Smashley Young

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Looked a lot less predictable on the right..that or Figueroa is just a pile of shit so I suppose it's the latter.

Sam

You do know he has been injured for a lot of the season?
I'm not being entirely serious. :)

Actually it was his cross that gave us the 3rd goal today, I don't understand why you'd like to blame him today.
He put in a cross that the defender inexplicably decided to head into his own net. Lets not pretend it was Ashley Young's brilliance that won us that match.

Kostur

海尔的老板
He put in a cross that the defender inexplicably decided to head into his own net. Lets not pretend it was Ashley Young's brilliance that won us that match.

Let's not pretend that he's had no work done in it either. It was not Januzaj, Rooney, Welbeck or anybody else who put it but it was Young. At no point I'm saying he shouldn't be off or so, no, but I can't see why you'd give him shit for today mate.

Eugenius

You say that but if that was Valencia the cross would've been into Figueroa's shins or into row Z

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

He played a role in the team winning the goal. Rooney was placed when the defender put in his net. Young could have had a proper assist.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
I thought he played fairly well today. Got about and put in some good crosses. I did like how he kept switching with Adnan as some of his better work did come down the right side. Will likely start the next game purely due to numbers as well.

Hannibal

It was his cross that won us the match. If the cross wasn't dangerous, Chester wouldn't have headed it into his own net. Rooney was waiting for the cross but Chester decided to do Rooney's job anyway.

It was another glorious performance from Young. Some of his crosses today from the right channel are better than what Valencia has contributed all season. It's baffling what confidence does to a player.

Sam

It was his cross that won us the match. If the cross wasn't dangerous, Chester wouldn't have headed it into his own net. Rooney was waiting for the cross but Chester decided to do Rooney's job anyway.

It was another glorious performance from Young. Some of his crosses today from the right channel are better than what Valencia has contributed all season. It's baffling what confidence does to a player.
Jesus.

Scrumpet

There are no words
He had a good game by anyone's standards. Lots of good crosses that our players in the box just weren't alive to.

Hannibal

4 good contributions in his last 3 games - you can't ask for more from a winger many wanted out about 10 days ago. Young is our most in-form winger whether you agree or not.

vs Stoke, 1 goal + 1 assist
vs West Ham, 1 goal
vs Hull FC, 1 assist.

Cina

It's annoying that people are still being so critical after his last three games. 2 goals and 2 assists, what more could you want from a winger? It's better than anything we've seen from Valencia or Nani this season.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He's better on the right. He can use his quickness to get in crosses. He's been terrible for a while cutting in on the left.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Decent performance, should warrant him place in the team for weekend.

TypeR

Still does that annoying fake cut-in then proceeding to cut-in, only to draw it back and fake cutting in again before actually cutting in and delivering an overhit cross routine on the left. He's rather pointless there when he's not belting top corner curlers in.

Looked a bit better on the right though, I'll give him that. More threatening (read: less clueless) than Valencia was. Though in the battle of squad wingers, I'd take Tony V over him any day. Puts a better shift in, can play 2 positions on the right, and strong as an ox. Less fannying is a bonus, stupid yellow cards not withstanding.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Something that really wound me up today was his cross from the right that the commentators criticized Evans for not attacking.

He had his head down looking at the ball for about 5 seconds before he crossed. Not once did he glance up and check the box and if he did he'd have noticed that Evans had curtailed his run and was in acres of space rather than attacking the goal with two of their defenders. It summed him up perfectly for me and gives you a good insight into why he'll never be good enough for us. Superior players don't play the ball into percentage areas, they look for a player and play the correct ball.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
I hope he maintains this form just long enough for Sparky, the returning 'Arry or Big Sam to convince club owners to buy him.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He looked better on the right. Ok performance. I fecking hate that stupid cut in move he does on the left and for that reason he should only play on tbe right.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
He's not my favourite United player, but credit where its due - he's done well for the past 3 games or so. Happy for him because he clearly loves it here.

A good performance against Norwich and Spurs now, and I'd be perfectly happy for him to stick around until the Summer at least.

DevilRed

Improving his performances and great cross to force the own goal today. Would have gone straight onto Rooney's head anyways if chester had not gotten the touch.

Shimo

Mark of our successful teams, players stepping up. Definitely going to need more from him in the coming weeks.

Ash_G

Thought he was back to his old self on the left, really offered little attacking threat, when he went right though he put in a fair few good balls.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He's not doing that thing where he runs with the ball to the corner flag and passing back to Evra as much...that's progress.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
He is actually very good today, shame he doesn't have anyone to play with. Chicharito could offer him support sometimes, and not just making runs behind the defence and leaving him doubled-tripled most of the time.

FujiVice

I'm looking at young Ash for inspiration here. Looks to have a spring in his step the last few games. He'll have a shot at least.

FujiVice

Someone on our bench just said "come on Ashley, man of the match, keep it up". I feel like a proud Dad. Good on him.

Ainu

What happened with him during half-time? Diabolical second half after a decent first half. He even started first few minutes of the second half pretty well, creating a good crossing opportunity and did well to get a shot away from just outside the box. What followed though, was pure evil.

Kag

Half-watched the first half in the pub and he looked decent there. Seemed to see loads of the ball. Poor second half, though.

prateik

Kept messing up when he slowed the game down.. Was almost like he confused himself at times.
Was decent-ish though.

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, he faded in the second half, but he still had one very good cross from which we could have easily score. Overall, I think it was more than decent performance from him, especially in the first half, much better than our any other attacking player apart from Welbeck.