Shooting at Dallas Protest - 5 police killed

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
CNN reporting the man in the images was videod in the crowd while the shots were being fired so they are confused as to how it could be him shooting from an elevated position. They are also saying that this man handed his gun into the police according to his brother and is not a suspect.

What a crazy thing to tweet without knowledge if this is true. His face is out there now and no doubt some one will still believe he is responsible.
Yep. Many of my family members in Texas (right-wing, pro-Republican, pro-gun, uber-religious, closet racists) rushed to post his image all over FB.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
:lol:

Also, I'm saving myself the torture of looking at that wonderfully-named website.

MrMarcello

I've just read "America is one of the most racist countries in the world" and "society is rotten to the core, especially in America."

You'd think people had never heard of places like Saudi Arabia or Rwanda etc. Do people not realise how privileged they are to live in Western democracies like America?
We don't. We're an insular society with the majority of citizens living in/near the same geographic area all their lives. Few venture outside a certain radius for more than a day or week or month. It's a bubble reality for many.

MrMarcello

Ladies and Gentlemen, an elected leader has spoken. And some people wonder why there exists such a divide within these borders. I give you Texas Lt Governor Dan Patrick, presented to you by (as only possible) the Republican Party.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
--“All those protesters last night, they ran the other way expecting the men and women in blue to turn around and protect them. What hypocrites!”--

Carolina Red

Staff
Ladies and Gentlemen, an elected leader has spoken. And some people wonder why there exists such a divide within these borders. I give you Texas Lt Governor Dan Patrick, presented to you by (as only possible) the Republican Party.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer
--“All those protesters last night, they ran the other way expecting the men and women in blue to turn around and protect them. What hypocrites!”--
FFS

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
'Somebody that was irresponsible put my brother's image out there'. I'd say walking around (what was meant to be) a peaceful protest with a feck off rifle strapped to you is pretty irresponsible, legal or not. Don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. He's lucky he didn't get killed when things went crazy.

Dobba

'Somebody that was irresponsible put my brother's image out there'. I'd say walking around (what was meant to be) a peaceful protest with a feck off rifle strapped to you is pretty irresponsible, legal or not. Don't feel sorry for him in the slightest. He's lucky he didn't get killed when things went crazy.
Sweet. The "he'll do" approach to police investigations. Nothing can possibly go wrong there.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Sweet. The "he'll do" approach to police investigations. Nothing can possibly go wrong there.
I'm not saying they weren't wrong to plaster his image everywhere. I am saying the guy is an idiot who I don't feel sorry for.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You're on to something there. He should have handed his gun over to the police when it all started or something to ensure they knew he wasn't a threat.

Oh wait.
Doesn't justify the stupidity of walking around with a massive gun over your shoulder. He could've been shot whilst approaching the officer he handed it to, and to be honest I wouldn't blame the cop in that situation. And what for?
Just stupid.

Swaters16

He was labelled as a suspect and the police posted the image because they wanted to find the shooter as soon as possible. He wasn't labelled as the shooter there is a difference. There is very little wrong with what the police did. As long as they correct their mistake afterwards and say 'he was a person of interest at the time but was not a part of the attacks' or something along those lines.

Dobba

Doesn't justify the stupidity of walking around with a massive gun over your shoulder. He could've been shot whilst approaching the officer he handed it to, and to be honest I wouldn't blame the cop in that situation. And what for?
Just stupid.
So he could have been shot for doing nothing wrong and you wouldn't blame the cop for doing so?

fecking hell, please tell me you have no interest in ever becoming a police officer.

Carolina Red

Staff
Just stupid.
You should step away from the computer for a little while.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
So he could have been shot for doing nothing wrong and you wouldn't blame the cop for doing so?

fecking hell, please tell me you have no interest in ever becoming a police officer.
I wouldn't blame a cop for making a mistake in that scenario is what I'm saying, but you're clearly more concerned with finding an argument here.

There's absolutely no justification for it having a rifle in a crowd of people and it's only going to cause trouble for yourself. Which is exactly what has happened. Shock.

You should step away from the computer for a little while.
You should step away from your country for a little while.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
You're saying you'd overlook a police officer shooting a man for doing something protected by the Constitution. But don't let me stop you.
I could accept a police officer shooting a man approaching him with a big gun whilst in a hectic crowd that contains multiple shooters, whether he's allowed to because of an outdated, ridiculous Constitution or not, yeah.
Maybe he shouldn't pointlessly walk around with a killing machine and avoid the whole problem.

Last edited:

Carolina Red

Staff
I'd overlook a police officer shooting a man approaching him with a big gun whilst in a hectic crowd that contains multiple shooters, whether he's allowed to because of an outdated, ridiculous Constitution or not, yeah.
Maybe he shouldn't pointlessly walk around with a killing machine and avoid the whole problem.
I guess you'll say the cop in Minnesota was justified in shooting that guy as well, since he was exercising the same Constitutional right?

Tell me, what other aspects of the Bill of Rights need to be stricken from the most successful written constitution in human history?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I guess you'll say the cop in Minnesota was justified in shooting that guy as well, since he was exercising the same Constitutional right?

Tell me, what other aspects of the Bill of Rights need to be stricken from the most successful written constitution in human history?
Nope, because it's an entirely different scenario. Still, maybe it would've panned out differently if it weren't for that amazing Constitution of yours.

Carolina Red

Staff
Nope, because it's an entirely different scenario. Still, maybe it would've panned out differently if it weren't for that amazing Constitution of yours.
Oh it's a different scenario is it?

Cop shoots man in Minnesota after he tells him he is legally armed.

Cop (hypothetically) shoots man in Dallas after he tells him he is legally armed.

You're right. Totally different situation. Damned geography!

RedTiger

Half mast

Bringing up American exceptionalism on this site probably won't go down too well.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Oh it's a different scenario is it?

Cop shoots man in Minnesota after he tells him he is legally armed.

Cop (hypothetically) shoots man in Dallas after he tells him he is legally armed.

You're right. Totally different situation. Damned geography!
Yes, well done, you simplified it so it sounded the same. I'm going now.