Sergio Reguilón

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Reliable news for Real Madrid..

Cheers for the heads up, after doing a bit of digging it turns out that Tomas Roncero who wrote the article for AS sometimes collaborates for El Chiringuito (reliable for Madrid)

Last edited:

Okey

First monitoring, now a rumoured bid. Could we really be after him? Great low risk, high potential buy for that fee. Has always looked quality, at least offensively.

Fuller10

Marca now reporting that he his likely to sign for Sevilla permanently.

croadyman

Marca now reporting that he his likely to sign for Sevilla permanently.
Yeah it certainly looks that way, mind you did a bit of translating of the Estadio Deportivo article (supposedly reliable) and the english translation bit blow really amused me

The 'Reds Devils' would be willing to put between 25 and 30 million euros on the table to reinforce a position in which they only have Luke Shaw and young singer Brandon Williams, offering Reguilón the starting vitola in a team that will again compete in the Champions League in 20/21. A proposition that does not displease the side and with which Sevilla FC cannot compete economically.

Last edited:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Fine with a sell on and first refusal. If it means we get him for around the touted 30m, then that's a reasonable request.

macheda14

ABC is a Madrid based newspaper apparently, not sure of their reliability.
https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/abc-spain/

Not sure in regards to their football reporting, but they don’t seem to be a lying tabloid a la the sun or daily mail, even though they are right wing in their bias. So one would hope their culture of factchecking their sources extends into their football reporting.

Zoo

Seems like he’s clueless on this one but wants to carry on the image that he’s aware of absolutely everything that’s going on.
He confirms our interest at least. AS and Sport in Spain can be very poor.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
There goes the notion of Ole "British only plz" (which I actually don't mind at all, if possible).

RUCK4444

Seems like he’s clueless on this one but wants to carry on the image that he’s aware of absolutely everything that’s going on.
More like he’s winding his neck in after being off the mark with his guesswork on Sancho.

A clever bullshitter only let’s himself get caught out once in a while. He will sit on the fence again now and retweet others until something becomes obvious.

I’m all over this Italian fella. ;)

Dare to Zlatan

Supports
Zlatan
I think a new/additional left back is just as important if not more important then a successor to matic this summer.

As soon as Luke shaw suffered his injury we really lacked any attacking threat from either full back, and it’s no coincidence that rashford was a lot less effective without shaw making his overlapping runs.

Wether Reguillon is the the man for the job I can’t say as I’ve only seen him the once against us in the Europa league, but in the that game he certainly looked an improvement on what we have in an attacking sense from fullback.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
More like he’s winding his neck in after being off the mark with his guesswork on Sancho.

A clever bullshitter only let’s himself get caught out once in a while. He will sit on the fence again now and retweet others until something becomes obvious.

I’m all over this Italian fella. ;)
I am struggling to recall what exclusive stories he’s put out this Summer.

Fuller10

Following Mason Greenwood on Instagram (and vice-versa). Probably just because they went up against each other a few weeks ago though

yamo123x

We paid 80m for a shit defender in Maguire. Lindelof has a mistake in him. Our full backs offer nothing going forward. And right now, we've got to look for a defender who can conceal Maguire's weaknesses. Torres is light weight for the PL. Badiashile could be our best bet.
Stopped reading when i read your first line

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s just the nominated deity in the Twitter world at the moment. He’ll be tossed to the side soon. It was Di Marzio and Ornstein before him.

RUCK4444

I’m struggling to think of any period. Maybe there has been in the past but I’m certain whilst he has some connections the guy just jumps on things last minute with a confirmation of ‘here we go’ like he did with VDB after the reliable Ajax journo confirmed it.

Please somebody correct me, has this guy actually broken news through his own sources previously? I hope I’m wrong so I can shut the feck up about him :D

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Nothing special. But apparently we are useless without attacking fullbacks.
Filtered the data from top 5 leagues for left backs. Ages 25 or younger, having completed at least 15 key passes. Reguilon is third placed.
League​
Player​
Club​
Age​
Minutes​
Total Key Passes​
Min per Key Pass​
Long Key Pass​
Short Key Pass​
Germany​
Aarón Martín​
Mainz 05​
23​
1423​
28​
51​
10​
18​
Germany​
Robert Skov​
Hoffenheim​
24​
1148​
20​
57​
6​
14​
Spain​
Sergio Reguilón​
Sevilla​
23​
2403​
40​
60​
8​
32​
Germany​
Alphonso Davies​
Bayern Munich​
19​
2107​
33​
64​
1​
32​
England​
Ben Chilwell​
Leicester​
23​
2240​
34​
66​
6​
28​

He's also third placed when you sort the data with highest amount of total key passes:

LeaguePlayerClubAgeMinutesTotal Key PassesMin per Key PassLong Key PassShort Key Pass
ItalyTheo HernándezAC Milan2228014267240
SpainPervis EstupiñánOsasuna22287741701130
SpainSergio ReguilónSevilla2324034060832
EnglandBen ChilwellLeicester2322403466628
GermanyAlphonso DaviesBayern Munich1921073364132

He's certainly one of the best attacking left backs of his generation last season. Shaw managed 17 key passes in 1431mins, Williams 8 in 688mins. He'd be a very good option to bring in imo.

Robin Van Cutie

He seems like a fantastic option to have in games we’re expected to win.

We have gotten better at breaking teams down, but we still need more options. If we went into next season with the current squad, we’ll drop points trying to plough straight through the middle. Bruno’s arrival has helped us do this but I hope it does not mask our need to have quality in wide positions - this chap seems like he’ll add exactly that.

The frustrating thing for me is watching many opponents literally leaving or fullbacks in space. They think it’s a gamble worth taking and they’re probably right.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Our interest shows that Ole's in the opinion that our fullbacks need to be better at attacking. So the notion that Ole is satisfied with our current non-attacking fullbacks is false.

If we don't sign any winger this window, we need (at least) one attacking fullback to properly use the width.

Marcus

Wait. Who is Pervis Estupiñán? Would we be interested? He is with a team (Watford) which got relegated.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He just tweeted info from Di Marzio article.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Our interest shows that Ole's in the opinion that our fullbacks need to be better at attacking. So the notion that Ole is satisfied with our current non-attacking fullbacks is false.

If we don't sign any winger this window, we need (at least) one attacking fullback to properly use the width.
It doesn’t show that at all. The most sensible supposition is that he recognises a lack of depth at LB, with Williams likely to be understudy to AWB and Reguilon understudy to Shaw.

liamp

Wait. Who is Pervis Estupiñán? Would we be interested? He is with a team (Watford) which got relegated.
I would hope so. He'd be a great fit here. Total workhorse with pace who can fecking ping a cross.

Status
Not open for further replies.