Smashley Young

Skywarden

I'd say that they're quite similar in ability, but what makes me prefer Valencia to him is that he's more consistent.

Young played well at the start of the season and he's playing well now, but he has had large patches of games where he's been ineffective for us. I wouldn't really say the same for Valencia though.
Really? I experience Valencia more direct. However, Young did suffer an injury and had trouble finding form after that, much like Valencia before he really kicked it up a notch.

Amir

Young's form suffered far before he was injured against Fulham. He contributed very little after the first few matches of the season.

Still, a new team, that suffered plenty of injuries and made plenty of changes. Probably wasn't the easiest bedding in. Wouldn't judge him on that. Hopefully we'll see his best from now on. It could prove decisive.

Man Utd Class. Our wings have been a real bright spot all season and he's definitely maintained the standard. We can afford to do without one of them when he's there to step in. A very smart signing.

That goal was a real killer finish.

Godfather

What a fecking goal that was. Perfectly placed and very important as well. Going into the last 10 mins with only a goal ahead can always be dangerous.

Chabon

I don't even remember his goal, he hit it, it was going wide, and then the commentator screamed and I had some kind of euphoric blackout.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Ashley containing himself with all his might not to show a big grin in the interview there when he was asked "the title was won here last season, do you think that's the case as well now?". He knows how close he is to his first title and he looks delighted.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Great option on the bench, coming on against a tired and stressed defence, that's where Young shines.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
He looked ready and focused from this first minutes in the match which led to quality goal.

Full professional attitude. He knew exactly that securing the important win was needed, badly.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
There were 37 passes in the move for Ashley Young's goal tonight, the longest sequence of any PL goal this season.

lysglimt

Scout
There were 37 passes in the move for Ashley Young's goal tonight, the longest sequence of any PL goal this season.

Speaking of longest sequence - Valencia had 18 crosses today. Sign him up for Lost Boys 4

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
Young probably scored our best goals this season. today was just sheer class how he shot in between two defenders and curled it in the far corner. You must have serious awareness to pull that off.