Television Silo

Hamnat

I watched the premiere so far on Appletv+ . About to watch the second episode. This will be sort of like Expanse for me. I had read 2 of the books before the Expanse premiere. And I read some of the book series this is based off as well. But it has been so long I only vaguely remember where I left off I know I didn't finish, not because I didn't like it or anything.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Is this based on Wool? I never got round to reading it.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
2 episodes in and its been good without being amazing. Loved the books and so fat they have done a great job of visualising how it all looked. Im looking forward to the next episode

Spoony

The People's President
I like the unraveling plot...it has a bit of the Severence about it. Let's see where they take it.

Last edited:

dal

I’ve watched the first two now I’m on to the third it’s losing my attention a bit want something to happen now!

Spoony

The People's President
I loved the first two episodes but it's gone a bit mediocre...standard fare since. Oh well. I was hoping more Severence but there you go...

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
fecking hell this went downhill fast. The last two episodes were dull as shit. Just turned into a melodrama. Hope it picks back up.

Holocene

fecking hell this went downhill fast. The last two episodes were dull as shit. Just turned into a melodrama. Hope it picks back up.
Yeah... pretty dreadful. I'm tempted to google the mystery and move on with my life.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It's a bit boring isn't it. They introduced a really intriguing story and two intriguing characters in the first two episodes, and since then it's just been... meh.

mu4c_20le

Even the first two episodes weren't that great, just felt like a low budget version of Foundation. Which I didn't rate at first but realize now I kinda miss it.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Started well but dragging a bit the last couple of episodes. Hopefully gets better.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
This really went to shit. Jules is a terrible character and impossible to root for. Mad that they killed off the only decent characters in the show.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I thought the last two episodes were decent. The last one in particular. It's actually going somewhere now.
It’s a bit Lost in that nothing happens all episode and then there’s a little twist and reveal at the end.

It’s mainly Jules, she’s a crap character who I have no interest in. The first episode with Rashida Jones character and the sheriff was still easily the best. They should’ve have a show around them.

nimic

something nice
Scout
It’s a bit Lost in that nothing happens all episode and then there’s a little twist and reveal at the end.

It’s mainly Jules, she’s a crap character who I have no interest in. The first episode with Rashida Jones character and the sheriff was still easily the best. They should’ve have a show around them.
That sort of describes the previous episode, but I felt like this episode actually had something happening all the way through it. Almost like a real TV show.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's a bit too generic – I swear, I've seen the setting and all the story tropes before in so many different dystopian series/movies...
And it doesn't have any good characters.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
They lost me a bit during last week's episode when they referred to a character by their full name of Allison Becker.

The Firestarter

Okay so after the finale what do we think:
1. All a simulation matrix style - unlikely , because these "bad rendering" effects were shown only outside.
OR
2. The outside is actually a big projection room that can be redecorated on demand . There are no dead bodies there. Its filled with some poisonous gas which the better heat tape actually insulates against. So in fact its still within the silo.
OR
3. The real outside is actually the bleak post apocalyptic that was shown , there are indeed other silos nearby etc. The air is toxic. The good green picture is somehow projected from the suit , so the person the goes out to clean feels happy in his last moments. There are actually dead bodies which were not shown after the scene switched.