Should we appoint Wenger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AneRu

We don't need to appoint another manager who's past his sell by date (see van Gaal and Mourinho)

But, we have to be on the lookout for a new manager. It's basically a matter of weeks before Ole gets the chop.
I think Wenger for a couple of seasons whilst we wait on Tuchel/Nagelsmann/whoever would be better and he does know how to build a team on the cheap too.

AneRu

The poor man has endured enough with Arsenal. Why would we subject him to an even worse run club?
I think this club is waiting for a proper old school manager who can do both the tactical and DOF bits right. Wenger has his weaknesses tactically but I think he'd be the right man to sort of stabilize us in the interim and he will get us playing some good stuff. I think it would be a good idea.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Didn’t we learn from Van Gaal and to a lesser extent from Mourinho to not look to the past?

Jericholyte2

If we’re going to do this again I’d rather see Ole as DoF or similar (his signings have been the highlights of the season so far) and to bring Poch in, presumably when he quits / gets sacked.

Surely with Poch’s public comments about Spurs’s transfer activity Ed couldn’t get away with another penny pinching window.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
It would be embarrassing if we appointed Wenger, we'd have made full transformation into the banter club....but I'd still take him at this point. Can't get much worse. We are heading for a mid table finish currently.

I'd rather we went for Brendon Rogers if we had to choose between the two.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
It would be embarrassing if we appointed Wenger, we'd have made full transformation into the banter club....but I'd still take him at this point. Can't get much worse. We are heading for a mid table finish currently.

I'd rather we went for Brendon Rogers if we had to choose between the two.
No the choices are Wenger or Moyes

Schmeichel=God

The poor man has endured enough with Arsenal. Why would we subject him to an even worse run club?
This

Also...Wenger is not magic. One cannot polish a turd....and that is what most of our players are. Almost every one of them lacking to a disturbing level.

Manchester United players. Barely able to score from open play.

DoomSlayer

Is there a point in time where Manchester United fans actually get themselves together to solve the real issues? The state of the fanbase on every public platform is embarrassing right now.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
This

Also...Wenger is not magic. One cannot polish a turd....and that is what most of our players are. Almost every one of them lacking to a disturbing level.

Manchester United players. Barely able to score from open play.
Great idea : we can just buy an entire league 1 club. Surely there must be a gem or two in there we basically got for less than what we paid for someone like Maguire. Rinse, repeat.

Castia

Why don’t we just sign the next Messi? It will fix everything.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Any available manager that's better than OGS should be a 'yes' to bring in.

I mean, why settle for a worse manager - thus worse results and worse footy...?

Just think about it pragmatically.

Sir Scott McToMinay

So do you think we should go for Wenger?
As a caretaker? Sure.
He is a phenomenal coach for young players, and every single young player we have would benefit immensely working with him, and we would play great football under him within a month or two of his appointment.

That’s a totally hypothetical scenario and won’t happen anyways.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Absolutely fecking not

tomaldinho1

He's a quality coach but was just awful at spotting defenders - given our defence is actually ok, when can he start?

SungSam7

You know in 4 hires we haven't engaged a single modern manager. Let that sink in.
The thing is, who would be considered a modern manager, I feel Thomas Tuchel is probably the dream manager to take in but why would he leave. Klopp another but as if that is ever going to happen now.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
As a caretaker? Sure.
He is a phenomenal coach for young players, and every single young player we have would benefit immensely working with him, and we would play great football under him within a month or two of his appointment.

That’s a totally hypothetical scenario and won’t happen anyways.
Really? He was struggeling big time at Arsenal and they didn't play good football for quite som years under him.

KennyBurner

before mourinho was sacked this was the guy I wanted to caretake for the club. he will at least coach us on how to attack with possession. He isnt clueless in that department. I'm all for it to be honest.

Nick.

I don't think he would join us because I suspect he would see it as a betrayal to the Arsenal fans

Status
Not open for further replies.