Sergio Reguilón | 2023/24 Performances

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Playing well, but that’s not really a huge surprise. In fact, I never really understood why he was banished at Spurs. Aways liked him and wanted us to get him instead of Telles. Was very good at Sevilla, and I was surprised Real sold him and bought Mendy at the time.

He is very light though, and struggles against powerful wingers. Offensively, he runs the wing and carries the ball well.

Bwuk

I really like him. We should be taking him from Spurs.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Could have been scratching his arse or desperate for a shit.
Let's hope he just needed to get back to the dressing room to pinch off a mega loaf and is good to go now.

Hopefully it wasn't a huge stinker, be good to have the lads be able to celebrate without an eye watering stank in the changing room.

Morpheus 7

Played well again. He's playing for his career, I don't think people really understand this. This deal is turning out good short term for us. I really don't trust him if he was offered deal, playing like he's got something to prove. Weird the mentality of a player when he knows it's all on the line.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Played well again. He's playing for his career, I don't think people really understand this. This deal is turning out good short term for us. I really don't trust him if he was offered deal, playing like he's got something to prove. Weird the mentality of a player when he knows it's all on the line.
Why not? This is a Spanish international who has played at Real Madrid, won an EL with Sevilla and is still only 26. Him playing well is not to be seen as surprising IMO.

He’s easily better than Malacia for my money.

jadaba

My low-stakes conspiracy theory is that referring to 'illness' is some sort of catch-all term by EtH for injury uncertainty. It's the third time in recent weeks that he has described a player as ill when there seemed to be something else. He said Martinez had to come off due to illness when he appeared to also be injured against Arsenal, and last week he explained that AWB was ill ahead of the Brighton fixture, for which he came on in the last 5 minutes and was injured anyway.

Maybe the club is keen not to reveal injury details about the players?

R'hllor

If he keeps being decent, both side will benefit, finish the loan deal and move on.

mu4c_20le

We should do more loan deals, they always seem extra motivated the first six months.

MadMike

Why not? This is a Spanish international who has played at Real Madrid, won an EL with Sevilla and is still only 26. Him playing well is not to be seen as surprising IMO.

Understatement, if anything. Malacia turned out to be quite underwhelming. I would easily prefer Reguilon to him as cover for Shaw. Might actually challenge Shaw too, something Malacia isn’t good enough to do. Shawis feeling quite safe with Malacia as competition.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What a guy wanting to play even though he was ill! Top mentality. We’ve had players moaning previously being played through illness.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
My low-stakes conspiracy theory is that referring to 'illness' is some sort of catch-all term by EtH for injury uncertainty. It's the third time in recent weeks that he has described a player as ill when there seemed to be something else. He said Martinez had to come off due to illness when he appeared to also be injured against Arsenal, and last week he explained that AWB was ill ahead of the Brighton fixture, for which he came on in the last 5 minutes and was injured anyway.

It was Lindelöf who came off with illness against Arsenal, and he was back next game.

izec

Understatement, if anything. Malacia turned out to be quite underwhelming. I would easily prefer Reguilon to him as cover for Shaw. Might actually challenge Shaw too, something Malacia isn’t good enough to do. Shawis feeling quite safe with Malacia as competition.
At this rate with our injuries, Shaw will play more as LCB, and we would have Reguilon as LB.

soapythecat

Seen more intent and drive than Shaw for the vast majority of his game time recently. Easily shown more ability than Malacia too. I was doubtful he’d get many minutes but he’s taking his chances well. Great to see.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

But the big elephant in the room. Negotiating with Levy.

Alan Partridge

If anything I feel like ten Hag would see the growing injury crisis as a welcome excuse for our sorry form.

Mercurial

Let's hope he just needed to get back to the dressing room to pinch off a mega loaf and is good to go now.

Hopefully it wasn't a huge stinker, be good to have the lads be able to celebrate without an eye watering stank in the changing room.
They have him on the same Pie diet as the regular starters now.

Crimson King

If anything I feel like ten Hag would see the growing injury crisis as a welcome excuse for our sorry form.
What bollocks is this? He wants to win matches, not be excused from doing that because of injuries. He's more frustrated with the situation than anyone on this forum.

Kostov

I though he was rubbish, whenever an attacker took him on, it was open season. Yes a lot of intent and drive, but when he actually gets into a position to do something, it's either a shit cross or even blocked. I don't think he is good enough and hopefully Shaw is back fit soon.

Idxomer

I though he was rubbish, whenever an attacker took him on, it was open season. Yes a lot of intent and drive, but when he actually gets into a position to do something, it's either a shit cross or even blocked. I don't think he is good enough and hopefully Shaw is back fit soon.
He isn't but as an emergency loan, he's doing just about ok.

Bwuk

Levy let him come here without any sort of loan fee, as long as we cover his wages. He’s not wanted at Spurs.

I would imagine it’d be a very minimal fee.

edgecutter

Let's give it a few months lads. 3 games isn't enough to judge him. Even malacia looked great when he first came and I think most of us can now see he is limited.

Blood Mage

Shaky defensively for sure but is that much more different than Shaw's recent performances or Malacia? He offers us more going forward than any of our other full-backs IMO.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Let's give it a few months lads. 3 games isn't enough to judge him. Even malacia looked great when he first came and I think most of us can now see he is limited.
You could see Malacia was limited in his first game to be fair.

OrcaFat

We need to negotiate when Shaw is back in the team and playing well. If Levy thinks we really need Reguilon, it will be impossible to deal with him.

JediSith

Also, allows Shaw to play LCB when Martinez is injured or tired and have a very good LB to take Shaw’s position. Also don’t forget Martinez can play CDM. So Shaw as a LCB, Reguilon LB, Martinez CDM if ever our midfield is decimated with injuries.

TheReligion

Abusive
Shaky defensively for sure but is that much more different than Shaw's recent performances or Malacia? He offers us more going forward than any of our other full-backs IMO.
What recent performances? Shaw and Malacia are both injured and the season is 6 games in :lol:

JuriM

Seeing how Spurs play now under the new manager it was a weird move by them not to use him.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Irritating as if he turns out really good then Spurs will want good money for him which is when the Glazers don’t cough up. Instead we’ll have Ashley Young at LB at the start of next season then we’ll be drilled away at Ipswich so panic buy a lower quality LB.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Irritating as if he turns out really good then Spurs will want good money for him which is when the Glazers don’t cough up. Instead we’ll have Ashley Young at LB at the start of next season then we’ll be drilled away at Ipswich so panic buy a lower quality LB.
I doubt it, they couldn't wait to get rid of him and he'll only have a year left on his contract by the time he returns to Spurs.

Based Adnan

He's surprised me. Looks better than I thought he would. Having said that it's early days and we've seen many start well only to drop off.

Worth exploring on a perm if he keeps it up though. You'd imagine Spurs would be open to selling with Udogie looking as good as he is.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout

I've really taken to this lad.

Did we put a buy option in the deal? Don't think we did... still too early to tell obviously, but a very promising start.

tomaldinho1

Levy has a weird reputation for being some master negotiator purely from not wanting to sell Kane, he’ll happily sell players they don’t want and they don’t seem to get amazing fees for fringe names (Winks, Sanchez, Alderweireld, KWP) they arguably hang onto players too long. Reguillon by all accounts has no future there so will he really be turning down a decent bid just because it’s United? I think not.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Levy has a weird reputation for being some master negotiator purely from not wanting to sell Kane, he’ll happily sell players they don’t want and they don’t seem to get amazing fees for fringe names (Winks, Sanchez, Alderweireld, KWP) they arguably hang onto players too long. Reguillon by all accounts has no future there so will he really be turning down a decent bid just because it’s United? I think not.
We got him for a decent price, Levy will probably want a percentage above what we paid, but I don’t think it will be extrorionate.

Just thinking about it I think Persic Was injured after Sergio was loaned out, I dunno if that would change Ange’s thinking.