Skyfall

Revan

Assumptionman
Funny fact: Liam Neeson was considered to play Bond in 1994 but ruled himself out because he wasn't interested in starring in action movies.

Count Orduck

Ha, one of my mates randomly text me last night asking my opinion on Jason Isaac as the next Bond (if he was into football I'd suspect you were him :lol:), he's a great shout for the role, but imo I think he's just lacking in 'swarve' and his age is against him, he's 49 now.

Tom Hardy & Fassbender are decent shouts, they may well be big stars, but if Bond continues to grow the way it is and generate the cash it does a big star would easily consider the role. But I think it could go to Benedict Cumberbatch eventually, although he has been rumoured to be the next villain, I can see them taking a whole different approach on Bond after Craig is done. Less action hero and back to the charming spy approach.
Benedict Cumberbatch is feckin' hideous though, so he'd be an awful Bond.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Tom Hardy would be brilliant as James Bond I think, he's a very good actor but could also bring that bit of fun to the character.

Michael Fassbender, I really rate him, but I think he's just a tad too intense to be a great Bond. But he's a cracking actor, he could probably make it work.

In any case, both choices would be very good and a great successor to Craig when he hangs his gun up.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Fassbender is a decent shout, I know what you mean about being intense, but in Inglorious Bastards he didn't come across that way to me, so he could probably reign it in.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
I just read Hardy is only 5 ft 9, I assumed he was taller, I suppose they use camera tricks to make him appear taller but still...

As for Bale, pretty good shout I'm sure he could play that role. Otherwise I'm really struggling to think of actors good enough to play it. Colin Farrell perhaps could fit in with the more aggressive style of Bond?

Count Orduck

I just read Hardy is only 5 ft 9, I assumed he was taller, I suppose they use camera tricks to make him appear taller but still...

As for Bale, pretty good shout I'm sure he could play that role. Otherwise I'm really struggling to think of actors good enough to play it. Colin Farrell perhaps could fit in with the more aggressive style of Bond?
Could Farrell pull off a very posh British accent?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands

Craig is only 5 ft 10. They made him wear shit in his shoes so he looked taller, would be the same for Hardy.

Farrell is a joker, not sure he's serious enough for the role. Bonds meant to have gone to Oxford, really intense job etc dunno if Farrell could pull it off. Suppose they could change direction again but can't see him doing Craigs style.

RyanGoggs

Insists on dating women in public places - for the
When you see Farrell in films like Phone Booth and also like Total Recall I think he could potentially play a serious role. I think he could do it, and pull off a suave and sophisticated character but who knows. It's so hard to tell as many people thought Craig would not be suited at all yet is to many people the best Bond

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Yeah I think he's the best Bond, but see Farrell as completely different when they should stick with a similar style. Love him as an actor though, especially In Bruges.

Gosling is another I think would be brilliant. Could see him fitting the darker films.

The Neviller

I think they would be hard pushed to get a serious actor in the role again. I think Craig has regretted it from the minute he signed up. I would rule out Hardy and Fassbender to be honest. They are set for bigger things.

Jason Isaac may be an option as he seems to have moved into the realm of TV roles and he has a huge interest and investment in movie production so the Bond gig could give him both the money and the time to continue there.
Ha, one of my mates randomly text me last night asking my opinion on Jason Isaac as the next Bond (if he was into football I'd suspect you were him :lol:), he's a great shout for the role, but imo I think he's just lacking in 'swarve' and his age is against him, he's 49 now.

Tom Hardy & Fassbender are decent shouts, they may well be big stars, but if Bond continues to grow the way it is and generate the cash it does a big star would easily consider the role. But I think it could go to Benedict Cumberbatch eventually, although he has been rumoured to be the next villain, I can see them taking a whole different approach on Bond after Craig is done. Less action hero and back to the charming spy approach.
I assume you both mean Jason Isaacs?

A scouse Bond? No fecking thanks.

The Neviller

Yeah I think he's the best Bond, but see Farrell as completely different when they should stick with a similar style. Love him as an actor though, especially In Bruges.

Gosling is another I think would be brilliant. Could see him fitting the darker films.
Ryan Gosling? Seriously?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Lazenby was an Aussie tbf. There wouldn't be an issue as long as they do the accent. Fassbender is German but he's mentioned a fair bit.

The Neviller

Lazenby was an Aussie tbf. There wouldn't be an issue as long as they do the accent. Fassbender is German but he's mentioned a fair bit.
He's half British though, his Ma is from Larne.

I think it should stay with a British/British Isles actor. Just a personal opinion.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Pfft, what do you fecks know about a good Bond. He's currently 5th favourite at 8/1 and I think he'd be quality though I'd have Hardy before him and probably Fass. You seen Drive Nev?

Revan

Assumptionman
Out of curiosity do you like The Prestige?
Definitely. My favorite Nolan's movie.

But Bale and Jackman starring on it have little to do with my opinion that they could make a good James Bond.

Revan

Assumptionman
Clive Owen should be the next Bond. Cool as feck.
Strange how no-one didn't mention it. Definitely he would be one of the best choices though it could be problem his age, especially if Craig's make those another 2 movies.

The Neviller

Pfft, what do you fecks know about a good Bond. He's currently 5th favourite at 8/1 and I think he'd be quality though I'd have Hardy before him and probably Fass. You seen Drive Nev?
I haven't mate, no. Don't get me wrong, I've liked a couple of things I've watched with Gosling in, just don't see him as Bond.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Watch it! Seriously mate, reckon it would be right up your street. Favourite film of the last few years, starring yer man Gosling.

The Neviller

Watch it! Seriously mate, reckon it would be right up your street. Favourite film of the last few years, starring yer man Gosling.
Aye, I knew he was in it, and have an idea of what it's about. I'll give it a go. He's in another one to be released soon, with a similar theme (stunt bike rider instead of stunt man, but criminal on the side). Strange to do two similar films so close together. Typecast?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Just looked at it then, does seem fairly similar though I reckon it will be more 'emotional' than drive. He's in Gangster Squad as well which is out next year which sounds another of the same type.

Maybe he is getting type cast, I think those are the films he likes doing though. Remember reading something where he said he hated his role in The Notebook, the missus maybe has made you watch it, but it's a proper romance type. This stuff suits him more and is fairly similar to the new style Bond I reckon. He would never be a Connery type as he comes a across very serious but I could see him with the Craig style of script.

Tbh I'm basing this most off Drive, but he was good in the Ides of March as well.

The Neviller

The Notbook was fecking shit, and yeah, I got made to watch it. fecking terrible film, sentimental bullshit. Kinda made me dislike Gosling a bit.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
:lol: Thought she would have made you watch it, pretty much every lad has been made to at some point. It's wank and depressing as feck at the end.

The Neviller

:lol: Thought she would have made you watch it, pretty much every lad has been made to at some point. It's wank and depressing as feck at the end.
Not sure I can blame it on the missus, I think I was forced to watch it before she was on the scene, but I'm sure she's made me sit through it at some point, or something else equally as shit, so I'll blame her anyway! Sad to see an actor like James Garner end up in a dog turd of a film like that.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Clive Owen should be the next Bond. Cool as feck.
Strange how no-one didn't mention it. Definitely he would be one of the best choices though it could be problem his age, especially if Craig's make those another 2 movies.
I think he was actually mentioned before they cast Craig, wasn't he?

Very good actor, good looking (well, we'll see what Erica has to say about that ;)), has the ability to pull off the dry humour parts and very good screen presence. Yeah he'd be very good as bond, although he's almost 50 now (which is even older than Moore when he first took up the part!).

The Notbook was fecking shit, and yeah, I got made to watch it. fecking terrible film, sentimental bullshit. Kinda made me dislike Gosling a bit.
That looked wank. Luckily I escaped having to watch it, my girlfriend saw it an evening when I was at footy. Phew!