Social Media Justice: A "Karen" faces consequences for threatening a Black man with cops

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
She should have the dog leashed, although it is a cocker spaniel. But still, i always have my dog leashed in case he tries to bolt or something.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I did not mean it in a sarcastic tone. I mean literally, what was the reason he started recording her, granted her response is shitty.
I was being literal as well, but I realise now you mean what was the initial interaction, being him asking her to put the dog back on a lead.

It’s sad but understandable that he felt he needed to record the exchange, and he was proven to be right given what followed.

freeurmind

weak willed
Guy was kindof a dick asking her to put the leash on but she took it to a whole new level calling the police and lying.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I wonder why she acts like that. I'd rather she could be educated instead of ruined. It's better not to stoop to their level even though it's really hard.

Maybe her employer could have her undergo training and meet with colleagues to learn why her behaviour is so vile.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Guy was kindof a dick asking her to put the leash on but she took it to a whole new level calling the police and lying.
It's not an off leash area. So he's perfectly within his rights to ask her to put the leash on. Not least considering he's a birdwatcher and Cocker Spaniels are bird dogs. Nor that it's a protected woodland. So she's kind of a dick for letting her dog off leash in that area.

People are precious and react poorly to being called out on shit like this, though.

She's getting everything she deserves for all of the actions we see in the video.

Withnail

No, she calls a cop, on a black man, who's having an argument with her, and start videoing her.

Look, I'm also a minority in my country. I know she's using that card in this instance, and I do not condone it. I just feel I or anyone could be in her situation in a bad day. I think she's just trying to scare this man off, not trying to sinistically getting him killed.

Have you ever been in a fight where your emotion and panic starts kicking in and you don't realize that your friends needs 2-3 people to hold you down.

I once trying to hold my auntie from having a real go towards my uncle, and only afterwards I realized that her hands are bruised because I'm trying to hold her from hitting my uncle.
I can't imagine that's a normal occurence for the vast majority of people.

On the rare occasion I've seen someone in an uncontrollable rage there was drugs and alcohol involved.

In relation to her, he was speaking calmly and was quite a distance away til she approached him. It doesn't appear he was acting in any way threateningly.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
People looking at a video of a horrible woman massively overreacting...... then claiming that she literally wanted him murdered?.....

Pot. Kettle. Karen.
Out of curiosity, what do you think she was trying to achieve by feigning an affected scared voice and telling the police an African American man was threatening her?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
If you look closely you can read "Please use the leash", on his lips.
Madness not having him on the leash. He could run off and someone could abduct him. Cocker Spaniels would have great recall as well, like German Shepherd lets say. Those long ears mean he cannot hear much too.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
She has apologized so i hope for the dogs sake really more than anything that her life is not ruined.

The dog has been taken off her as well. So who knows.

Dante

Average bang
It's an area of Central Park used for bird watching. The rule is that dogs need to be kept on a leash, and there are signs around to that effect.

The man himself was an avid bird watcher and asked the woman to abide by the rules so as not to ruin things for everybody else. It's akin to somebody at a restaurant asking the fella on the next table put out their cigarette. It's a perfectly reasonable request and one that never should have needed to be asked.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Out of curiosity, what do you think she was trying to achieve by feigning an affected scared voice and telling the police an African American man was threatening her?
What was she trying to achieve? A million things south of getting him killed.

If any of you think that as an opening gambit, you’re pretty broken people.

She’s a racist piece of shit. That’s quite enough. Being pearl-clutchingly precious and dramatic about it sees you in the same pathetic pot that she inhabits.

Grow up.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
As a social experiment, I text that video to several of my conservative colleagues... 10 minutes later - "How is it legal to post that video without her permission?"
You live in America right?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why the feck was the guy filming her in the first place? Isn't that an invasion of privacy? Filming someone for walking their dog without a leash? Seriously? It seems everyone wants to be a justice warrior and hound people for breaking a rule, no matter how tiny it is.
He brought out the phone when she got aggressive. He had a feeling she won't listen to him asking to put the dog on the leash.

Carolina Red

Staff

She’s a racist piece of shit. That’s quite enough. Being pearl-clutchingly precious and dramatic about it sees you in the same pathetic pot that she inhabits.

Grow up.
Calm down Karen.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Grow up.
There’s a hell of a lot to unpack here, but I think:

Calm down Karen.
This is probably enough.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

Grow up.
While I wouldn't say that it was the goal, she knew that it was a risk, everyone knows that it's a risk and she used deception to create a context that was dangerous for that man.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
She knew what she was doing. Even if she didn't make the 911 call, just the threat came from a place of ill will, not out of genuine concern for her own welfare.

I'm not a fan of mob justice at all, and I'm not sure yanking people's employment is the optimal solution here, however more white people in the US need to understand the ramifications of calling the cops on black people in mundane situations. If this makes another Karen think twice before picking up the phone then in a twisted sort of way, I'm for it.

Also, imagine you're a black co-worker of this woman. How are you supposed to feel about someone who, with knowledge of how cops senselessly kill black people, deliberately called the cops on a black person who was not doing anything wrong, in an attempt to scare him away (and that's the best case scenario, I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt)?

Have her take some sensitivity training at least.

Ludens the Red

Cuz he's black, mate.
Ha, sad but true.

That whole situation literally only became what it did because he happened to be black. This goes on in the U.K. too. People calling police on young black men for ‘standing around’. Once went to a call of a ‘large black man armed with a knife sat in his car’ parked outside a block of flats. There was a large black man but there was no knife, was just waiting for his girlfriend.

Calm down Karen.
:lol:

Ramos

If there was any benefit of the doubt, it was gone when she emphasized "African American" like for the third time. She knew what she was doing.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Whilst i'm not a fan of social media justice or anything like that, I find it hard to have even a shred of sympathy for this woman.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Ha, sad but true.

That whole situation literally only became what it did because he happened to be black. This goes on in the U.K. too. People calling police on young black men for ‘standing around’. Once went to a call of a ‘large black man armed with a knife sat in his car’ parked outside a block of flats. There was a large black man but there was no knife, was just waiting for his girlfriend.

:lol:
Sadly stereotypes exists,

some same event, time, place could produce different effect just because of a different who

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
There’s a hell of a lot to unpack here, but I think:

This is probably enough.
There’s nothing to unpack there.

If people think she was trying to get that person killed, If that’s their first thought, that’s a huge problem and something they need to work on.

bucky

Because she knows what she's doing.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

If people think she was trying to get that person killed, If that’s their first thought, that’s a huge problem and something they need to work on.
You’re right that it’s a huge problem but I’m not sure you’re actually identifying the problem.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

So often, you post in such an unnecessarily aggressive and angry way. Why? There is no need in this instance.

I don't think she was actively trying to kill him, nor do I think it was her main aim to get him killed. She's not pointing a gun at him.

But she knows exactly what she's doing. She knows what she's doing when she calls the police and tells them in hysterics that there's an African-American man there who is threatening her. She knows what she's doing in the context of a country where black people can be shot for mundane reasons. She knows what it will look like when the police turn up and see a white damsel in distress and a black man 'threatening her'.

Unless she lives in a bubble or thinks that black people are making stuff up in the UK, she knows that one of many many many outcomes of that call, regardless of whether that's what she wants or not, is his death. Not the most likely. Not even likely. But its there.