Sign this Petition!

Rudie

Mentary
Possibly... Of course what we don't know if that change is likely over say one decade rather than four decades
Or perhaps we should try to understand why their minds have changed and why they've become disillusioned with what they once voted for?

All this bitterness isn't getting anybody anywhere, and that goes for the EU as well. Merkel has the right idea, Juncker just creates a bigger divide each time he opens his mouth.

Ixion

I mean online petitions are fairly pointless and this won't achieve anything but even if it were only 350k so far, a ~600k person swing on referendum night would have seen the result go the other way. It's not an insignicant number.

Untied

Wahey. A Brexiter not understanding the data properly again. It looks like the constituency totals aren't included in the UK total in the JSON. Or it isn't updated rapidly. If you add up all the country totals it is far less than 2m and UK based signatures make up around 85% of the signatures listed by country

Rudie

Mentary
I might start a petition about the Iceland v England game, if we lose I demand it gets replayed.

Ixion

I might start a petition about the Iceland v England game, if we lose I demand it gets replayed.
Remember when that Arsenal-Sheffield United match got replayed because Arsenal scored an unsporting goal? :)

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
Wahey. A Brexiter not understanding the data properly again. It looks like the constituency totals aren't included in the UK total in the JSON. Or it isn't updated rapidly. If you add up all the country totals it is far less than 2m and UK based signatures make up around 85% of the signatures listed by country
It isn't my tweet. Clearly many signing the petition are not form the UK but it doesn't matter anyway. The petition is pointless.

:lol:

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
You're never going to get a referendum/election where both sides can agree that the other has been impartial though.
What if people who voted leave decide that they were lied to?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
What if people who voted leave decide that they were lied to?
Then we'll have a referendum to get back in at some point. I very much doubt they're all going to immediately regret their decision, and I don't see how you'd universally define it as being enough anyway.

Ixion

They weren't lied to. That argument is wearing thin now.
Lies or not, do you think any of the information of the past day or so, like the 350m/NHS mistake, the financial reaction etc. could have caused anyone who voted leave to change their minds if the vote was held again tomorrow?

BringNaniBack

We both know what the lies were. I'm not having a tedious exchange over semantics.
They weren't lies that's the point. The fuss everyone is now making about apparent lies is mainly to do with the 350 million a week and immigration. We do send the EU over 350m a week and yes we do already get a rebate back for over half of it. We already new this and when we leave the EU we will stop sending that 350m so that is not a lie. Secondly immigration, it was claimed we would be able to control immigration if we left the EU and the single market and if we do, we will be able to control it. That will be up to the current government, not the leave campaign.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
They weren't lies that's the point. The fuss everyone is now making about apparent lies is mainly to do with the 350 million a week and immigration. We do send the EU over 350m a week and yes we do already get a rebate back for over half of it. We already new this and when we leave the EU we will stop sending that 350m so that is not a lie. Secondly immigration, it was claimed we would be able to control immigration if we left the EU and the single market and if we do, we will be able to control it. That will be up to the current government, not the leave campaign.

BringNaniBack

Lies or not, do you think any of the information of the past day or so, like the 350m/NHS mistake, the financial reaction etc. could have caused anyone who voted leave to change their minds if the vote was held again tomorrow?
Not enough people for remain to have won. These so called lies have been blown out of proportion by the media and the angry remainers who are looking for any excuse not to accept the result. We already new there would be an initial financial reaction, if people didn't know this then they shouldn't of been voting. Where is Osborne's emergency budget?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I just checked the data link that @BringNaniBack is going on about.

United Kingdom: 365,483
Rest of the World: 90,540
Total: 456,023

So yeah, it's rubbish. The data doesn't take into account 2 million other votes. It's also probably slightly more in favour of United Kingdom as I only selected the United Kingdom figure. But yeah. You're welcome.

Having said all that, if you applied the same ratio to the current total votes. Then you get 1,982,837.

BringNaniBack

But they've already said they're not.
It isn't up to the leave campaign where the money goes. It isn't up to Farage. Government have the freedom to do what we want with it. People should really have understood this from the start.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It isn't up to the leave campaign where the money goes. It isn't up to Farage. Government have the freedom to do what we want with it. People should really have understood this from the start.
Well what were they doing making promises they couldn't keep then?

Not sure about you but I'd call that a lie :)

Sigma

And who is going to make the big decisions? Cameron and co will be gone, the big decisions will be made by leave campaigners such as Boris and Gove.

Manny

Grammar Police

moxdevil

I get the distinct impression that many here are confusing prominent individuals (from different parties) of the Leave campaign with the government. People like Farage can make all the promises and statements they want, they are in no position to enact unless the government agrees.

Last edited:

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Then we'll have a referendum to get back in at some point. I very much doubt they're all going to immediately regret their decision, and I don't see how you'd universally define it as being enough anyway.
Only one way to find out

Tyrion

Or perhaps we should try to understand why their minds have changed and why they've become disillusioned with what they once voted for?

All this bitterness isn't getting anybody anywhere, and that goes for the EU as well. Merkel has the right idea, Juncker just creates a bigger divide each time he opens his mouth.
Not sure I agree. If Britain votes to leave the EU, the leaders of the EU have an obligation to the rest of the EU to get a deal that benefits them, rather than accommodating the English. If pressuring the next PM to start negotiations asap is best for the EU, they can and should do it.