Sergio Reguilón | 2023/24 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Reguilon was poor today. His defensive work has always been questionable. However, the forward stuff is meant to compensate for that. It really didn't. Looked every bit the loan signing today. Needs to be much better to stand any chance of staying once Shaw and Malacia get back to full fitness.

I thought he looked good today.
Seemed far more competitive and feisty which was something I didnt really expect from him.

I thought Reguilon was poor today. His defensive work has always been questionable. However, the forward stuff is meant to compensate for that. It really didn't. Looked every bit the loan signing today. Needs to be much better to stand any chance of staying once Shaw and Malacia get back to full fitness.

My thought too. He's on Malacia's level that i don't rate at all. No reason to have two leftback on that level.

My thought too. He's on Malacia's level that i don't rate at all. No reason to have two leftback on that level.
Different type of player than Malacia. Reguilon’s defensive game is pretty bad, I agree with you. To play to his strengths, the team has to adjust. In contrast, Malacia has ball retention ability. I think he is more useful to us than Reguilon. So, I also agree with you Reguilon isn’t worth to being kept when everyone is back.

Different type of player than Malacia. Reguilon’s defensive game is pretty bad, I agree with you. To play to his strengths, the team has to adjust. In contrast, Malacia has ball retention ability. I think he is more useful to us than Reguilon. So, I also agree with you Reguilon isn’t worth to being kept when everyone is back.

Regulion would probably more useful as sub against tired defence. But yeah. He needs to do a bit more.

Joint most shots today along with Harry Maguire.

Dalot should never be starting ahead of him at left back.

If you are not playing Shaw wide left, and you want real attacking output, you have to play Reguilon. Dunno what was up with Dalot but he wasn't giving any kind of real outlet at left back. Reguilon immediately helped us play some football when he came on. A big part of our difficulty tonight is that we didn't have enough people able to take the ball to feet and move around Newcastle's press. Reguilon could've helped there. I'd be sorry not to see him start our next game.

One of the best footballers in our squad which speaks volumes.

Him and Shaw feature in our strongest 11.

Perhaps worth trying out similar to what Scotland do with Robertson/Tierney?

Onana
Lindelof - Maguire - Shaw
Dalot - Mainoo - McSauce - Regulion
Bruno
Hojlund - Garnacho​

Onana
Bruno
Hojlund - Garnacho​

Swap McSauce for literally anyone and maybe. Though I don’t like Dalot too much either, that system needs someone better there. Good thing he’s only here till 2028.

Onana
Bruno
Hojlund - Garnacho​
I quite like to see this. Probably swap Maguire and Lindelof. And also Antony for Dalot.

He’s been really good every time he’s played for us and I can’t understand why he hasn’t played more?

You know when fans normally say a fullback is “good going forward but shit defensively” — Reguilon actually seems like he’s half decent going forward

He's a good player, makes me wonder where it all went wrong at spurs.

You know when fans normally say a fullback is “good going forward but shit defensively” — Reguilon actually seems like he’s half decent going forward

Maybe we should try him at one point as a left winger.

I love Reguillon's passion for it, haven't really seen enough to tell whether he'd ever be more than a squad player but his energy is great.

Quite an archetypal Spanish player. Passion, technique, clutch decision making and overall good game intelligence.

It's an issue when he's defending but his output going forward is very good.

He’s got the perfect blend of energy and shithousery that we lack sometimes. Also a pretty decent player. Much prefer him to Malacia

Proper old school attacking full back, was extremely positive when he came on.

He is really handy going forward. I think we could do worse than keeping him around as the backup LB

Status
Not open for further replies.