Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_Stubbs

Sergio Ramos wanting to leave Real Madrid for Manchester United is massive. It certain sounds like all the noise is coming from Sergio's people (in particular his brother/agent) which excites me. Up until now I was a bit wary of this story but after tonight I think it'll happen.

Spoony

The People's President
That would make sense if he was willing to listen to offers from City and Chelsea to help his negotiations but as he "just wants United", that suggests he doesn't want Real to stop the move by forcing an auction.

Yeah good point. Now why should I get on the Ramos bandwagon considering I've always felt he was overrated?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Have the BBC started moaning about the alleged fee we're paying? £40 million is a lot to spend after just recently spending that £105 million on Memphis.

saivet

Don't think we will get mugged off price wise. They got healthy fees for Ozil, Higuain and Di Maria. These guys didn't seem particularly bothered where they ended up which helped Madrid get a very nice fee. They won't have this luxury in this case it seems.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah good point. Now why should I get on the Ramos bandwagon considering I've always felt he was overrated?
You don't have to. Play hard to get, make him earn your love.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
The best part about all of this is that Madrid will think twice next time they approach us for one of our players.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't know how good his relation is with Di Maria but I find it strange that he only wants to go to United when Ozil was one of his best friends at Madrid.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Why does he want to only come to United? All we hear about is those sort of players wanting to move to Madrid/Barca or somewhere sunny... What is Woody saying to these players!

Even if you don't rate him or like him the money is worth it just to bring Madrid down a peg or two.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
He probably won't have much of a say but I doubt Perez would want a new manager unhappy before the season has even started.
On the flip side, Rafa won't want to upset his president beforethe season has started.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
I don't know how good his relation is with Di Maria but I find it strange that he only wants to go to United when Ozil was one of his best friends at Madrid.
Wenger is not known to pay up premium prices for defensive players, so I guess it comes down to a lack of interest from the Gunners.

Mister_Stubbs

Because you know like, we are despite what many people will have you know one of the biggest clubs (the biggest in many eyes) in the world.

The financial gains are also a bonus as well.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
United's a step up, Vato. Deal with it. :cool:

saivet

On the flip side, Rafa won't want to upset his president beforethe season has started.
Tis true, but I guess Perez will have had an idea as to the type of manager Rafa is, so he can't justifiably get angry at him for acting in character.

Spoony

The People's President

Well, he can't go to Barcelona and there aren't any clubs left as prestigious as United, Vats.

Rezyuz

Sums up this transfer if it happens "Must be said: If Man UTD manage to get Ramos in a Football-world which is desperate to get class-defenders...RESPECT..." rewetted by Graham Hunter.

Think Woody is making a damn good statement with this transfer.

Sylar

I like how Hunter mentioned that Utd are also being shrewd with regards to DDG. Its a position where we can leave it down to deadline day as we dont need the money of his sale, and can actually afford to lose him on a free next year (who knows he might change his mind by then).

Browniee

We're the only ones mad enough to pay his price and him £250k a week

Rezyuz

Btw even Twitter is acting like a muppet.

If you type "sergio ramos" in search on twitter.

You get two accounts:

- Sergio Ramos (official)
- Man United (official)

lol wtf

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I am starting to really believe that for us this is more about getting at Madrid now ,yeah we need a good experienced CB but I think for that we are keeping Otamendi as an option while trying to just really put Madrid in a difficult position.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sums up this transfer if it happens "Must be said: If Man UTD manage to get Ramos in a Football-world which is desperate to get class-defenders...RESPECT..." rewetted by Graham Hunter.

Think Woody is making a damn good statement with this transfer.
Rewetted by many United fans the world over, I'd imagine.

Status
Not open for further replies.