Sofyan Amrabat | 2023/24 Performances

Blood Mage

He's quality. Him and Casemiro probably touched the ball more in that game than any of our other midfielders did in the last four or five games combined.

George Beast

Half of them came at the end of the first half where him and Case had a private game of one touch
I mean true but still, even those touches do show a side to him that you'll never see from McTominay. Super confident on the ball and with his ability, dictating play and setting the tone.

tomaldinho1

I mean true but still, even those touches do show a side to him that you'll never see from McTominay. Super confident on the ball and with his ability, dictating play and setting the tone.
I was joking, although I reckon they did about 5 one twos

TrailMonkey

Early days but he couldn't have done more IMO.

Most importantly, he showed what a difference it makes when a player makes himself available for the ball, passes it to a team mate, goes looking for it again, puts his foot in and tracks back when required. It's not difficult, but it does demand effort and application - and he showed both in spades tonight. McT could never dream of putting in a shift like that.

IrishRedDevil

His first interview. Spoke very well. Loving life and big smiles.

Told ETH that he will also play goalkeeper haha

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Great performance from him. Hopefully more to come.

OmarUnited4ever

Solid performance, will need time to sync with the team but this game was good intro for him, couple more like this and he'll catch up and get into rhythm with the hustle and bustle of PL football

bstb3

Good lad, looks like he's worn the shirt for years. So composed. Good interview on Sky also, handled it well with good answers and communication obviously not going to be an issue. Gonna be a real star here I think.

Bald is best.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looked great. Quite enjoyed him in that hybrid role.

tomaldinho1

Good lad, looks like he's worn the shirt for years. So composed. Good interview on Sky also, handled it well with good answers and communication obviously not going to be an issue. Gonna be a real star here I think.

Bald is best.
Sancho’s PR team taking note of the favouritism.

‘Sofian isn’t even bald, he just knows how to get in Erik’s good books’

Andersons Dietician

Want to see more of him but if he performs like that for the majority of the season then brilliant. He was really good, looked solid in defence and just kept popping up everywhere. Was quite impressed.

Its all gone Shane Long

Great performance, I know it was only Palace and let’s not get ahead of ourselves but he was great! Solid, calm and a great passer of the ball. Will like to see what he’s like when we play better teams but he’s what we need in the middle by the looks of it.

Alemar

Looked miles better in midfield. Can be a starter alongside Casemiro in a pivot

ShinjiNinja26

Excellent performance! Hopefully many more to come, if he keeps playing like this then he’ll be an absolute bargain to sign him permanently in the summer.

miked99

I love him already.

Did well in the 14 different positions he played in.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Having a player who will show for the ball constantly, and keep the play going, strong build up, good passing range, and is a natural in that deep phase while being very press resistant and reliable is a game changer and what we've cried out for for ages. Also works very hard defensively and will make a huge difference next to casemiro. Will be class

Sylar

Liked his interview. Happy to have him in the squad if he continues his performances like this. Think him movin to the middle helped us dominate the ball and play some good football

George Beast

We've got a really solid player here. Significantly elevates the quality of our starting 11.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

I really liked what I saw from Amrabat. You can't take it that seriously, with Palace approaching the game as a free hit. However, he showed his strength, touch and passing range. Very promising. Legs next to Casemiro, finally (although he looked best tonight when nominally at left back).

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Gonna be a great addition to our team. Him and Casemiro are good together.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Promising. Will see how can he handle pacier games.
Yep that's the question, but in terms of getting confidence and a bit of match fitness couldn't have asked for much better.

Abraxas

He looks stylistically like a robust Carrick. Same sort of positions and confidence to keep getting the ball in those areas. Consistently. Not for 5 mins then going missing.

Time will tell whether he's near that quality in tougher outings, but it's a profile we blatantly didn't have when we saw the statistical profile at Fiorentina. We don't have anyone that does these things.

AlexUTD

I really liked what I saw from Amrabat. You can't take it that seriously, with Palace approaching the game as a free hit. However, he showed his strength, touch and passing range. Very promising. Legs next to Casemiro, finally (although he looked best tonight when nominally at left back).
Manchester United 23/24 Premier League and Champions League Winners :devil:

Valencia Shin Crosses

So weird, I thought he was bang average. Not bad, but nothing special. I'll have to look again.
I mean he was top class for his role. Not every player needs to be a match winner, but he basically won every duel along with controlling the entire tempo of the game allowing us to choke out Palace and maintain possession. Something we've severely struggled in doing in recent times.