Should we appoint Wenger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Fitting for a club of our stature.
The club with an endless pocket managed by a manager with an endless pocket.

And a very long coat (represents the long rebuilding process).

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’d absolutely improve us so yes id take him in a heartbeat. Also FAM TV would be epic!

Zlatattack

It'll never happen, but i'd love to see him as a DoF. He'd be excellent in that role.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
:lol: what the heck, no way!

Would be a much worse appointment than hiring Jose when he was already past it. Wenger was past it over 10 years ago

Rendezvous with Ronaldo

Supports
Hartlepool
:lol: No Modern doesn't mean young. It means a manager who deploys his team to mirror modern tactical concepts. High pressing, synchronised football etc. LVG was the closest not Ole. It's not about age
They are not 'modern' concepts, these are concepts that you merely personally like to see. Whether they are modern or not is an irrelevance, and you know it.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The comments here :lol:

Wenger is leagues above Ole. Players will at least know what to do in the final third. It's been ages since we did something in the final third. As I mentioned earlier, there is nothing to lose for us. Any one would be an upgrade now.

Caliban

Enjoy taking Wenger in a heartbeat :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I've come to believe that he wouldn't come here at this point.

The club is, at this point, advertising itself as being so badly run that I really doubt many big name managers would want anything to do with Woodward etc.

I think younger guys like Rodgers, Howe, maybe Pochettino, would consider us - but Woodward is clearly way out of control. He's a toxic element that someone like Wenger wouldn't go near at this point in his career.

Lest we forget that Klopp out and out rejected Utd because of a meeting with Woodward - and that was back before Woodward had really begun his reign of madness.

I get that the 'Ole in' cult are not the most sane minded individuals at present, and most are swept up in their own ego and 'being right' rather than what's best for the club itself - but it should be clear to pretty much anyone at this point that Woodward has made the Utd job something to be avoided for many managers.

The club has slowly come to resemble his image - a comical, bloated, pompous brand that is all bells and whistles but utterly no substance.

Woodward has hollowed out Utd like a parasite and made it a shell for his own ego to reside inside.

Managers like Wenger wouldn't touch him with a barge-pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.