So let's talk about Eddie Howe....

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Eddie Howe would be a great option.
I'm a big fan of Poch, but what has Poch done that Howe hasn't? (Within expectations)

A club will take a risk on Howe and in a few years we'll be wanting him but he's at Tottenham and will be hard to get
Marco Silva is another good option, but why Marco and not Howe. Is it cause he's foreign? What has he achieved?

Within 10 years, Howe has brought a club from League 2, to the Premier league, playing attractive football, with one of the smaller budgets of all the teams.
He fights fire with fire at the likes of City, was unlucky the other day by all accounts, but he's still not a good enough option.

We went safe with Mourinho, we went with experience with LvG and well, we went with Moyes. None of it worked.
Big names, achieved lots in football, all failed miserably here.

The only thing Howe hasn't really proven, is managing a big club, but somebody will take the risk, and if it isn't us, he'll be Poch v2 on this board.

Not big enough to attract big names? Is Solari at Real? Was Klopp at Dortmund?
It's easy to dismiss his attractiveness of big names, but the club will always have pull

Canagel

He can’t set up a defence. His Bournemouth side play some nice stuff at times but people overrate them.

Not a chance Ed gets him in anyway.
Attack is the best form of defence. He's working with the likes of Cook and Francis btw. Would be wrong to set up defensively if you haven't got the individual quality at the back.

Vadim

As opposed to our current situation ?
Exactly. I don’t want to trade one manager who can’t organise a defence for another, thanks.

We need better than Howe. Not a proven winner as such - but someone who has managed a bigger club than Bournemouth.

Vadim

Attack is the best form of defence. He's working with the likes of Cook and Francis btw. Would be wrong to set up defensively if you haven't got the individual quality at the back.
Don’t get me wrong, I really like Howe. But I just don’t think he’s right for Utd yet.

UncleBob

Exactly. I don’t want to trade one manager who can’t organise a defence for another, thanks.

We need better than Howe. Not a proven winner as such - but someone who has managed a bigger club than Bournemouth.
Whats big enough ?

Lord Vader

Don’t get me wrong, I really like Howe. But I just don’t think he’s right for Utd yet.
The tipping point would be if Bournemouth this season qualify for Europe next season and thereafter knock off some big names. If so, Howe's experience and accomplishments would be roughly similar to SAF's before he took over United. First has to happen, though...

UncleBob

Is that a serious question? I didn’t even want Moyes because Everton was nowhere near the level of Utd.
Why wouldn't it be ? What is an acceptable club size for a manager prior to taking over United ?

Vadim

Why wouldn't it be ? What is an acceptable club size for a manager prior to taking over United ?
Well, someone who hasn’t just managed fecking AFC Bournemouth would be a start. You should have some CL experience at least before you manage us.

I’m all for an adventurous appointment. But the risk involved in Edward Howe, well, my ass would be going. Would I take him over Jose right now though? Yes.

Canagel

I'm all for it. We've gone down the proven route already and it's been a failure . All the managers started from the bottom and worked their way up . And with eddie howe what is there to lose? We're already midtable anyway and we aren't getting relegated either - he's got lesser players than ours comfortably away from trouble. The only way is forwards

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Yes.

No.

No.

No

We're not marrying the guy. Give him a chance, and let him go if he doesn't live up to expectations. It would be almost impossible for him to do any worse than Mourinho is already doing. And if he does, we sack him. No big deal.
Yes, because it's not as if we have a completely inert and useless board who have a history of keeping failing managers longer than is good for the club...

Or a bizarrely sentimental fanbase, half of whom are stuck in the belief that if you 'give people time' they'll turn into Sir Alex Ferguson.

What you say would be fine if we had a ruthless board with high expectations - we don't.

We need managers who can and will stand up to them, and who are ravenous for trophies and who will demand to be backed by them.

Eddie fecking Howe ain't that.

Not all that bothered. We signed Depay while Liverpool signed Firminio, Di Maria when Liverpool signed Mane. Very few of us thought it was Liverpool who made the better deals at the time. Maybe we should have faith that someone who in the space of 3 years took Bournemouth to the championship and then on to the premier league where he established the club instead of getting it relegated, knows what he's doing in terms of signing the right players as well.
Why though?

Why should we, as fans of Elite, multi-billion superclub Manchester United, have 'faith in Eddie Howe'...?

We're not a learn-on-the-job academy for managers.

Would Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal 'have faith in Eddie Howe'? Because we've generated more money and won more trophies than any of them in the last 5 years.

Let Eddie Howe move onto the next logical step after Bournemouth, let him develop into a manager that could handle the running of a mega-club - because he isn't that at this point in time - few are.

edcunited1878

How will Howe get along with the structure above him in terms of scouting and signing players fit to his vision + his handling of player egos/moods and agents/entourages are my biggest issues. I would be fine giving him the time to make mistakes, learn and still improve the squad regardless of results for a couple of seasons but will the board? The club could eat him alive like it did Moyes in some aspects.

He's also using a 2 striker system so far this year, which isn't exactly ideal for a player like Paul Pogba (e.g. luxury player) who honestly doesn't fit in a 4-4-2 (double 6) per marketransfer as his preferred formation. So far, he's riding the effectiveness of Wilson and King. Will Howe be given a directive from Woodward to use the current players and be unable to offload or buy certain players?

I'm not too worried about Howe's intellect and effectiveness as a manager/coach, I'm more worried about how he will consume the size of United, the politics involved with complex player contracts, the players, the pressure, the attention, the demands, the psyche, the management of expectations, etc.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
6th after winning a game following 4 successive losses. Strange league.

the chameleon

I like Eddie Howe just as much as the next guy. But the next appointment we make is very very important. If we fall further behind city and Liverpool and spend another 2-3 seasons outside of top 4, we are finished as a competitive force for a generation in my opinion.

It's not a question of a winner Vs good/modern football Vs experience. We need someone with all those things.

Eddie howe has one of those three things. Therefore he is a huge risk.
On that logic, every manager is a HUGE risk!

Whether you think Jardim (my first choice), Conte (a Premier League and Serie A winner), Ancelloti (big name winner), everyone is a risk at this stage.

Vadim

Yes, because it's not as if we have a completely inert and useless board who have a history of keeping failing managers longer than is good for the club...

Or a bizarrely sentimental fanbase, half of whom are stuck in the belief that if you 'give people time' they'll turn into Sir Alex Ferguson.

What you say would be fine if we had a ruthless board with high expectations - we don't.

We need managers who can and will stand up to them, and who are ravenous for trophies and who will demand to be backed by them.

Eddie fecking Howe ain't that.

Why though?

Why should we, as fans of Elite, multi-billion superclub Manchester United, have 'faith in Eddie Howe'...?

Would Liverpool, Spurs or Arsenal 'have faith in Eddie Howe'? Because we've generated more money and won more trophies than any of them in the last 5 years.

Let Eddie Howe move onto the next logical step after Bournemouth, let him develop into a manager that could handle the running of a mega-club - because he isn't that at this point in time - few are.
Bloody good post.

johanovic

By the logic of no manager being good enough for us less he has been at Real,Madrid,Bayern,Juve like some are stating here should all others be overlooked? I urge those wanting to know more about Eddie Howe to read the following:
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/no-stan...ng-exceptional-the-norm-at-bournemouth-194712
http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/afc...ddie-howe-through-the-eyes-of-his-top-players
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...outh-eddie-howe-threat-big-six-steve-fletcher

Perhaps going back to the away game we had against them where they played us off the park in the first half and could have scored 3 to 4 goals against us then. By the same arguement should we not have let a certain Sir Alex Ferguson be manager of Man Utd because he came from Aberdeen? We have tried Van Gaal and Mourinho and they had the "right" CV but has that worked out? Eddie Howe is a brilliant manager with high standards and plays football in the right way. He is the total opposite to Moyes for those wanting to see the difference between them in playing style. On top of that he seems a intelligent,humble and hardworking person and I think we have had enough of dramaqueens after Van Gaal and Mourinho. Focus on playing football the right way, promote the youth we have and create a working enviroment befitting Man Utd. Support Howe with bringing in a DOF and stop this nonsene that has been going on.

Vadim

By the logic of no manager being good enough for us less he has been at Real,Madrid,Bayern,Juve like some are stating here should all others be overlooked? I urge those wanting to know more about Eddie Howe to read the following:
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/no-stan...ng-exceptional-the-norm-at-bournemouth-194712
http://www.espn.com/soccer/club/afc...ddie-howe-through-the-eyes-of-his-top-players
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...outh-eddie-howe-threat-big-six-steve-fletcher

Perhaps going back to the away game we had against them where they played us off the park in the first half and could have scored 3 to 4 goals against us then. By the same arguement should we not have let a certain Sir Alex Ferguson be manager of Man Utd because he came from Aberdeen? We have tried Van Gaal and Mourinho and they had the "right" CV but has that worked out? Eddie Howe is a brilliant manager with high standards and plays football in the right way. He is the total opposite to Moyes for those wanting to see the difference between them in playing style. On top of that he seems a intelligent,humble and hardworking person and I think we have had enough of dramaqueens after Van Gaal and Mourinho. Focus on playing football the right way, promote the youth we have and create a working enviroment befitting Man Utd. Support Howe with bringing in a DOF and stop this nonsene that has been going on.
He’s not good enough at this moment in time though.

Would Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea get him in? Then why should we give him a job as if it’s a learning school for young managers.

We aren’t college, he has to earn a reputation elsewhere first.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
What was Poch's CV when he went to Spurs? Basically Espanyol and Southampton?

AndyJ1985

Would Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea get him in? Then why should we give him a job as if it’s a learning school for young managers.

Managers earning a reputation first has done absolutely feck all for us so far. We've failed miserably with experienced managers. Why do we have so many fans who are insistent on us doing the same thing over and over and repeating past mistakes?

marktan

Not all that bothered. We signed Depay while Liverpool signed Firminio, Di Maria when Liverpool signed Mane. Very few of us thought it was Liverpool who made the better deals at the time. Maybe we should have faith that someone who in the space of 3 years took Bournemouth to the championship and then on to the premier league where he established the club instead of getting it relegated, knows what he's doing in terms of signing the right players as well.
It's not as simple as that. Only 2 of the starting lineup that won today for Bournemouth weren't there last season, where they finished 12th. A majority of those Bournemouth players have been there for 2+ years, which doesn't show much for Howe's talent (or lack of) in signing new players. Moyes' Everton consistently finished inside the top 7-8 for about 10 years, and signings was a strength of Moyes. See how that turned out?

Yes Howe has a great backing story, and his leadership in the rise of Bournemouth is commendable, but there's huge question marks in whether he can lead a top club. It would be a risk. I wouldn't mind taking the risk if Ed Woodward was quick with his sackings and cut his losses quickly if something turned bad, but we've still somehow got Mourinho in charge despite him not being backed in the summer, so really we'd be signing Howe with a view to giving him at least 2 years, which really we can't afford the risk for right now. We've already had 6 years with near to shocking levels of transfers in and out, we need someone like Pep, Klopp or SAF who've shown they have nuance with signing top level players.

johanovic

Guardiola had no manager experince before taking on the Barcelona job
Zidane had no manager expericne before taking on the Madrid job

Eddie Howe has a 10 years experince as a manager and during that time he has taken a club that was forced into administration and became a manager at the age of 31. Since then he has done a remarkable thing with Bournemouth and gave Man City a proper game at the Ethihad that was in stark contrast to what Man Utd were able to do there. He has done if you had bothered to read a little about the man in the articiles I linked by having very high standards in training on top of some very shrewd buy´s for a club with limited finances. Ake,Wilson,Brooks,King,Cook,Fraser are an example of that. His team is at the top of running distances per team, sprints and so on. Saying Howe has to earn a reputation after doing this job the hard way for 10 years is laughable and an example of when people do not want to face facts. We missed a trick by not getting Klopp from Dortmund but I firmly belief that Howe will be a great manager for what ever team he takes next.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Guardiola had no manager experince before taking on the Barcelona job
Zidane had no manager expericne before taking on the Madrid job

Eddie Howe has a 10 years experince as a manager and during that time he has taken a club that was forced into administration and became a manager at the age of 31. Since then he has done a remarkable thing with Bournemouth and gave Man City a proper game at the Ethihad that was in stark contrast to what Man Utd were able to do there. He has done if you had bothered to read a little about the man in the articiles I linked by having very high standards in training on top of some very shrewd buy´s for a club with limited finances. Ake,Wilson,Brooks,King,Cook,Fraser are an example of that. His team is at the top of running distances per team, sprints and so on. Saying Howe has to earn a reputation after doing this job the hard way for 10 years is laughable and an example of when people do not want to face facts. We missed a trick by not getting Klopp from Dortmund but I firmly belief that Howe will be a great manager for what ever team he takes next.
Liverpool got in Brendan Rodgers who had similar record/standing in the game.

Arsenal had one manager for 20 years so very difficult to judge them.

Chelsea don't appoint british managers but they have appointed some managers from abroad with similar ish records to Howe. Sarri did a very similar job at Empoli and was then given opportunity to show if his methods could work at bigger club in Napoli. AVB did well at Academica and then got Porto job, you could say same for likes of Mourinho and Marco Silva aswell.

Of all the major leagues England is easily the worst for homegrown coaches not getting chances at the big club. Look at Germany, Spain and especially Italy, they constantly give the big jobs to their own coaches, Roma with Di Francesco, Spalletti has managed Roma and now Inter, Allegri with Milan and now Juve, Inzaghi with Lazio Gattuso still Milan manager and in the past you've had Inter randomly appoint Gaspareni and Andrea Stramaccioni.

The point is when those two spectacularly failed at Inter Milan, it didn't stop Inter appointing Italian managers as they could just say Benitez failed just as much as those two after Mourinho. And Frank De Boer which was a disaster.

Ultimately the issue here is all top clubs are foreign owned so they're likely to search further than if it was still English ownership.

UncleBob

Why though?

Not sure why any of those clubs wouldn't. Liverpool were happy to show faith in Rogers after his two seasons at Swansea, Tottenham were happy to show faith in Pochettino after his one full season at Southampton, if he was to leave next year it would hardly be a surprise if Howe is one of the managers that Tottenham approach. How much experience from running a mega-club did Guardiola have when Barcelona appointed him, or Zidane when Real Madrid opted for him instead of more experienced and logical managers ? Dortmund opting for Klopp, or even Tuchel (and that goes for PSG as well)

It's not that long ago that Mourinho was the logical easy choice, or Ancelotti before he failed miserably at Bayern, Van Gaal before he failed miserably here. How many logical choices are there, Conte is currently out of a job and has all the experience that fans of elite, multi-billion superclubs love, maybe we should opt for Allegri if we can tempt him away from Juventus, what about Blanc ? Maybe Pochettino is "finally ready", if he wants to go to us..

It doesn't always work out the way everyone hopes, logical choice or not, but i'd rather take a gamble on an upcoming manager who clearly has something about him, rather than a manager with an abundance of experience from top clubs who has nothing left to prove and can retire happily at any given moment.

johanovic

It's not as simple as that. Only 2 of the starting lineup that won today for Bournemouth weren't there last season, where they finished 12th. A majority of those Bournemouth players have been there for 2+ years, which doesn't show much for Howe's talent (or lack of) in signing new players. Moyes' Everton consistently finished inside the top 7-8 for about 10 years, and signings was a strength of Moyes. See how that turned out?

Yes Howe has a great backing story, and his leadership in the rise of Bournemouth is commendable, but there's huge question marks in whether he can lead a top club. It would be a risk. I wouldn't mind taking the risk if Ed Woodward was quick with his sackings and cut his losses quickly if something turned bad, but we've still somehow got Mourinho in charge despite him not being backed in the summer, so really we'd be signing Howe with a view to giving him at least 2 years, which really we can't afford the risk for right now. We've already had 6 years with near to shocking levels of transfers in and out, we need someone like Pep, Klopp or SAF who've shown they have nuance with signing top level players.
Since we were not smart enough to get Klopp and clearly Pep is not coming here who would you go for? Could Zidane be an option? No experience in England plus would he fancy United in this state?

England:Pochettino could be one but does he want to leave?
Italy: Allegri? Ancelotti? Conte? No I would not like any of those because of their style of football
Germany: Favre? Nagelsmann? Neither of those will come here
France: Tuchel? He´s not leaving PSG

Good managers are in short supply but I belive Howe is one in the making. Support him with a experienced DOF and keep Carrick/McKenna in the coaching team. Every appointment will be a risk and was the aim of hiring Van Gaal and Mourinho of having people with the right CV for the club? Has that worked out? No. Do not ignore what is obvious and that is that Howe is a very good manager,smart,plays football the right way and preps his team better than most as obvious when looking at running stats, sprints and so on. Football is after all a simple game and when you look at a team like Barca with all their talent what stands out is the amount of work they do for each other playing a high tempo pressing game and now we have City,Arsenal,Liverpool doing that to great affect. We are stuck playing dinosaur football with a team running and sprinting less than most other teams. Howe would get us playing a attacking game at high tempo, short passing and playing football the right way. It does not bother me where he comes from but what is the risk in not appointing a manger like him? Shall we continue down this road we have been on for the last 6 years or try to get back to what it´s all about: Playing prober football with a forward thinking manager.

the chameleon

I think this experience and winning record thing has to be looked at from a different angle.

I was thinking over dinner whilst reading this thread and came with a small matrix for our next manager.

A manager has a lifespan. With football always evolving, there will come a point in every manager's career where his football will be deemed outdated. Fergie was able to recognise his limitations in that area and was able to delegate and rely on his exceptional man-management. When you look at all three of our post-Fergie appointments, they all peaked as managers much before they joined us. Whereas managers like Pep, Klopp, Poch are all in their pomp, I guarantee that they will be seen as over the hill and outdated at some point in their careers. Therefore, a manager's career trajectory/momentum is more important than their experience and previous accomplishments.

Style of play. This is the other thing that important. We've tried three defensive managers. Yet we've not appointed an attacking manager. Someone like Howe, Klopp, Poch can all play attacking football. Then again, Brendan Rodgers also plays attacking football ( doesn't make him a United manager).

Willingness to train and utilise resources in the youth team and current squad instead of wanting new signings at any opportunity. Van Gaal had a reputation for doing this well. Moyes gave a young Rooney a chance. Mourinho is more of a chequebook manager.

This is what we've tried so far. (Guess who's who)

Manager A: A possession-based coach who gives youth a chance. He was an established winner in multiple leagues and a European Cup winner who one with a bunch of kids.

Manager B: A serial winner with two European cups and winner of leagues in multiple leagues. He's been able to get the most out of many players. He needs right players to get his system to work.

Manager C: An experienced manager who built strong teams from the back. Who gave many young players a chance at his mid-table who he turned into a highly competitive Premier League side. He had lots of experience managing a top 6 Premier League side.

All three played defensive football and had peaked a while before joining United.

We could now try:

Potential Manager A - a three-time European Cup winner with one the best teams on paper. A great motivator. Not much of a track record with signings. Or not much known about his tactical knowledge because he already had outstanding players. Had all the resources. Left on a high.

Potential Manager B - managed multiple leagues. Won the French league with a bunch of young players against a star-studded sugar daddy team. Great at training young players. A great tactician who can play attacking or defensive. Struggled before getting fired, but it wasn't his fault entirely because most of his young squad was sold and he hadn't found replacements. Currently available. Showed so much potential but was eventually overcome by the lack of resources. Next logical step for him would be a top club with more resource.

Potential Manager C - an experienced title winner in multiple leagues. Plays a defensive style. Not known for giving youth a chance. Currently available. He might have peaked as a manager.

Potential Manager D - a young and established top league manager. Plays attacking football. Never won a trophy. But always in the mix with limited resources. Gives youth a chance. But might have hit the ceiling for what he can do at his current club.

Potential Manager E - a young and promising manager. Gives youth a chance. Loves attacking football. Has taken a small journeyman side from the lower leagues to fighting for Europa LEague on a shoestring budget with good football. He's built a positive and balanced environment. His players and staff love him. He might hit a ceiling soon and will eventually need a bigger club to prove himself.

No names. I'm sure most of you would know who's who. But who should we go for from the potential managers?

UncleBob

I was against hiring Moyes from day one because of the time he spent at Everton, his general tactics and lack of balls against the big clubs. If he had any ambitions whatsoever, he would've left Everton at an earlier stage when it became clear he would never have the financial backing to compete for anything, yet he was happy to stay there treading water, leaning back and enjoying life. We should've avoided him at all costs. Pochettino made an easy decision to leave Southampton for Tottenham after he had barely unpacked, because he had larger ambitions and knew that he would never reach those heights at Southampton.

It's somewhat ironic that Tottenham approached Van Gaal, who turned them down and joined us, with Tottenham then ended up going for Pochettino.

Or that our approaches for Klopp were always at the wrong time.

I'd much prefer being on the front foot this time

johanovic

I think this experience and winning record thing has to be looked at from a different angle.

I was thinking over dinner whilst reading this thread and came with a small matrix for our next manager.

A manager has a lifespan. With football always evolving, there will come a point in every manager's career where his football will be deemed outdated. Fergie was able to recognise his limitations in that area and was able to delegate and rely on his exceptional man-management. When you look at all three of our post-Fergie appointments, they all peaked as managers much before they joined us. Whereas managers like Pep, Klopp, Poch are all in their pomp, I guarantee that they will be seen as over the hill and outdated at some point in their careers. Therefore, a manager's career trajectory/momentum is more important than their experience and previous accomplishments.

Style of play. This is the other thing that important. We've tried three defensive managers. Yet we've not appointed an attacking manager. Someone like Howe, Klopp, Poch can all play attacking football. Then again, Brendan Rodgers also plays attacking football ( doesn't make him a United manager).

Willingness to train and utilise resources in the youth team and current squad instead of wanting new signings at any opportunity. Van Gaal had a reputation for doing this well. Moyes gave a young Rooney a chance. Mourinho is more of a chequebook manager.

Manager A: A possession-based coach who gives youth a chance. He was an established winner in multiple leagues and a European Cup winner who one with a bunch of kids.

Manager B: A serial winner with two European cups and winner of leagues in multiple leagues. He's been able to get the most out of many players. He needs right players to get his system to work.

Manager C: An experienced manager who built strong teams from the back. Who gave many young players a chance at his mid-table who he turned into a highly competitive Premier League side. He had lots of experience managing a top 6 Premier League side.

All three played defensive football and had peaked a while before joining United.

We could now try:

Potential Manager A - a three-time European Cup winner with one the best teams on paper. A great motivator. Not much of a track record with signings. Or not much known about his tactical knowledge because he already had outstanding players. Had all the resources. Left on a high.

Potential Manager B - managed multiple leagues. Won the French league with a bunch of young players against a star-studded sugar daddy team. Great at training young players. A great tactician who can play attacking or defensive. Struggled before getting fired, but it wasn't his fault entirely because most of his young squad was sold and he hadn't found replacements. Currently available. Showed so much potential but was eventually overcome by the lack of resources. Next logical step for him would be a top club with more resource.

Potential Manager C - an experienced title winner in multiple leagues. Plays a defensive style. Not known for giving youth a chance. Currently available. He might have peaked as a manager.

Potential Manager D - a young and established top league manager. Plays attacking football. Never won a trophy. But always in the mix with limited resources. Gives youth a chance. But might have hit the ceiling for what he can do at his current club.

Potential Manager E - a young and promising manager. Gives youth a chance. Loves attacking football. Has taken a small journeyman side from the lower leagues to fighting for Europa LEague on a shoestring budget with good football. He's built a positive and balanced environment. His players and staff love him. He might hit a ceiling soon and will eventually need a bigger club to prove himself.

No names. I'm sure most of you would know who's who. But who should we go for from the potential managers?
Interesting approach and a good post. I would go for option E because I think we need to go back to creating a good stable positive working enviroment and even though more important is the ability to get everybody beliving in our method and that for me is Eddie Howe as option E.

the chameleon

I was against hiring Moyes from day one because of the time he spent at Everton, his general tactics and lack of balls against the big clubs. If he had any ambitions whatsoever, he would've left Everton at an earlier stage when it became clear he would never have the financial backing to compete for anything, yet he was happy to stay there treading water, leaning back and enjoying life. We should've avoided him at all costs. Pochettino made an easy decision to leave Southampton for Tottenham, because he had larger ambitions and knew that he would never reach those heights at Southampton.

It's somewhat ironic that Tottenham approached Van Gaal, who turned them down and joined us, with Tottenham then ended up going for Pochettino.

Or that our approaches for Klopp were always at the wrong time.

I'd much prefer being on the front foot this time
So true. This is why we have to go for either Howe or Jardim. Everyone else is a no-go.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
If Pochettino were to leave Spurs - with Real Madrid as his most likely destination in that event - then I'd be OK with Howe being given the chance to takeover.

It's all very well for some United fans to turn up their noses concerning Howe, but I don't see a better available alternative. And it's hard to see how he could make things any worse than they now are.

Time for United to take a chance, I'd say.

Mcking

We could now try:

Zidane, Jardim, Conte, Pochettino and Howe? I'd be okay with all bar Conte.

johanovic

If Pochettino were to leave Spurs - with Real Madrid as his most likely destination in that event - then I'd be OK with Howe being given the chance to takeover.

It's all very well for some United fans to turn up their noses concerning Howe, but I don't see a better available alternative. And it's hard to see how he could make things any worse than they now are.

Time for United to take a chance, I'd say.
Agree with you and can we afford not to take a chance? I feel like Grinch Mourinho has stolen my club and I want it back in the hands of somebody deserving to control it.

Irrational.

My only concern is Howe is whether he'd be able to win the respect of the dressing room prima donnas. Otherwise he'd be a good appointment and I'd be willing to give him time.