Sergio Ramos | Signs new 5 year contract

What do you think of Sergio Ramos as a potential signing?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Oh yeah I know. I more meaning that it's odd that Ramos people informed a English jouro in Spain(Hunter is pretty much the most well know reporter of Spanish football in the UK) rather than the typical media(Macca,AS).
With these sorts of things, it's usually the journo and the player's agent being cosy, rather than the player himself.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Would De Gea coming in appease the fans, do you reckon? because that's what Madrid are probably banking on at this stage. A world class goalkeeper no doubt, but not exactly the superstar that you lot are used to every summer, especially considering a club and country icon is leaving.
I've been saying this from the start and I still don't even really want DDG. I mean, if he comes I'm fine with it, but it's not the signing I've been waiting for. There are other positions that need focus. A good DM or CM would be so much better. We also have Navas sitting on the bench ffs, who I really rate.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
We are still some way away from a squad capable of winning the premier League.

Post SAF, the 1st PL win will always be the hardest, much like it was for him and I don't think its possible to win the PL with a team just promising talent; you also need older players who have done it before. Win that first one and then build dominance from there.

For that reason alone, it makes total sense signing players like Ramos and Schweinsteiger who would immediately inject experience and class into the team.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I've been saying this from the start and I still don't even really want DDG. I mean, if he comes I'm fine with it, but it's not the signing I've been waiting for. There are other positions that need focus. A good DM or CM would be so much better. We also have Navas sitting on the bench ffs, who I really rate.
Trust me when I say you really want de Gea, trust me.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Unless you're mixing him up with Varane you haven't a clue what you're talking about.
There's not much to suggest Varane was any inferior or rash as a defender than Ramos especially over the last season. He's good but he's certainly not someone you expect to age gracefully.

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Hunter has been briefed by Ramos' brother/agent.

He says United have made only one bid of €40m despite media reports. Ramos has told Madrid unequivocally he wants to leave for United and United only, no one else.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Interesting that Balague hasn't piped up yet

saivet

Mentioning how Giggs mentioned how we're interested in 'winners' throughout the spine of the team. Basically Giggs was describing a Ramos type of player

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Hunter:
  • Briefing is from people very close to Ramos, sibling?
  • Ramos was informed directly from Real Madrid that Manchester United made a big bid.
  • Ramos wants Madrid to open negotiating with Manchester United, feels our bid is fair.
  • Doesn't want a bidding war, wants Manchester United and nothing else.

ChaddyP

yeah i always got the feeling that the only people that want david dea to come to madrid are our premier league rival fans , perez and Davids girlfriend. Never got the feeling that madrid fans care that much about getting De Gea. With good reason too, you have 2 fantastic keepers and have more dire needs at the moment

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is glorious.

feck you Real. feck you.

saivet

Just brought up by Hunter
Yeah, didn't make it clear but was on referring to Hunter.

Hunter also saying that Rafa is the type of guy that wouldn't want anyone on their pre season tour, knowing that they're not fully committed.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
They're using us. To be fair, I can't stand the cnut.
That would make sense if he was willing to listen to offers from City and Chelsea to help his negotiations but as he "just wants United", that suggests he doesn't want Real to stop the move by forcing an auction.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Yeah, didn't make it clear but was on referring to Hunter.

Hunter also saying that Rafa is the type of guy that wouldn't want anyone on their pre season tour, knowing that they're not fully committed.
Like Rafa has any say in that.

Status
Not open for further replies.