Renew?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The through line during his career is that he loses concentration. When we’ve been a poor team in 6-7th in the league and he’s busy he’s an excellent shot stopper.

But when we’ve had better years or we are on top in games and he has one thing to deal with every now and then he makes massive mistakes.

The better the team we become the worse he’ll be for us.
Agreed. Does well when he has loads to do. Goes to shit when his team is expected to have possession. Probably why he's disappointing playing for Spain as well.

waza7111

A new Goalkeeper should be the number 1 priority.

It's even more important than a striker for me.

KD6-3.7

Ten Hag not being ruthless enough with De Gea will probably cost him his job. Not even a relegation side would think about extending his contract after the season he has had.

Eric_the_Red99

Agreed. Does well when he has loads to do. Goes to shit when his team is expected to have possession. Probably why he's disappointing playing for Spain as well.
When did he even last play for Spain? Isn’t he like their seventh choice keeper now or something?

Idxomer

But he has gone to shit multiple times this season under pressure.

arnie_ni

Replacing him or not doesn't solve our biggest issue and that's scoring goals. We're fecking dreadful up the other end.

As I've said before, if we can somehow find the money to sign a keeper a 9 and someone to play beside casemiro, go for.it.

davidmichael

Forget the summer I'd get Butland on now and see if he is a better option until the summer.
Exactly this, it was pointless bringing Butland in if it was just so we had two keepers in him and Heaton to sit on the bench keeping each other company.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Sucks because with him overtaking Stepney today as the goalkeeper who has played the most in the club's history, it would have been nice to actually be able to say nice things about him.

But if we want to do that, our best bet is with him as a former player.

Rolaholic

Absolutely not

Whenever the pressure gets heavier and the matches get bigger he shrinks and plays smaller

We need someone like an Allisson or Ramsdale who will actually save and win you extra points over the course of a season rather than give them up senselessly.

Chip

No. But mainly due to his lack ball playing ability, which is the main reason behind our extremely deep defensive line.

Kag

A contract renewal is suicide at this point.

It will be one of the worst contractual decisions of all time.

SAFMUTD

Replacing him or not doesn't solve our biggest issue and that's scoring goals. We're fecking dreadful up the other end.

As I've said before, if we can somehow find the money to sign a keeper a 9 and someone to play beside casemiro, go for.it.
How does that has anything to do with the fact that De Gea is shit and has cost us multiple games?

CM

If we renew his contract I'm finding a new club next season

AFC NimbleThumb

The through line during his career is that he loses concentration. When we’ve been a poor team in 6-7th in the league and he’s busy he’s an excellent shot stopper.

But when we’ve had better years or we are on top in games and he has one thing to deal with every now and then he makes massive mistakes.

The better the team we become the worse he’ll be for us.
Perfectly put.

arnie_ni

How does that has anything to do with the fact that De Gea is shit and has cost us multiple games?
Because we have to proritise how we spend our money and watching this team 3 times a week for 6 months I'm still not sure how anyone can say a keeper is higher priority than someone to score goals

Someone

Something
We can't possibly be successful with a goal like that. Would be a massive mistake giving him a new contract. He makes a great save here and there, but honestly all keepers do. The definition of a liability, and it impacts everyone around him.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
When did he even last play for Spain? Isn’t he like their seventh choice keeper now or something?
:lol:

There's a reason for that. He was making mistakes like the one today relatively routinely for Spain. Spain's dropped him for a while now. Probably because they're serious about winning football games.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Please no, enough is enough. He's gonna cost us Top 4 again like he did a few seasons back.

AndySmith1990

Some people just remember the occasional highlight reel save and think that's enough for a United keeper. No thanks. Get rid already

lilcurt

For the first time I am switching to 'no'.

Dave has been a great servant to the club but his poor distribution alongside now a seemingly higher number of clangers each year means his time needs to be up.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Renew De Gea and we simultaneously start the conversations about who the next manager should be.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Save us, Butland.

I'm serious. Throw him in for the last few games and see what happens. De Gea's head is gone and the defence have zero confidence in him.

Edwards6

As if his ball playing and claiming of crosses wasn't bad enough we can't even rely on his shot stopping anymore, cancel the contract talks and get him gone. Been saying for years we need to be more ruthless with players and this is another one

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's a bad goalkeeper. I'm starting to think this particular dip in form has something to do with his pending exit this summer. He seemed quite reserved after the Brighton semi-final win.

The_Midfielder

He is good .. But does not have the mentality and the passing ..
He messes up when we need him the most .. Better get a younger player that can pass .. And is more than average in saves .. Like a Ramsdale ..
I think that will benefit us long term..

Djemba-Djemba

He's one of the worst keepers in the league.

I was going to say only the Leeds and Leicester keepers were worse but they've both been dropped.

Valencia Shin Crosses

People still think he's a good shot stopper btw.

Cowardly keeper that never plays well in the highest pressure games. I don't even consider him a club legend honestly, his best years were us sitting deep and getting battered so he could make a bunch of reflex saves.

Status
Not open for further replies.