Should we renew De Gea's contract?

Renew?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

Because we have to proritise how we spend our money and watching this team 3 times a week for 6 months I'm still not sure how anyone can say a keeper is higher priority than someone to score goals
It's both. Signing a goalkeeper is an absolute must.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's been a shit goalkeeper for half of his time here. 2017/18 was his last season as a top goalkeeper, steady decline since where he's varied between average and garbage.

NK86

He's been a shit goalkeeper for half of his time here. 2017/18 was his last season as a top goalkeeper, steady decline since where he's varied between average and garbage.
Yet for some reason, we are offering him a new contract.

justboy68

He's so far passed it it's not funny and even in his prime he had numerous flaws. Shouldn't be any consideration of keeping him.

Mmm-Qatarian

For the love of feck, all we need to do here is not renew. I am praying that we don't somehow screw this decision up.

davidmichael

Save us, Butland.

I'm serious. Throw him in for the last few games and see what happens. De Gea's head is gone and the defence have zero confidence in him.
That’s what I said at the start of the season, unless we have Varane and Martinez then Casemiro in front of them the defence looks scared to death and when you have De Gea and Maguire on the pitch together they scare each other to death so piles more pressure on both of them.

VivaRonaldo85

No. He’s having his own go at getting us to miss out on CL football (remember Sevilla)

Dorris

He’s genuinely the worst number 1 in the league, he’s that bad.

prateik

I have no idea how we can trust him anymore.. he makes too many mistakes.. Can't remember the last keeper we had that got away with so many mistakes..

Some great memories, but he has to go.. He wont be #2 and there is no way he should be our #1 next season.

fallengt

Jaysus, the man really hates us..
How dare club want to reduce best goal keeper in the world's wage? That's so unfair

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Unfortunately I think he's already signed and it just hasn't been announced yet

hobbers

Can't wait to see how they announce his renewal at the same time as his mistakes take us out of the top four.

Brainless board.

arnie_ni

Then sign a cheaper striker. We can't keep de Gea on goal. It's as urgent as the striker position. It's an absolute must.
We can't go bargain basement on striker again. We need a gamechanger. We are impotent up top.

arnie_ni

No gamechanger is gonna come without CL football.
Well then we are fecked because we are awful up top. We are dominating this game and can't even create a good chance. Any half chances we get we can't even hit the target

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
100mil. There's a thread on it
100m if we don't sell any players, which we obviously will.

Realistically it isn't in any way a choice between a GK or a CF. It's a choice between GK and some other position.

arnie_ni

100m if we don't sell any players, which we obviously will.

Realistically it isn't in any way a choice between a GK or a CF. It's a choice between GK and some other position.
We don't have that many thatl make us much money in fairness

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
We don't have that many thatl make us much money in fairness
You don't really need to make that much to free up FFP scope. Being able to make an Antony or Sancho level signing "costs" 25-35m in that sense.

Chairman Steve

I have no idea how we can trust him anymore.. he makes too many mistakes.. Can't remember the last keeper we had that got away with so many mistakes..

Some great memories, but he has to go.. He wont be #2 and there is no way he should be our #1 next season.
Probably Barthez and his eccentricities? Maybe Roy Carroll?

I remember when Foster got his run in the team and was quickly nixed by Ferguson after some shit performances.

Hester_manc

We really need a keeper, we can trust. Someone who not just have fantastic games for a periode of time. A goalkeeper with stable performances

led_scholes

He is the most costly renewal ever; mistakes leading to missing CL in 2019, the 2020 EL semi (losing money prize), the 2021 EL final (again money prize, and this year mistakes in EL and in the league risking again missing top 4.

Izual

At this rate Kane is gonna turn us down cause he’ll consider us a downgrade from Spurs ffs.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Ten Hag not being ruthless enough with De Gea will probably cost him his job. Not even a relegation side would think about extending his contract after the season he has had.
The sad thing is that this is arguably his best season he's had in the last five (or certainly in the top two). Which just goes to show how bad he's been for half a decade now.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would be so obviously renewing for the wrong reasons. To be fair, as a grown up now, I can appreciate that these are business decisions that have to be made at times, if we find ourselves in a situation where we cannot afford to go big on a keeper we will have little choice but still - we would prefer not to renew under these circumstances.

spiriticon

Yes, on half the salary he is currently on as the number 2.

Take it or leave it would be my attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.