Sky Sports: Sir Alex Ferguson opens up to Gary Neville on his incredible career in football

jeepers

Saving this for my bath this evening.
It’s great shower content, tbh. I find that I think best in the shower or on the shitter.

He just makes managing/coaching sound so easy, doesn’t he. Like anyone who doesn’t do the same is an idiot. Love the spurs bit. Immediately went to watch the highlights after. Feck spurs.

GazTheLegend

Does anyone here know what game they reference when they say that Gary cut in from 40 yards to have a shot on his left foot?
I remember it!!! Actually only just went over the bar, as I recall. Cannot for the life of me remember the game but I remember the shot for some weird reason.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What a man. Just makes me smile watching him talk about football. I hope he has a wonderful full rest of his life and gets to see us win some more trophies.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He is the only "celebrity" that speaks and gives me goosebumps.

It's sad that now as a fan, he has to see us stumbling around whilst City and Liverpool overtake us.

I hope he can at least once see us lift a PL or UCL trophy as a fan. He deserves it.

Red_Aaron

He always leaves me wanting more too Even now he's still guarded on some subjects, just imagine the stories he could tell.

His last autobio (not the management manual thing) was so disappointing but I'm hopeful that they'll be another given this post-brain-op position he finds himself in.

They'll never be another resource for such insight into the game, I just want to mine every inch of the guy before the unspeakable happens

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Gotta say, his accent is still murder for a non-native speaker :lol: Had to stop and rewind quite a few times.
You remind me of work meetings with a Turkish guy, with good english, but he just couldn't get this Irish woman's accent at all :lol:

adkb

I could hear SAF talk about diarrhoea for 2 hours straight and still enjoy it!

laughtersassassin

Only just sat down and watched this. Man I miss him. Can't wait for the documentary.

One thing I've noticed about myself though is I find it hard to watch our past successes and stuff from Sir Alex.

I don't know, it's just depressing to see that the club's priorities are completely against what Sir Alex set up.

Anyone else feel the same? I do wonder if it will take me until the next time we are properly successful to be able to truly look back and fully enjoy watching and listening to stories from the Sir Alex years.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Looking great and still sharp as a tack, great to see.

It's so bizarre to me to think that Fergie's almost 4 years older now than Sir Bobby Robson was when he died.

When I was young Bobby Robson just seemed so, so, so old to me...and he seemed that way for years. I loved him. He was like the kindly Grandfather you always wanted.

Ageing is fecking awful. Better than the alternative but still awful.

Idxomer

Neville trying to lump City in with Liverpool as teams United paid extra respect to and Fergie is having none of it.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This is phenomenal. I got goose gumps twice during that interview. Imagine that. He's just sitting there having a casual conversation about things and he can have this inspiring effect on a completely random person. For people that don't understand why he's the greatest of all time, do you understand now? It's not normal - across any sport in the world - to dominate for 15 years at the top.

RUCK4444

This is phenomenal. I got goose gumps twice during that interview. Imagine that. He's just sitting there having a casual conversation about things and he can have this inspiring effect on a completely random person. For people that don't understand why he's the greatest of all time, do you understand now? It's not normal - across any sport in the world - to dominate for 15 years at the top.
Same. Totally agree.

Goosebumps whenever I hear the great man talk about the club.

Especially the part about attacking and throwing caution to the wind. That’s what I loved most about this club growing up and it’s because of him, if we lose we lose by going for the throat, attack attack attack.

Creating that winning mindset and creating that blend as he describes it. Genius.

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
This was more real than the documentary for me, the way that he sat up when Gary Nev asked why Fergie kept him on despite knowing that he was past it. But of course he didn't give a real answer!

Glorio

Gotta say - absolutely love Fergie. I love everything about the man

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just a truly inspiring man. Would be a dream to sit with him and just listen to him talk. You feel like every sentence is a life lesson.