Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Very, very good tonight. If he’s like that over two full halves, we’re going to reap huge dividends as a midfield unit and team.

luke511

Fantastic start, exactly the type of player we needed to play deep alongside Casemiro

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Top class.

Complete midfield with Casemiro, Amrabat and Bruno

Bobski

Excellent performance, kept it ticking, good decisions on the ball, kept the tempo going, nothing flash or necessary, just very solid.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
A central midfielder to pass the ball around in the first half and middle of the pitch…? Have we actually got one?

zaafi

We play much more liquid football and are a much more balanced team with players who look to build the play and are comfortable with the ball rather than players who give it cheaply away. Who would have thought?

Fantastic performance.

Abraxas

It was an ideal start, for sure. Palace were very compliant and let him just knock the ball round without too much of a press to deal with.

However, he did everything right as well. Great availability, energy, strong in the tackle, and passed smoothly.

Ekeke

Completely fine at leftback in this match, although he wandered from the position to appear elsewhere when we had the ball

tomaldinho1

I like how he runs with one arm slightly out like a chicken wing, it’s like his hand is on the rudder and wherever he steers us I know it’s a safe haven.

Bwuk

Did well. I think he’ll eventually play next to Casemiro when everyone’s fit, but I think he probably starts LB again at the weekend.

Telsim

I was half expecting Onana to hand him the gloves so he can play goalkeeper as well.

Roboc7

But the Manchester United scouting department said he won’t suit English football …
They’ll be briefing they picked him as a target if he puts in more performances like that.

Very encouraging start for him, could potentially make a big difference.

HookedOnAPhelan

Brought physicality, good passing, and a ton of work rate. Basically everything we've been lacking.

Excellent debut.

Gaidal

Absolutely fantastic, and he played as the deepest so Casemiro could move up higher and focus on passes in the final third instead of picking up the ball from the defence.

Shark

@NotShark
Looks the absolute business, composed on the ball, and absolutely everywhere.

BuzzKillington

Thought he looked pretty decent. Given I was pretty opposed to his signing, I’m pleasantly surprised. If he keeps that up I’m looking forward to getting my big fork out and tucking into a big slice of humble pie at the end of the season.

Drizzle

So weird, I thought he was bang average. Not bad, but nothing special. I'll have to look again.

chocolate cloud

Loved how confident and comfortable he was. Great solid home debut. Would love to see him start in CM Saturday. He's also really hot

Tarrou

is this the first midfielder we've had who can play proper one-touch football since Scholes/Carrick? Feels like it