Sergio Reguilón

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

I don't understand this. Please explain
Nothing to explain really. We re signing a player knowing that if he s a success he ll want to leave us for Madrid. If he s a flop he ll want to stay.
We can refuse to sell him but keeping a player with his heart elsewhere doesn't make much sense

passing-wind

I remember the hype he had when he first burst onto the scene he was marvelled I've no idea why Madrid are not utilising their own talent. I haven't been able to grasp his progress this season but given the review of his play he's the perfect player to target. If Madrid are happy with a loan + obligation to buy why are we not making use of this opportunity ?

Chelsea got their pants pulled down for Chillwell, it's not oftentimes you see good value for fullbacks in modern times it's a valued position.

ChaddyP

Nothing to explain really. We re signing a player knowing that if he s a success he ll want to leave us for Madrid. If he s a flop he ll want to stay.
We can refuse to sell him but keeping a player with his heart elsewhere doesn't make much sense
Even if all of that were true. how does that make us real Madrids feeder club. Or do I have a different understanding of the phrase

Cliche Guevara

Is Hakimi any good?

Bearing in mind he’s had a good season at Dortmund by all accounts, and he’s Madrid born and bred.

Real have just sold him to Inter, who I suppose you could say are now a European rival, for €40m with no apparent buy-back or sell-on.

You could argue that’s a lot of money for someone who might be considered not good enough, but you don’t tend to pay that for a shite player.

Real look like they are cashing in on players who simply aren’t going to be starting ahead of their current first choices, but who have significant market value.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
30 million is a very good price, too much, and that surely comes together with some buy back option, or on the contrary, loan + purchase option.
Popular and appreciated among fans.
He seems humble and very madridista.
I would say that he would want some kind of clause but personally I think his future in Madrid seems difficult, especially because of Miguel Gutiérrez, a left-back of the academy of whom everyone speaks wonders.

Tiber

just scrolled through the last 6 pages, can't help but notice this saga is very light on sources

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
just scrolled through the last 6 pages, can't help but notice this saga is very light on sources
It really is. Not much things going on about this. So far the only thing we know is that he's been offered to some clubs which one of them is us. Whether we are interested or want to invest the money on him remain unknown. Being offered doesn't mean much, it's like how Bailly was offered to AC Milan few months ago and Milan said no.

izec

Don't think anything is in this personally. I doubt we will spend money on a LB this summer, even if it would make sense in theory. I just dont think it is a high priority. RW and CB are higher on the list to me and are also reported from better sources.

Darlington Padgett

He might want to go back but I can't see him benching Mendy.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
30 million is a very good price, too much, and that surely comes together with some buy back option, or on the contrary, loan + purchase option.
I would say that he would want some kind of clause but personally I think his future in Madrid seems difficult, especially because of Miguel Gutiérrez, a left-back of the academy of whom everyone speaks wonders.
What was the consensus at Madrid about Alvaro Carerras who joined United?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
What was the consensus at Madrid about Alvaro Carerras who joined United?
Little information, only the news of his signing .
Everything I know I read in a Madrid forum, which I think someone shared in the Carreras thread, here on redcafe, from what I remember they compared him to another left back, highlighting Carreras as a more attacking profile

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Little information, only the news of his signing .
Everything I know I read in a Madrid forum, which I think someone shared in the Carreras thread, here on redcafe, from what I remember they compared him to another left back, highlighting Carreras as a more attacking profile
Thanks..

mewnew11

Would be a good back up to Shaw and would be excellent when we switch to 3-5-2 with Reguilon playing wing back and Shaw moving to the back 3.
For 25m this should be a no brainer.

The fact that de gea is taking pictures with him and mason already following him on insta tells me this is a done deal and the players already know.

United wouldn’t agree to any sort of buy back clause, whether at the behest of the player or the selling club.

iHicksy

He'll end up taking Shaw's spot I feel. Which is good, because we need players who will push each other to be better. I feel with his attacking output and Shaw's injury proneness he'll find himself our starting LB (Were he to sign) and end up being tough to displace, much like Evra was. It's a shame dalot never kicked on after all the hype of him being the most highly sought after right back in europe for his age. Having quality on each flank in the form of four players is exactly what every title challenging club needs.

sp_107

I doubt we entertain any clauses likes this , We would have got haaland if we were prepared to offer a low release clause in first place .. I think we negotiate deals in a different way to reflect our clubs stature

He'll end up taking Shaw's spot I feel. Which is good, because we need players who will push each other to be better. I feel with his attacking output and Shaw's injury proneness he'll find himself our starting LB (Were he to sign) and end up being tough to displace, much like Evra was. It's a shame dalot never kicked on after all the hype of him being the most highly sought after right back in europe for his age. Having quality on each flank in the form of four players is exactly what every title challenging club needs.
Was Dalot hyped by anyone besides Jose? I’ve not seen a single thing to suggest he was worthy of what José claimed.

Red_toad

Was Dalot hyped by anyone besides Jose? I’ve not seen a single thing to suggest he was worthy of what José claimed.
There was a lot of interest in him, there is a very good player, but injuries and little game time has held him back. I believe PSG are very interested in him now, so hopefully we can do a deal.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It would instantly show we are submissive to other clubs.
It would actually show we're learning from our past mistakes where we flushed vast amounts of money down the shitter. Signing a player like the one in question would represent good value in comparison to the extortionate prices fullbacks are going for nowadays.

If Madrid want to buy him back in a couple of years for twice the amount then that represents good business on our part. But the likelihood is that they probably won't because they have a established leftback already at the club who they bought for a very high sum. They also have a young Left back coming through the ranks that is highly thought of.

Egotism needs to be put to one side here and the greater good of the squad needs to take precedent.

It would actually show we're learning from our past mistakes where we flushed vast amounts of money down the shitter. Signing a player like the one in question would represent good value in comparison to the extortionate prices fullbacks are going for nowadays.

If Madrid want to buy him back in a couple of years for twice the amount then that represents good business on our part. But the likelihood is that they probably won't because they have a established leftback already at the club who they bought for a very high sum. They also have a young Left back coming through the ranks that is highly thought of.

Egotism needs to be put to one side here and the greater good of the squad needs to take precedent.
Complete rubbish.

We would be subservient to another club.

It’s got nothing to do with other transfers, which clearly a lot of them have been poor - however the two are unrelated.

-Supreme-

It's unlikely the buy-back clause would be twice the amount, and Madrid could still buy him back to sell on immediately similar to Morata's case.

Mark Pawelek

Complete rubbish.

It’s got nothing to do with other transfers, which clearly a lot of them have been poor - however the two are unrelated.
If you can't recommend us a better, available, left-back your argument is just pride. Last season Barca took 3 players on loan from Inter, Barca, and Real Madrid. Their Real loanee was a prospect. Bayern didn't cut their nose off to spite their face with "we don't take prospects on loan because they makes us subservient to another club". Tell me I'm wrong. Recommend us a LB we can sign.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Complete rubbish.

You need to come down from your high horse and humble yourself because we aren't in a position to dictate terms on a player that is reportedly being offered for a knock down price. You're also so narrow minded in your thinking that you won't entertain the idea that buying a player for a knock down price with a buyback clause could actually benefit us.

RkkMan

Madrid never put high prices in buy back clauses and the certainly won`t want to buy back a full back at 50m plus you`d be looking at circa 40m which is the equivalent of a prostitute offering cheap sex we shouldn`t go for a deal where a buy back clause is mandatory under any circumstances and it won`t happen anyway this same team walked from the Haaland deal due to a release clause.
Its not unrealistic that Utd negotiate something else like a sell on clause of circa 20% or a first refusal option.

cyberman

You need to come down from your high horse and humble yourself because we aren't in a position to dictate terms on a player that is reportedly being offered for a knock down price. You're also so narrow minded in your thinking that you won't entertain the idea that buying a player for a knock down price with a buyback clause could actually benefit us.
Why arent we in a position to dictate terms? If we dont like a clause then we walk away.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
How often are buy back clauses ever used anyway? Madrid will find another young talent and buy them first. They’ve already got mendy who’s a similar age.

if it means we can get him cheaper then who cares

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Madrid never put high prices in buy back clauses and the certainly won`t want to buy back a full back at 50m plus you`d be looking at circa 40m which is the equivalent of a prostitute offering cheap sex we shouldn`t go for a deal where a buy back clause is mandatory under any circumstances and it won`t happen anyway this same team walked from the Haaland deal due to a release clause.
Its not unrealistic that Utd negotiate something else like a sell on clause of circa 20% or a first refusal option.
Madrid don't with other clubs but with United they could and the player could also push for the move which may force Madrid to temper their expectations.

If you can't recommend us a better, available, left-back your argument is just pride. Last season Barca took 3 players on loan from Inter, Barca, and Real Madrid. Their Real loanee was a prospect. Bayern didn't cut their nose off to spite their face with "we don't take prospects on loan because they makes us subservient to another club". Tell me I'm wrong. Recommend us a LB we can sign.
I’ve no issue with loans, that wasn’t my argument, but we shouldn’t accept buy back clauses.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Rather pay 5-10m extra if we really want him then let them have a buyback clause. I think 30m without any clause will be enough if in the end if we really go for it.

Why arent we in a position to dictate terms? If we dont like a clause then we walk away.
Which is exactly what we will do. It’s a negotiation (if we are interested), and a buy back clause is not in our interests. This by the way, has just come from a random poster on a forum as a suggestion as far as I can see.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
I think this is how I view it too. It’s a calculated risk.

If we’re in for him for the quoted fees it’s a bargain and if that comes with the caveat that we may lose him after a few seasons or may need to renegotiate down the line then so be it.

The only reason Madrid would come in for him is if he’s performing excellently which implies benefit to our club anyway. Madrid also have Mendy and Marcelo so it’s not like there is even a pathway for Reguillon.

He has to move to get football and he could flop but for that price it’s a gamble worth taking.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
So we are in a position to do so? We arent a desperate beggar on the steeet here. Its Madrid desperate for money, not us
If we want to buy a player from the biggest club in the world for a knock down price, a player who represents value. Then you aren't gonna dictate terms to them. We couldn't dictate terms to Palace and Leicester and got our pants pulled down and this particular deal represents even better better than both those deals even with a buyback.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think this is how I view it too. It’s a calculated risk.

If we’re in for him for the quoted fees it’s a bargain and if that comes with the caveat that we may lose him after a few seasons or may need to renegotiate down the line then so be it.

The only reason Madrid would come in for him is if he’s performing excellently which implies benefit to our club anyway. Madrid also have Mendy and Marcelo so it’s not like there is even a pathway for Reguillon.

He has to move to get football and he could flop but for that price it’s a gamble worth taking.
Completely agree mate.

MDFC Manager

IMHO we need an attacking right back much more than we need an attacking left sided one.

Status
Not open for further replies.