Sergio Reguilón

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

If we sign him and he's going to provide accurate aerial crosses into the box, who will be aiming to get on the end of them? I'm pretty sure from memory I can count the amount of headed goals Martial and Rashford have scored for us in the past few years on two hands.

Skills

Snitch
If we sign him and he's going to provide accurate aerial crosses into the box, who will be aiming to get on the end of them? I'm pretty sure from memory I can count the amount of headed goals Martial and Rashford have scored for us in the past few years on two hands.
How many headed goals do Salah, Mane and Firmino score?

Why do you think he’s just gonna pump aimless high balls into the box? The graphs clearly shows he can do a wide range of crossing.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
You do know crosses eventually dip right? You don’t need an Ibra/Fellaini in there everytime to get on the end of it. Good players always find ways of getting in scoring positions. The likes of Fernandes, Pogba and VDB will all get on the end of crosses. Also if you remember Rooney the year after Ronnie left scored like 10+ headed goals. How many header before that season did he score? Prolly only a handful.

Revan

Assumptionman
Would be a good back up to Shaw and would be excellent when we switch to 3-5-2 with Reguilon playing wing back and Shaw moving to the back 3.
For 25m this should be a no brainer.

The fact that de gea is taking pictures with him and mason already following him on insta tells me this is a done deal and the players already know.
He is probably better than Shaw and does not get injured as much. With AWB being awful at attack, we need a more attacking fullback.

If he comes, Shaw is gonna be backup to him IMO.

DSG

I don’t think Ole wants Regulion if it means he has to give up on Upamecano or Sancho.

Ole loves Williams, loves the kid’s tenacity, just watch his press conferences and comments about him. I rate the lad myself.

To me, when building a squad, getting another LB when we have two already seems mad — unless the fee is 10m or something.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
How many headed goals do Salah, Mane and Firmino score?
An even better question; how many of the 25 PL assists that Robertson and Alexander-Arnold managed were headed goals?

RDCR07

I don’t think Ole wants Regulion if it means he has to give up on Upamecano or Sancho.

Ole loves Williams, loves the kid’s tenacity, just watch his press conferences and comments about him. I rate the lad myself.

To me, when building a squad, getting another LB when we have two already seems mad — unless the fee is 10m or something.
If you think you were happy with Williams at LB then you aren’t seeing something right. He can’t attack and doesnt make overlapping runs. At least Shaw makes runs even though he is shit at crossing and there is no end product. Switch Williams as a back up to RB and see if he is more attacking on his favorite foot and bring in A LB. Reguilon looks like he is already better than Shaw and Williams at LB from what I’ve seen and heard. So not signing him for 20-25m is going to be a huge mistake.

Also sign someone for 10m? We aren’t signing someone for a pub team. The likes of Jamal Lewis from Norwich is going for 14m. Reguilon seems to be a more finished article can costs around 8-10m.

BulgarianDevil91

Messi the midget scored a header when being guarded by Rio, we'll be fine.

Giggsyking

because he is not good enough to be a starter for Real. He is a good player, but not a top player. Sevilla would like to keep him, but not for 30m. He might still be a good signing for United, but he gets overrated.
Not good enough to Real Madrid is not good enough to Man Utd.

Red_toad

Agree a sell on clause would be better. Our luck he will have a great season and Real will jump in with a buyback. I would want to be in control of when he moves if he moves at all.
We won’t buy a player who we don’t have control of. Buy back don’t can work in numerous ways, some Would be agreeable other not at all.
If Real want a set buy back they’re not going to have really big clubs who can afford 25 million on a left back after him. They need money so aren’t really in a strong negotiating position, for a player who would be 3rd or 4th choice for 1 position.

AsonUnique

I think this would give us some options with our formation and allow Rashford to cut in. I hate seeing Shaw and Williams cutting in but not being able to make anything of the space while Rashford is stuck outside. Imagine chasing a game and having Reguilon and Rashford bombing down the left.

Reguilon would be awesome but for some reason I see him as the perfect signing for city to replace Mendy with. With that said I hope we can get him. With him getting called up to the national team and age if he doesn't work out we should be able to get a similar fee for him. Low risk high reward.

Reactions: Sultan

Red_toad

Also sign someone for 10m? We aren’t signing someone for a pub team. The likes of Jamal Lewis from Norwich is going for 14m. Reguilon seems to be a more finished article can costs around 8-10m.
Would could possibly get Estupinan for less than 10 million. United have scoured him during last season, I’d be happy with him as part of the squad, very good player with a lot of potential. You don’t need to spend tens of millions on every player, there are some gems out there who don’t cost the earth.

RDCR07

Would could possibly get Estupinan for less than 10 million. United have scoured him during last season, I’d be happy with him as part of the squad, very good player with a lot of potential. You don’t need to spend tens of millions on every player, there are some gems out there who don’t cost the earth.
Another guy WITH potential? We got plenty of that in our U-18s. We need someone who is capable of going into the first team straightaway. Shaw is not going to be fit the entire season. Maybe we can keep him fit by not playing him every game. Didn’t he play 16-17 games in a row before he got injured? Also spending 20m nowadays is peanuts. It was like spending 5-7m during Fergie days.

Rolaholic

Not good enough to Real Madrid is not good enough to Man Utd.
It's got nothing to do with not being good enough for them,they already have a club legend and Zidane favorite in Marcelo there along with an expensive longtime Zidane target from France in Mendy at that position.

It's literally the exact position Hakimi was in a few months prior before signing for Inter, he had impressed on loan with Dortmund but was too good to stick around to be 2nd or 3rd choice in Madrid so they let go of him with a first refusal clause for his own sake. Same thing is happening here with Reguilon

EwanI Ted

Part of the reason they haven't scored is the quality of the crossing. Anyway not all crosses are in the air.

MalcolmTucker

Yeah Robertson and TAA are lionised for their crossing but all they're aiming for is Firmino, Mane, Salah and Wijnaldum. I'd say Rashford and Martial are on par with them as far as aerial ability goes.

ghagua

If United do sign him, he would be a very good signing. Overall, not a lot of money these days for a quality international player.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Anyone actually think we are genuinely in for him. I see it as pie in the sky stuff tbh.

Would love to see it though.

Dempsey19

If this goes through, I forsee Reguilon actually being first choice LB. Shaw is sadly the kind of player we've had a lot of over the recent years

Starts to plays decent after handful of games > Plays more and gets good > Gets injured for long time > Start from square 1 involving poor/mediocre performances > Repeat
This. Shaw isnt very good when he gets near the box, and we run the risk of him getting injured as per usual. I'm all for Reguilon coming in as first choice LB.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
Umtiti is the last thing we need. Another erratic injury prone centre back on a huge wage. We already have Jones, Bailly & Rojo doing that job. No thanks.

VDB, Reguilon & Thiago, keeping Smalling, would be better.
I was actually going to ask the same question with the 3 you mentioned but saw the tweet re: Umtiti and wasn't aware how severe his knee problems were.

SinNombre

Anyone actually think we are genuinely in for him. I see it as pie in the sky stuff tbh.

Would love to see it though.
How is it pie in the sky stuff.

RM want to sell him.

The only question is do they want the extra €10m now or they prefer having the buyback option.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He’s just removed Seville from his twitter bio supposedly so looks unlikely he’s going back there.
People always tweet stuff like that and it turns out that the player never had it there in the first place, and even if he did have it and remove it, it doesn't mean much as he currently isn't a Sevilla player.

El-Manos

He started following some of the United lads, as stupid as it sounds that is usually quite telling. Also Romano reported he’s been offered to us.

PoTMS

I think we'll sign him on a loan deal just before the window ends with an option/obligation to buy at the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.