Should Maguire be subbed on in the last minute if we're winning so he can lift the trophy?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thought he would have given Garnacho a taste of it, but not unhappy for Maguire to get on after the stick he's had.

edgecutter

The amount of shit he’s taken from our “fan” base. He deserves that as a parting gift before he leaves in the summer. Happy for the lad
He'll be here for the foreseeable. No club is going to pay the wages we are giving him

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Happy for Maguire. feck off with all the negativity. He’ll be sold in the summer.

Strelok

He should of handed it to Bruno.
Tbf he let Bruno lift it together with him and carried it all the way down to the field. He knew he didn't deserve it and Bruno is the true captain. Imo we shouldn't criticize him for this.

Sviken

Maybe we could try to be happy for him instead of berating him for doing what he's told to do.
Happy for him? What are you even talking about? Happy for him and his defensive blunders? I am also not the one slagging Maguire right now, you guys brought him up for no reason when you should have been happy about lifting the trophy.
My point is we need better fans, you included.
What makes you a 'good' fan, actually? Accepting mediocrity?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I honestly like Maguire and I think he has a role to play at the club. Have him be 3rd choice who keeps Varane and Martinez on their toes.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I am very happy for Harry. He is the club captain, and you can feel how you might want about it, but fact is that the captains armband sits on his arm. Ten Hag has not replaced him. He is the club captain, he should be lifting the FA cup trophy.

Allowing Bruno to lift it with him is pure class, as well as an admission of his status and Brunos contribution.

evil_geko

So what's your point? We should praise him for being shit?
So it's either constant abuse online or praising him, there is no middle ground eh? He is not good enough for us, he should leave the club where he can play, but reading constant abuse is disgusting. Just fecking stop.

norm87cro

Well he desrlerves it as much as Fred/Lindelof/McTominay/Martial or any other player thats fallen out of grace. Football is about winning trophies and players should be allowed to enjoy themselves

Sviken

So opposite of constant abuse online is praising him, there is no middle ground eh? He is not good enough for us, he should leave the club where he can play, but reading constant abuse is disgusting.
What 'constant abuse'? All of our players have gotten their share of abuse, Maguire might have been one of the top of the list, but it's not like it was undeserved. He's been a terrible signing and it's to be expected. If you are actively searching for people being mean to him on twitter or something, then that's your own fault, but I don't know what you expect. Why did you people have to bring this up right now? Let him be happy at, hopefully, his last season here

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Happy for him. It would be nice for us fans not to indulge in the ridiculous memification of him by 10 year olds on YouTube

What I liked about today was the fact that he brought Maguire on for football reasons today. Five minutes to go today and Newcastle pumping in high balls, bring on a big centre half who is good in the air. The fact to he centre half helps lift the trophy is coincidental.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What 'constant abuse'? All of our players have gotten their share of abuse, Maguire might have been one of the top of the list, but it's not like it was undeserved. He's been a terrible signing and it's to be expected. If you are actively searching for people being mean to him on twitter or something, then that's your own fault, but I don't know what you expect. Why did you people have to bring this up right now? Let him be happy at, hopefully, his last season here
:lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I was very pleased for him

we know he will leave in the summer. and his time at Utd has mostly been difficult. (Although for his first two seasons I thought he was pretty good)

it was fantastic gesture from ETH. He could easily have brought in Lindelof who was good in his last game or malacia and move Shaw in. But it was the right thing to do I think

BuzzKillington

So it's either constant abuse online or praising him, there is no middle ground eh? He is not good enough for us, he should leave the club where he can play, but reading constant abuse is disgusting. Just fecking stop.
Thank you, I lack the effort to respond to this indefatigable negativity. I even put in my original comment I hope it’s a swan song for him.

Good player, not a club great, I hope he gets a good move in the summer.

BootsyCollins

Imagine supporting United and beeing mad about the captain of the club lifting a trophy. I hope he post a picture of himself with the cup over his head every day for the rest of time and dissables the comments.

TrueRed79

A show of respect for the club captain. Surprised the question should be asked in the first place.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Absolutely no issue with our club captain lifting the cup. It's in the job description.
If this is what's bugging some of you lot right now then you're fkn weird.