So who’s your favourite player now?

EtH

Bruno and Varane are the only ones who really feel like Manchester United players to me. I don’t see the attraction with Rashford so many do. He is like a robot on and off the pitch. Greenwood was by far the main draw in this squad for me.

Sad state of affairs.

RedDevil@84

How many people said Greenwood :nervous:
Didn't post on this thread at that time, but I would have definitely said Greenwood. Amazing talent. Rare player who can actually shoot with both legs. What a talent.
Still feel sad this is how it ended.

Revaulx

I don’t think I participated first time around, but I wouldn’t have said Greenwood. Too selfish. I did wonder if that was down to Ole’s “shoot on sight” instructions and hoped that under a different manager he’d become more of a team player.

Working my way through the whole squad just now, I was surprised to find that I actually don’t mind any of our players. Maguire has a smarmy manner that I can’t really warm to, but I accept that I might not be altogether rational there. Lingard is immature and mildly annoying, but it’s almost worth putting up with that to see how much he upsets some people on here…

Are there any that I would be desperately sad if they left? None really; I’ve been a United fan for over 50 years and have seen better players than any of this lot leave and life carries on.

honirelandboy

At United we only have two world class players in De Gea and Varane.

The quality of football players is really gone down hill in the last 15 years. I could of picking 40 or 50 world class players over the last 20 years.

I have to say watching Trent is a player I hugely admire after watching AWB attempting to play football for United when he should be at a mid table club.

Tap

Ronaldo, Cavani, Ddg and Bruno cos of their proven quality and dedication to the game.

Wierdly, i find fred and Mactom quite likeable even though they are not top tier players.

Deery

Dreary
I think maybe DeGea but don’t like his extreme wages.

Bruno can really make you smile although slightly erratic.

Ronaldo love his dedication and star moments but also getting on a bit.

Varane great world class a times, still getting used to the league though but could be a favourite in the future.

Fred and McTominay honest hard working midfielders not really much to dislike really.

yipthatman

He is literally the reason we cant build up possession from the back.
Doesn't make sense and not the right thread to slag off DDG. The title of the thread is 'So who's your favourite player now?'
I answered. I may be wrong in your eyes but he's my favourite player.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I got my 5yo nephew a new home top. I couldn't think of a decent player name to put on it.

AndySmith1990

After recent events I've kinda stopped caring. We don't know any of these players personally, it's best not to get too invested in them. Giggs used to be my favourite player when I was growing up and look how that turned out.

From now on I'll stick to being a fan of decent, wholesome blokes like Sir David Attenborough.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Apparently apart from Ronaldo, who is by far my favourite player, I think those are my other favourites, but with some doubts:

Bruno: I like his impact, his football, and especially his passion on the pitch. But he could be bit frustrating to watch at times when he keep losing the ball and doesn't connect out midfield properly, which I believe is part of our problems. Plus he hasn't been in good form for a while.

De Gea: He is back to his form again, who doesn't love him? Apart from his wages I guess... plus I still can't forget his poor form over past 2-3 years.

Varane: He is likeable player, and a very good defender. But I need to see him play more games for us first.

Rashford: talented home grown player, when he is on form he is exciting too watch, but he has been really shite for almost a year now. But I believe he is a good person.

Pogba: I really like his football and talent, but he sulks and is too moody in terms of consistency. I also hate the circus around him.

MCtominay: Another home grown player, who has got great attitude/work rate. But I don't like midfielder who always hide in game and is shite in passing.

Sacho: I kind of like his Dortmund version, who doesn't? But I doubt anyone likes his United version.

Cavani: He has likeable passion on the pitch, but unfortunately he is always unfit and will leave us by end of season.

Korwas

I love what Cavani brings in effort, passion, energy, intensity and intelligence. I would not have said Greenwood as he reminds me too much of Asensio. I could see his generational shooting stop him from having the drive to improve in other areas.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
There aren’t too many likeable in this current bunch. I find many of them are spoilt, immature or in it for themselves

the attitude I respect is cavani

Revaulx

De Gea pissed me off when he was instrumental in getting Franz Hoek sacked and his mate installed as goalkeeping coach. From that moment on his all-round game stopped improving.

Since this was clearly done with the blessing of club and manager, I think it’s rather harsh to put all theblame on him though. And criticising him for our inability to build from the back is also harsh, considering that he’s spent a good deal of time here playing for managers who haven’t remotely been playing that way.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's tough now. I genuinely don't think I have one but Bruno is probably the closest.

Negative Red

It's sad when I find it a lot easier to name players that I don't like. Favourites are probably Shaw and Cavani, even though both of which haven't been very good or fit this season.

L1nk

There aren’t too many likeable in this current bunch. I find many of them are spoilt, immature or in it for themselves

the attitude I respect is cavani
Pretty much this,the only player i like, he's wanted out to go home or whatever but fair play since he's been here he's been nothing but professional and will actually be a little sad to see him go at the end of the season, wish we'd had him a few years ago. Loved seeing his passion when we scored that last minute winner against West Ham

mavradal

Right now I really like Dalot, it's obvious he trains harder than pretty much everyone else bar Cristiano Ronaldo and his versatility is a huge plus which might be the reason RR is not that worried about having gaps in the RW position.

dalriada

After recent events I've kinda stopped caring. We don't know any of these players personally, it's best not to get too invested in them. Giggs used to be my favourite player when I was growing up and look how that turned out.

From now on I'll stick to being a fan of decent, wholesome blokes like Sir David Attenborough.
But Attenborough just doesn't have the pace nowadays, and anyway he spends too much time on his activities off the pitch .... all that Green Planet environmental stuff....

norm87cro

How many people said Greenwood :nervous:
Does it matter? Frankly people tend to look what is happening on the pitch istead of oustide. The likes of Benzema and Giggs would never be popular if your argument had any weight.

I think I already said it but:
1) Rashford
2) Bruno
3)McTominay

Deery

Dreary
Does it matter? Frankly people tend to look what is happening on the pitch istead of oustide. The likes of Benzema and Giggs would never be popular if your argument had any weight.

I think I already said it but:
1) Rashford
2) Bruno
3)McTominay
Who’s argument, it’s a joke mate, deary me!

ScholesyTheWise

DDG, always was fond of him even when a had his barren spell and I like many others thought he should be sold.

Cavani seems to have a great attitude. both seem to really care.

the rest of them are hard to like if I'm honest.

I logically should like Rashford if not for his off-the-field activities which are wonderful, but for some reason it doesn't click for me.

For some reason had a soft spot for Martial, this absolutely talented waster.

CloneMC16

He who must not be named was that guy :(

It now has to be Pastor Fred now. He'll never be our best player, but I love his commitment on the pitch. His attitude can never be questioned. He's always smiling, and seems like he'd be a great guy to hang around with. Pogba and Shaw are pretty close behind.

Ixion

I think I put Rashford originally. I'd still say that's the case but there were a few too many leaks and things recently likely from his camp so that needs to stop.

Dalot is growing on me, he seems to have a good attitude, and I respect De Gea more and more as time goes on.

dove

Our current bunch is not the greatest, is it :lol: For me it's probably DDG. Insanely consistent during his 10 years here (yea yea, he had a few dips but who doesn't?) and I don't know where we would have been without him... One of the very few true professionals we have in the team. Instead of sulking and crying after his transfer to Madrid fell through, he had some of his best years for us straight after. He deserved to play in a better team that actually wins stuff.

Macern

Pee pee pants
It's not the most likable bunch at the moment, but if I had to say someone it'd probably be De Gea

KjaAnd

Rashford - Love him as a player when he's on form and one of the few bright spots post Fergie. But to be honest, even if never scored another goal for us for the rest of his carreer, it wouldn't matter much. There are things that are more important than football and Rashford has used his platform to improve the lives of thousands of underprivileged children. That alone makes him a legend and me proud of being a United and football fan in an era where money is increasingly destroying my love for the game.

Zen86

I don’t really have one. I’m always onboard with anyone who comes through the academy, but modern footballers in general are insanely unlikeable I find.

sparx99

Players tend to be more likeable when you are winning (achieving you goals if you aren’t a top side).

It’s hard to like them when things are going badly and they have frowns on their faces. Some of the happy celebrations a few weeks back has started to thaw a bit of that animosity.

Jordicruyfffanclub

Rashford. In the absence of any Irish lads in the squad, I just think he's a wonderful lad and a role model.
Yeah, his form's been patchy or even poor but I've faith in him to bounce back.

MayfieldsFinest

Find it hard to have a favourite player at the moment but Bruno is the one I'd least like to see leave the club.