So Brad has gone and the race is on to take his place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Agreed, or in Dwaynes case, not necessarily your shoes!

AgainstAllOdds

Has something like the Brad standard been set then? I mean is there a Brad line that has to be crossed before someone is permabradlied?

Whatever is being said, this place will definitely miss Brad, not in the can't live without way, but in terms of quality definitely so.

I've personally been on many forums, not just football, one of the biggest with about 120k members. When they started alienating people who brought quality to the forum it all started to denigrate slowly and today has become nothing more than a political farse!

You can laugh at Mockneys reference to Nazi Germany, but the principle always remains.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
People who contribute and bring quality to the forums aren't the same as people who contribute, bring quality to the forums and then detract from it by repeated abuse to the people who run this place, questioning every decision, and an infraction list larger than any poster that's been. You aren't really applying any context here.

AgainstAllOdds

No one is perfect Hectic, everyone's a package!

Brad brought more quality then dickiness to this forum. Unfortunately for him, he had a problem picking his battles.

WeasteDevil

Has something like the Brad standard been set then? I mean is there a Brad line that has to be crossed before someone is permabradlied?

Whatever is being said, this place will definitely miss Brad, not in the can't live without way, but in terms of quality definitely so.

I've personally been on many forums, not just football, one of the biggest with about 120k members. When they started alienating people who brought quality to the forum it all started to denigrate slowly and today has become nothing more than a political farse!

You can laugh at Mockneys reference to Nazi Germany, but the principle always remains.
Something else also remains in that there is always someone that will come to fill their shoes. You were not here before the presidential election and the ensuing forum wars, but many thought that the mass exodus of posters such as Wobbly, Big Andy, Shane, Slabber, Spoony, etc. meant the end of the CAF. It didn't, the likes of Pogue, Mockney, and more showed up.

People should simply learn to behave in the context set for them, and if they cannot do that, feck off.

AgainstAllOdds

Well Mockney did show up that's true, and in just over a year he was alienated, in contrast to those posters who had been here for ages. This is my point, not that I'm implying this is the immediate end of the caf.

WeasteDevil

Unfortunately for him, he had a problem picking his battles.
There should be no battles, and he actually created most of the battles he got involved with. Tell me why and admin or a moderator trying to keep this place in some semblance of order, in their free time, for no financial gain, should have to put up with an idiot like him stirring up shit here there and everywhere at the slightest of opportunities?

AgainstAllOdds

There should be no battles, and he actually created most of the battles he got involved with. Tell me why and admin or a moderator trying to keep this place in some semblance of order, in their free time, for no financial gain, should have to put up with an idiot like him stirring up shit here there and everywhere at the slightest of opportunities?
Because it's the fecking internet and things shouldn't be taken seriously!

WeasteDevil

Well Mockney did show up that's true, and in just over a year he was alienated, in contrast to posters who've been here for ages.
These people alienate themselves, and they do it on purpose knowing full well what they are doing. Mockney when he first joined never acted in the same way that he does now. He was too busy at the time making a likeable reputation for himself. Brad was as mad as a hatter out of the gate.

If we go all of the way back to when Brad first started posting it was around the same time that Hectic first started posting. I lashed both of them. One learnt a lesson, the other didn't.

AgainstAllOdds

In all honesty, you can be a far bigger dick than Brad at times Weaste, and you're only tolerated because of your past contribution to this forum.

WeasteDevil

Come to think of it, I don't think that anyone has caused over the years more trouble to the admin than I have (and I actually was part of the reason one resigned once and never came back). However, whenever I have caused trouble, I think that they have always been able to accept that in the main is was for valid reasons in that I mostly did it with good intentions as to the health of the forum rather than trying to make a name for myself. I can make a name for myself by putting on a dress, I don't need to cause the people that run the forum any grief.

AgainstAllOdds

No, but why should people that give their free time for the good of the forum as a whole have to put up with needless crap?
They can choose to use their Niall given power to crush the uprising, or simply ignore it and leave it be. It would die down and be forgotten. At least for a while.

Eyepopper

Brad brought more quality then dickiness to this forum. Unfortunately for him, he had a problem picking his battles.
Why did he need to have battles?

Its an internet forum, he shouldn't have taken it so seriously.

WeasteDevil

They can choose to use their Niall given power to crush the uprising, or simply ignore it and leave it be. It would die down and be forgotten. At least for a while.
Ah, but that was my style to simply feck trouble causers out for a couple of weeks, but the majority of the other admin prefer a softly softly approach and allow people the benefit of the doubt. That approach probably works for most, but not for all, and when it doesn't work, then you get the fireworks. To be fair, the strong approach didn't work with Brad either, he simply could not take a hint.

Eyepopper

They can choose to use their Niall given power to crush the uprising, or simply ignore it and leave it be.
So take the time Brad threatened Feeding Seagulls, we should have ignored that?

And running round like a 4 year old calling Wibble a cnut was ignored for ages, it didn't die down, in fact imo if anything it encouraged brad to do it more because he thought he wasn't going to be pulled up on it.

Neutral

BTV
The state of this fecking forum lately...obviously there is no football to watch, but the endless whinging :mad:

No one asked, but I'm gonna go ahead and give my opinion anyways...It seems the wish to appear more transparent, friendly, accountable, by the mods/admins has resulted in a constant bitch-fest on here.

Maybe go back to not answering questions...because the alternative seems to be a weekly 'cause' of some sort permeating across multiple forums on here.

Sir Giggsy

Team Player
The state of this fecking forum lately...obviously there is no football to watch, but the endless whinging :mad:

No one asked, but I'm gonna go ahead and give my opinion anyways...It seems the wish to appear more transparent, friendly, accountable, by the mods/admins has resulted in a constant bitch-fest on here.

Maybe go back to not answering questions...because the alternative seems to be a weekly 'cause' of some sort permeating across multiple forums on here.
Then you get accused of being Hitlers.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Come to think of it, I don't think that anyone has caused over the years more trouble to the admin than I have (and I actually was part of the reason one resigned once and never came back). However, whenever I have caused trouble, I think that they have always been able to accept that in the main is was for valid reasons in that I mostly did it with good intentions as to the health of the forum rather than trying to make a name for myself. I can make a name for myself by putting on a dress, I don't need to cause the people that run the forum any grief.
:lol:

Neutral

BTV
Then you get accused of being Hitlers.
So be it...no one is forced to be on here.

I simply can't fathom how people can get so worked up about the internet...there are only a few basic rules to follow on this forum, yet this place lately has been like some after school soap opera.

Constant drama, and most of it centers about decisions made by the people that own/run/maintain this place. I've been on a couple of other forums, and none of them allow half the 'dissent' the authorities here allow.

Yet people here are still not satisfied, so I say go back to being dictators.

AgainstAllOdds

So take the time Brad threatened Feeding Seagulls, we should have ignored that?

And running round like a 4 year old calling Wibble a cnut was ignored for ages, it didn't die down, in fact imo if anything it encouraged brad to do it more because he thought he wasn't going to be pulled up on it.
I vaguely remember that tbh and I just remember that he fecked him over with regards to some money for a ticket. Nevertheless it's silly to think that any threats made on the Internet are even remotely serious. I've had people threaten me on the phone and it never amounted to anything. However I do not condone your action upon it as a mere precaution.

Just to weigh things up, what suffering was brought upon Wibble from being called a cnut on an Internet forum? What did the forum lose by banning Brad? Would you say that hid banning is a loss or a gain?

Ridiculous conversation even on my part as I normally took the piss out of Brads attention whoring ways, but knowing that Brad thrives on that kind of thing should have made the modmins more apathetic to his behaviour.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
So be it...no one is forced to be on here.

I simply can't fathom how people can get so worked up about the internet...there are only a few basic rules to follow on this forum, yet this place lately has been like some after school soap opera.

Constant drama, and most of it centers about decisions made by the people that own/run/maintain this place. I've been on a couple of other forums, and none of them allow half the 'dissent' the authorities here allow.

Yet people here are still not satisfied, so I say go back to being dictators.

No there aren't, there's a page dedicated to them that MArching posted in a thread, there's tonnes of them. Quite a few of them are only enforced sporadically as well.

Though to be fair they could probably all be condensed into a 'don't be a dick' rule.

RedCafe Rules and Posting Guidelines - RedCafe.net

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Because it's the fecking internet and things shouldn't be taken seriously!
This is what I said earlier.

Problem is you're applying it to the one small minority of posters who are actually required to take things slightly more seriously than the rest, when it actually applies to everyone. If Mockney hadn't started taking himself too seriously on here for example, he'd be too busy being Mockney to be in here crusading against Hitler and bringing angered e-misery upon himself.

Every cnut on here takes themselves seriously these days. That's the main thing that's changed from what I can see. I'll say something that two years ago would have been taken light heartedly or as a joke, and today it'll be met with a swarm of abuse and angry self rightcheous bullshit.

The site is bigger and people come and go and don't really know each other anymore, and those that do know each other just end up acting like dicks to others. It's a bit like any other community really. The people that like it least are the ones that think it should exist to serve them as opposed to everyone. You let them have a voice and they just use it to shout at you.

AgainstAllOdds

I've been on a couple of other forums, and none of them allow half the 'dissent' the authorities here allow.
That's why this is considered as the leading forum, because the people in charge are objective and make decisions for the good of the forum, not to satisfy their own personal egos.

However I personally think that the decision to permabrad Brad was wrong for the reasons outlined.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

No. He had a problem behaving like an adult and an even bigger problem not going out of his way to be an abusive cock on a suicide mission. Brad bs the cnut Modmins.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

AgainstAllOdds

This is what I said earlier.

Problem is you're applying it to the one small minority of posters who are actually required to take things slightly more seriously than the rest, when it actually applies to everyone. If Mockney hadn't started taking himself too seriously on here for example, he'd be too busy being Mockney to be in here crusading against Hitler and bringing angered e-misery upon himself.

Every cnut on here takes themselves seriously these days. That's the main thing that's changed from what I can see. I'll say something that two years ago would have been taken light heartedly or as a joke, and today it'll be met with a swarm of abuse and angry self rightcheous bullshit.

The site is bigger and people come and go and don't really know each other anymore, and those that do know each other just end up acting like dicks to others. It's a bit like any other community really. The people that like it least are the ones that think it should exist to serve them and not everyone.
No no, I'm applying it to everyone, me included.

I was permabradlied by mistake and I didn't understand why, so I contacted people I knew on here to find out why. I left it at that and only got a reply from Wibble about two weeks after.

I've said it time and time again, this is just a place to come and pass the time, the sooner everyone understands it the better it will become.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
When you get personally attacked internet does become serious business.

Was he not banned for consistently swearing at modmins?
One of many behaviors that contributed to his downfall although for some reason we let him call me and other Modmins cnuts more or less at will and without sanction mods of the time.

WeasteDevil

One of many behaviors that contributed to his downfall although for some reason we let him call me and other Modmins cnuts more or less at will and without sanction mods of the time.
If I was still an admin I couldn't give a flying turd of massive rocket shaped proportions if he called me a cnut or not. I don't really take offence at being called a cnut, that's not the issue with him and it never was. I couldn't care less if he said he was going to rape my son, because it's A) highly unlikely that he could actually get into the position to do so, and B) it would be a death wish if he ever tried it, however yes, it's going over the top, but hey. The issue with him was always him sticking his fecking oar into places it didn't belong, and he never did it IMO because he actually cared about the situation, he did it to cause a fuss, to cause hassle, a mass drama, on purpose.

WeasteDevil

Personally, I'd give him a last chance, a very last one, but put a massive sticky thread up telling him and everyone else that if he causes any grief it's final shutters, end of game, gone, finished, dead as a dodo. Nobody can then, when he quite inevitably can't control himself, say diddle shit about why he's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.