Sky Sports: 'Utd need time, but my level can go higher' | Ronaldo on Man Utd, retiring and achieving more

EtH

Great interview that. Love his positivity.

Lynty

Re Everton:

"I don't like to lose"
"It was a draw"
"For me it was a loss"

:lol: :lol:
That's the mindset we need. No celebrating last minute equalisers against Palace.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
"As I told you before"

His answer to the question about players taking responsibility for poor performances was a classic political answer. He answerd a completely different question.

Good interview ish but I think Shreeves didn't push him. Maybe be wasn't allowed

dal

Great words, needs to press more like Atlanta.

Zoo

NBC interview. He does speak well even sceptics will be impressed.

Bondi77

I love Ronnie.
The guy is an inspiration and I hope his attitude is rubbing off on his teammates.

abailey123

Anyone who criticised him just needs to watch the Atlanta game. His work rate was unbelievable- he was left back in the last 5 minutes. He’ll continue to drive standards at this club

LoneStar

Anyone who criticised him just needs to watch the Atlanta game. His work rate was unbelievable- he was left back in the last 5 minutes. He’ll continue to drive standards at this club
For one off games it's okay, but he'll need to be supported by teammates more. If he works like that, he won't be able to play a lot of games..

He's one of the few players who can justify being carried by his teammates (in terms of workrate).

Sviken

He sounds more of a manager than Ole does. I can see a potential managerial career, if he wants.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

I'm sure a bit of that is just the usual old man "it's not like my generation, they have it so easy" stuff, but he really does sound sceptical of the young player's inner drive. That's a definite concern because that's how it seems on the pitch with Greenwood, Rashford for a good while now...you'd have hoped behind the scenes there was something else.

Great wordaas, needs to press more like Atlanta.
I think his point at the end is the reason why he won't: he's more objective in his choices, saving his energy for his moments that can kill the game. He was never a runner and now he'll only do that in this moments where we're really up against it and he's desperate. Otherwise he's in killer mode.

Last edited:
How could you be a United fan and not love this man?

Seeing him come here 'with' 18 as a painfully shy, skinny, awkward kid but - literally from day one - showing an absolute stone cold grittiness the second he stepped on a football pitch. A kid who developed himself from being one of the purest entertainers we've ever seen at Old Trafford into a ruthless killer with an unmatched winning mentality.

The fact that he's back, nearly two decades after he first signed, is an absolute fairytale.

If he somehow ends up leading us to a big trophy, after years in the wilderness, it'll cement his GOAT status - both United and football as a whole.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm sure a bit of that is just the usual old man "it's not like my generation, they have it so easy" stuff, but he really does sound sceptical of the young player's inner drive. That's a definite concern because that's how it seems on the pitch with Greenwood, Rashford for a good while now...you'd have hoped behind the scenes there was something else.
I'm sure Ruud was skeptical of Ronaldo too. Greenwood has been really good this season.

Sancho - a big money new signing who should have been desperate to impress - not opting to come back a few days early to join our training camp, after spending a month on England's bench, said a lot.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Sancho - a big money new signing who should have been desperate to impress - not opting to come back a few days early to join our training camp, after spending a month on England's bench, said a lot.
True, not a good sign. The fact I'd forgotten he was even one of the young top talents Ronaldo could be referring to isn't a good sign either!

I'm sure Ruud was skeptical of Ronaldo too. Greenwood has been really good this season.
Yep full of talent and good moments, but still painfully lazy all too often.

Wilt

Born winner and speaks from the heart. His mentality and self belief is second to none.

Hopefully everyone (including Ole) should learn from him. Would be very interesting if he decided to go into management.

GOAT.

Wasn’t he sick?
Nah, that was a couple of days after he'd came back.

Ultimately it's not a huge deal that he missed the training camp - he took the time off that he was entitled to. It's just not something I could imagine happening with a young, new signing in the era Ronaldo was talking about.

Xaviboy

Re Everton:

"I don't like to lose"
"It was a draw"
"For me it was a loss"

:lol: :lol:
That's the mindset we need. No celebrating last minute equalisers against Palace.
Elite mentality that from Ronaldo.

Then you have Ole smiling and laughing on 89th minute v Everton like we won.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Elite mentality that from Ronaldo.

Then you have Ole smiling and laughing on 89th minute v Everton like we won.
Maybe there was a reason why Ronaldo was a starter and Ole was a "supersub" :)

Just kidding!

SirAF

Ageist

His new favorite phrase is definitely "as I told you before" :lol:

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He just personifies motivation, incredible mentality

Worrying to hear his thoughts about younger generation, they should be doing their utmost to learn from him but it seems like they aren’t? At least, that’s what he seems to be implying

Hoping he can score on Sunday

captaincantona

Great mentality no doubt. Unparalleled in fact. But let’s be honest, at the top of the game, trying to win the toughest league in the world and trying to win the CL...it is not just a question of mentality. yes he is still scoring goals at an amazing rate (including internationally and considering his age) but he demands a style of play that accommodates him; he offers little except finishing chances and drawing away defenders; he has been responsible for losing possession at important points throughout all games so far and his link up play has been very poor. His hold up play is ordinary and his touch is loose at best. He still has that magic to pop up at the right time and I love seeing him back but my fear, as was the fear with Juve, is that he cannot be carried for entire games hoping that he comes up with the goods when it counts. He is in fact the definition of what a super sub should look like but the persona he has built up would never allow it. Question has to be asked if we would need his heroics at all if we had front 3 that pressed as a unit and unsettled the opposition more from the get go.

Last edited:

Nikelesh Reddy

The best thing about signing Ronaldo is that the pressure has now been cranked up on the manager,and quite rightly so.Had we signed just Sancho and Varane maybe a top 3 finish would have been considered acceptable…But with Cristiano in the team,we have to challenge for everything,or else the managers head will be on the chopping block…

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Talks more like a manager than the current Utd manager.

Here to win stuff - THIS SEASON. Calling out young players to pull their socks up and sort their minds out.

Honestly think he could be player manager for half a season.

Absolute BOSS.