.

Mali_Zeus

Wait. How is that a "childish" response? Did Busqeuts ever clearly apologize for that? If he did, has he changed his ways now? The point here is whatever Ramos has done, he's been doing it in the open for everyone to see. He is over-agressive on the pitch but Busquets is ten times the twat Ramos can ever be.
They're both twats in equal amount.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Being overly aggressive is far worse than being a diver.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
If this somehow materializes, I hope we play him at RB primarily, not CB and get Otamendi for CB.

prarek

I was being slightly sarcastic when I said Smalling was better, what I meant is that I don't rate him as defender.

I've seen him a few times and he is a glorified midfielder who can't defend.
That's just a typical stereotype. He's actually pretty poor as a midfielder. The few times he's played there he looks shite. But he's a world class defender no doubt about that.

darioterios

don't believe it still. but not unrealistic, multi-positional (that twitching a s s right-back role calling!), comfortable ball-playing defender, first-class experience which only Carrick and Rooney have in the team

strandty

He did say in January that every day he prefers the Premier League more. But like the seemingly common thought on here, it's got to be his agent angling for a bigger contract surely?

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
I'm not going to believe this until Ballague confirms it or an official report from United stating a deal has been agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.