So let's talk about Eddie Howe....

Classical Mechanic

I think the interesting thing about Howe at Newcastle is the received wisdom about him is that he can’t organise a defence. On this recent run of form they’ve been very tight defensively except for the game against Spurs. Their xGA has generally been under 1 in this period.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I think the interesting thing about Howe at Newcastle is the received wisdom about him is that he can’t organise a defence. On this recent run of form they’ve been very tight defensively except for the game against Spurs. Their xGA has generally been under 1 in this period.
Is it better than it was under Bruce? Would be ironic if Eddie Howe came in and improved the defence from a hugely defensive manager

Classical Mechanic

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Does he not have a better team?
Does he have a better defence? Looked out of curiosity at the starters today. 2 already at the club, one loanee from villa, one 13M from Brighton. Yeah I suppose it can be argued that he does….I more meant it terms of style (or supposed style). As @Classical Mechanic said, Howe supposedly can’t get a team to defend, whereas Bruce is a 10-men-behind-the-ball clogger

diarm

Does he not have a better team?
Defensively, he added Dan Burn, Targett on loan and then Trippier who has been long term injured. Better but not excessively and it's not as though Bruce didn't have money and loads of windows where he could've improved the defence too.

lsd

The Oracle
Does he have a better defence? Looked out of curiosity at the starters today. 2 already at the club, one loanee from villa, one 13M from Brighton. Yeah I suppose it can be argued that he does….I more meant it terms of style (or supposed style). As @Classical Mechanic said, Howe supposedly can’t get a team to defend, whereas Bruce is a 10-men-behind-the-ball clogger

He spent 90 million in January he has a better team and the defence whether he added to or not and he did would not be under the same pressure they were at the start of the season

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Finished 11th. Only 9 points behind United, 7 points behind West Ham and 3 points points behind Leicester in 8th.

38/49 points were in the last 19 games. Interested to see how he does next season and if this honeymoon period will end or if they can recruit well like they did in Jan. A mix of solid PL players and top rated talent like City did when they began should be the model to follow. Perhaps Henderson and Tarkowski from the PL?